She’s reportedly inking a deal with Warner to record a new album.
A source says Rita Ora decided to leave The X Factor due to “other commitments around the world in music and acting.”
On the outside, Ora’s career is very much up in the air. Her deal with label Roc Nation went belly-up after she sued them because she claimed the company pushed her aside to focus on representing professional athletes. Roc Nation countersued Ora for $2.4 million for breaking her recording contract and failing to deliver four more albums. Ora’s attorney said “Jay Z has personally and graciously promised Rita complete freedom from Roc Nation” and are hammering out the final details, but no word what Ora has planned next aside from her exit from The X Factor. A source said “she has a huge amount of respect for Jay Z. She credits him with helping to launch her career. But it’s the right time to move on.”
She confirmed the news, saying “I had a ball on @TheXFactor last year and will miss the team.”
I had a ball on @TheXFactor last year and will miss the team.
— Rita Ora (@RitaOra) May 10, 2016
Ora wants to hone in on releasing new music again, and she’s eyeing a partnership with rival company Warner, “which will see her begin work on a new album after she finishes filming 50 Shades Darker in Vancouver, Canada,” according to The Sun.
“Her plan is to record immediately, have music released for later this year and then tour the album.”
The source adds Ora will miss working with Simon Cowell and The X Factor yadda yadda, but has to think about her career in the biz… before it fades for good.