Hey everyone,

since we're all obviously fans of Britney on here, I was just curious to know when and how long have you been a fan of hers?

For me, 

I've been a fan since I was 6 back in 2000.

I was on the Greyhound bus with my family on a trip to visit my dad's side of the family in Mexico, and while we were on there, for some reason the bus decided to play the Mcdonalds VHS tape that came out that year of Britney and NSYNC. And then the Oops video came on, and I was just SO mesmerized by her beauty, her dance moves and the visuals of the video, that I asked my mom "who's that?" and ever since then I've been a MAJOR stan! Literally almost all my life, I've loved her and STILL love her as much as I did when I was 6!

Now im wondering if alot of you have been fans since the beginning or are some of you new fans?

• Upvote 5

AOL Keyword: Britney

Took you straight to her site. Think I realized I was hella in to her during Live and More and the Disney concert (which I think was first). What's crazy is we didn't have internet at home, nor a computer, and I would access the net from my baby sitters house when I was 9! I have NO clue how I knew how to do all that. I was a fan through Circus. It's been downhill for me since. But there's something so special and captivating about her that even with nearly a decade of consistent disappointment, for some reason I'm still around. 

• Upvote 3

When I was 7 Toxic came out and it literally was everywhere. I fell in love with that song. I always watched top of the pops for Britney who performed Toxic. And I wanted to be like her so bad. I wasn’t her fan I was too young for being a fan. 

Then she got married and had her issues and I totally forgot about her. I became a Madonna’s stan when I was 10/11. Then Womanizer came out and Britney was EVERYWHERE again. I couldn’t handle her because she was on all radios, TVs,  magazines etc. when Circus song came out it was a massive success in Italy and My mind blew out when I watched the video bc she was stunning, charming but I was a Madonna’s stan and I couldn’t believe that I liked Britney more than Madonna. In 2009 I officially became a Britney’s stan. Today I still love Madonna obviously but Britney totally stole my heart. 

• Upvote 2

2013, after watching her spectacular desert performance :schoolingtime:

• Upvote 11

Just after oops I think. We would would always listen to her in the car. I always sang along lmao :imdying:

• Upvote 2

I always liked her as a wee gay little tot (dancing to her music in my room with a blanket tied around my body like a dress, oh, those were the days).. "Gimme More" was everything when I was 7 years old and so were all of her future releases ("Circus" and "FF") but I wasn't like a full blown stan by then (obviously).. then some time between "Britney Jean" and "Glory" I got a Spotify account and I started going through a lot of childhood faves' discographies and Britney was one of those said faves.. in the end she was the artist whose discography stuck the most and I ended up falling down a huge Britney hole of performances, interviews, videos, etc. :tehe:

• Upvote 2

I’ve always loved britney since oops era when I was 10  but I become a stand in the middle of gimme more and womanizer... crazy stand during the vma 2008 pre nominations, I voted for pom and gimme more like crazy... and when womanizer came out I got my official stand card :heresthetea: but I’ve always been a fan, a flop fan but a fan anyway then I got my mba in britney 

• Upvote 1

I was 12 and heard ...Baby one more time in the radio back in 1998. Asked my mom to buy me the single and bought the magazines that had her first interviews.

Never stopped being a fan ever since.

But the moment I became a true stan was when I first saw the video for Slave, it just went next level from there on.

• Upvote 4

From the start. I was 8 when I first saw the music video for BOMT. But it was actually Crazy that I liked the most at the time. 

Started to stan during the oops era (the vma 2000’s performance still got me like :thirsty:)

I think it became irreversible once the iconic like “it’s Britney bitch” had been uttered. 

I know being a fan is hard sometimes, but she’s still worth it to me. I love ha :makeitrain:

• Upvote 4

My story is very unusual:receipts2:

I was always aware of Britney, always known her like a big music star, celebrity etc but didn't get into her songs or anything (I never listened to pop music outside my country - Croatia) 

Then, in early 2013 I think, I was in the club with my friends and Womanizer started to play. I found it familiar, like I've heard it before, and I really liked it because it sounded very special, original, idk, but didn't know who the singer was so I asked my friend and she answered Britney. Later that night when I came home I searched for Womanizer on YT and watched the music video for the very first time - i was SHOOK:watrusayin: I fell in love with it immediately! 

For next few days I listened only to Womanizer because I'm that type of person that doesn't explore other artist's songs, rather just stays on that one song that he's sure it's good and he knows well. But very soon YT started to recommend other songs and I became very curious, and then I was even more shook - I released I knew much more her songs without knowing it was Britney singing them. Crazy, Oops, Lucky, Slave, Overprotected, Not a Girl - some of those songs I knew from the very first second!! (Fun fact - BOMT is one of songs I didn't actually found familiar...) 

