Here’s Why You’ll Hear Jessie J Imitating The Little MermaidAugust 15, 2015
Get ready to relive your childhood.
Disney released international versions of the LP in recent years.
Speaking of Disney partnerships … legendary animated icon/give no f*cks hoarder Ariel AKA our favorite little mermaid will undergo a makeover in October when Jessie J takes a stab at her classic, “Part Of Your World.” Why the heck is Jessie J not taking that much needed break after her mystery surgery, you ask? Well, her cover is part of an upcoming Disney covers compilation, courtesy of a bunch of Top 40 acts.
Titled We Love Disney, the 15-track collection, will also see Ariana Grande tackle “Zero to Hero” from Hercules, Jason Derulo cover “Can You Feel the Love Tonight / Nant’s Ingonyama” from The Lion King and Tori Kelly put her magic to work on “Colors of the Wind” from Pocohontas. Lead promo single for the LP, which drops on October 30, starts with Ne-Yo’s version of 1992 classic “Friend Like Me” from Aladdin, and can be heard below. Pre-orders for We Love Disney are currently available now.
1. Friend Like Me (From Aladdin) – Ne-Yo
2. Part of Your World (From The Little Mermaid) – Jessie J
3. Can You Feel the Love Tonight / Nants’ Ingonyama (From The Lion King) – Jason Derulo
4. The Rainbow Connection (From The Muppet Movie) – Gwen Stefani
5. Zero to Hero (From Hercules) – Ariana Grande
6. In a World of My Own / Very Good Advice (From Alice in Wonderland) – Jhené Aiko
7. I Wan’na Be Like You (The Monkey Song) (From The Jungle Book) – Fall Out Boy
8. Colors of the Wind (From Pocahontas) – Tori Kelly
9. Spoonful of Sugar (From Mary Poppins) – Kacey Musgraves
10. Ev’rybody Wants to Be a Cat (From The Aristocats) – Charles Perry
11. A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes (From Cinderella) – Jessie Ware
12. Let It Go (From Frozen) – Rascal Flatts & Lucy Hale
13. It’s a Small World – We Love Disney Artists
14. It’s Not Easy Being Green (From The Muppet Show) – Brenna Whitaker
15. A Whole New World (From Aladdin) – Yuna