Here Are The Highest-Paid Women In MusicJuly 10, 2019
It pays to be a talented woman!
Forbes released its annual list of music’s highest-paid people, and some of the placements might surprise you.
Taylor Swift rules the chart – beating out every man or woman in entertainment. She pulled in $185 million in the last year thanks to the massive Reputation Tour and subsequent Netflix tour film, Forbes reports. That’s a 131% increase in revenue from 2018(!!!). She even outperformed her wildly popular 1989 Tour, which brought home $170 million for the singer in 2016.
Swift made headlines this month when she penned a letter expressing disgust and sadness over Scooter Braun purchasing her old label, Big Machine Records, thus also owning her masters. Read more about that here.
Elsewhere on the list is Celine Dion ($37.5 million) Lady Gaga ($39.5 million), Jennifer Lopez ($43 million), Ariana Grande ($48 million), Pink ($57 million), Katy Perry ($57.5 million), Rihanna ($62 million) and Beyoncé ($81 million).
Here’s a list of the highest-paid women in entertainment:
- Celine Dion: $37.5 million
- Lady Gaga: $39.5 million
- Sofia Vergara: $43 million
- Jennifer Lopez: $43 million
- Ariana Grande: $48 million
- Judy Sheindlin: $49 million
- Scarlett Johansson: $56 million
- Pink: $57 million
- Katy Perry: $57.5 million
- Rihanna: $62 million
- Kim Kardashian West: $72 million
- Ellen DeGeneres: $80.5 million
- Beyoncé: $81 million
- J.K. Rowling: $92 million
- Kylie Jenner: $170 million
- Taylor Swift: $185 million
Feel like a broke ***** yet?