And the rest is history;)

• Upvote 3

In January 2008. I remember watching TV at home alone. Then I switched to Viva (A Channel that shows music videos). Then Gimme More came on I was 6 at the time, so watching the video at my age was a but explicit at the time, but I loved the song. Later on the year My mum took me shopping and I was looking for games at HMV (back when it was popular) and I stumbled across the music aisles and a huge cardboard cutout of Britney's Circus photoshoot was there with Circus and I had £17 so I bought the album and Blackout. Then I got home and I realised that Britney will forever be in my heart. It was bliss to my 7 year old virgin ears lol. I was always afraid to play Get Naked. Britney is the reason my innocence was lost at such a young age and I ain't mad at her:woopsie:.

• Upvote 3

Always loved her music  but 2007 I got her greatest hits album from the shop and the next day she shaved her head and got hooked and intrigued and never stopped 

• Upvote 1

I love this thread:)

I was born in 2003, so I did not witness her peak. Also, I'm fom India, where western culture and music is not that popular. Someone gifted my sister an ipod once when i was 11 years old, which she loaded with Hindi songs. But there was one English song on that ipod that the person forgot to delete before he gave the ipod to my sister. Turns out that was Womanizer. I instantly fell in love with it although I could barely understand any lyrics since English wasn't my native. So once i got internet, i googled "Uhmanizah" :embarrassed: Somehow google led me to the video on YouTube. In the first 5 seconds i was horrified, a naked lady! I instantly closed it but that was the first time I heard of the name Britney Spears.:clap1:

Fast forward to 2016. I became more familiar with English music and pop culture. I remember being a fan of Rihanna and Katy. Through the course of time I had learned that Britney was a big pop star but I didn't know any of her songs other than Womanizer. I once heard Make Me on tv but I didn't bother to check it out. Then my cousin, who does not know Britney either, introduced me to this "hip cool new song" which was Slumber Party :slayney:. I went to YouTube to see this awesome song and video. Then YouTube recommendations led me to Perfume (which was my favourite song for a while :liberatedaf:) and then to Criminal.

I had given up on Britney and focused more on other singers. Then In 2018, I discovered about her 2007 breakdown through Wachmojo.com's 'Top 10 celebrities who had mental breakdowns' which intrigued me to know more about her and how she recovered. One thing led to another, I watched her performances, interviews and videos. I discovered how much of a big thing she was at her peak. I discovered her interests. I discovered her dancing. I discovered her songs. I discovered her life in the public's eye. I discovered her love for her kids.:nervousney: I felt inspired by 2007 and how she got back. I fekt inspired by how she became one of the biggest stars on the planet even with many controversies like lip syncing issue (i only found out about her real voice later which made me love her even more). I started following her on IG which was the cherry on top of the cake. I truly felt she had one of the most personal celeb accounts. I researched everything, literally everything, from Star Search to Mickey Mouse Club to Baby One More Time to In The Zone to Kevin to 2007 to Britney Jean up until POM tour.

I never intended to be a fan, let alone a stan. I was intrigued by her charm, everything about her. I realised that I loved watching Britney videos and i lost count of time. Something about her spoke to me. I started telling my friends about her, who didn't know her and isn't interested. I lurked on exhale for a while and took an account here when I realised it was finally time, April 2nd 2019. And it is not easy being a Britney fan when she is so much hated among other fan bases but deep down she is one of the most talented and humble people I have ever met.

When I look at her, I don't see this A list celebrity, I see just another human being who had a dream, someone the world doesn't deserve, someone the world took for granted. 

Britney Spears is not just my favourite singer, she's my idol, she's my light, she's my Brightest Morning Star.

• Upvote 7

9 hours ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

I was born in 2003, so I did not witness her peak. Also, I'm fom India, where western culture and music is not that popular. Someone gifted my sister an ipod once when i was 11 years old, which she loaded with Hindi songs. But there was one English song on that ipod that the person forgot to delete before he gave the ipod to my sister. Turns out that was Womanizer. I instantly fell in love with it although I could barely understand any lyrics since English wasn't my native. So once i got internet, i googled "Uhmanizah" :embarrassed: Somehow google led me to the video on YouTube. In the first 5 seconds i was horrified, a naked lady! I instantly closed it but that was the first time I heard of the name Britney Spears.:clap1:

Fast forward to 2016. I became more familiar with English music and pop culture. I remember being a fan of Rihanna and Katy. Through the course of time I had learned that Britney was a big pop star but I didn't know any of her songs other than Womanizer. I once heard Make Me on tv but I didn't bother to check it out. Then my cousin, who does not know Britney either, introduced me to this "hip cool new song" which was Slumber Party :slayney:. I went to YouTube to see this awesome song and video. Then YouTube recommendations led me to Perfume (which was my favourite song for a while :liberatedaf:) and then to Criminal.

I had given up on Britney and focused more on other singers. Then In 2018, I discovered about her 2007 breakdown through Wachmojo.com's 'Top 10 celebrities who had mental breakdowns' which intrigued me to know more about her and how she recovered. One thing led to another, I watched her performances, interviews and videos. I discovered how much of a big thing she was at her peak. I discovered her interests. I discovered her dancing. I discovered her songs. I discovered her life in the public's eye. I discovered her love for her kids.:nervousney: I felt inspired by 2007 and how she got back. I fekt inspired by how she became one of the biggest stars on the planet even with many controversies like lip syncing issue (i only found out about her real voice later which made me love her even more). I started following her on IG which was the cherry on top of the cake. I truly felt she had one of the most personal celeb accounts. I researched everything, literally everything, from Star Search to Mickey Mouse Club to Baby One More Time to In The Zone to Kevin to 2007 to Britney Jean up until POM tour.

I never intended to be a fan, let alone a stan. I was intrigued by her charm, everything about her. I realised that I loved watching Britney videos and i lost count of time. Something about her spoke to me. I started telling my friends about her, who didn't know her and isn't interested. I lurked on exhale for a while and took an account here when I realised it was finally time, April 2nd 2019. And it is not easy being a Britney fan when she is so much hated among other fan bases but deep down she is one of the most talented and humble people I have ever met.

When I look at her, I don't see this A list celebrity, I see just another human being who had a dream, someone the world doesn't deserve, someone the world took for granted. 

Britney Spears is not just my favourite singer, she's my idol, she's my light, she's my Brightest Morning Star.

oh wow that is so beautiful and touching! Im glad to also see younger fans of hers, it proves she's still charming and charismatic

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, ILikeChillinWithYou said:

Beautiful story:makeitrain:

• Upvote 3

I like her since ...Baby One More Time but I was only 7 years old so I was too young yet to be a stan, but I remember I loved Crazy as well and she appeared on an spanish TV show in 1999 so I was kinda of starting following her, but I became a stan since I saw I'm Slave 4 U on the TV, I fell in love instantly.

this is the TV show:

It was so random but she looked so cute and so young :gobaby:

• Upvote 4

I was 6 when BOMT took over the world, and I became a Britney fan. I had the cd, the Barbie doll with the single on repeat, along with other merch. I saw her live for the first time with my best friend when our moms took us to the NSYNC concert she opened for.

I grew up with Britney (although she was older so I didn’t understand the controversy). I watched MTV/TRL every day and voted for her videos. I made sure I was home on the nights her Making the Video episodes premiered (when everyone freaked out because she wore a pink thong on the outside of her jeans in the Slave video), or her other specials like Diary. I watched the VMAs every year to see Britney perform. The sequence nude suit from her Oops performance, the snake, the kiss, and even her Gimme More performance. I loved them all. I was able to watch them all live as they happened in pop culture.

I was in middle school during her rebellion stage. Myself going through changes and wanting to be more independent I went through it with her (obviously not to the same extent). Everyone was online. AIM and MySpace were in their prime. Coming home from school every day to see what she posted on her site, watching Chaotic on TV each week, THIS was what I enjoyed. When Blackout came out when I was in 8th grade, it just solidified my fandom even more. Everyone thought she wouldn’t be the same. To me she was even better! She was still the princess of pop, but she was real... she was an icon!

I contunied supporting Britney throughout the years. Buying every CD and perfume. My friends and I took a road trip to see her on the Femme Fatale tour in 2011. And again to Vegas in 2015 to see POM. I’m going back to Vegas in May and was supposed to see Domination then. 

I’m 26 now... When people ask me who’s my favorite artist I ALWAYS say Britney Spears. I get a lot of funny looks but it doesn’t bother me. A lot of people don’t know the truth about Britney. They see her as a has been who went crazy and never recovered. I could spend hours arguing that with music, photos, videos and documents, but I don’t. I know, and the rest of her fans know. She is a legend. She is my generation, my childhood, and my life. Britney’s story has the highest highs and the lowest lows. She is the strongest person I know. I’m truly proud to be a lifelong fan. :crying3:

• Upvote 3

I was at my cousins house and BOMT video came on tv and I said who is she? And my cousin said “It’s Britney, it comes on all the time.” My first reaction when I saw this 

tumblr_odale9Te5V1r608gvo1_400.gif

Me in my head “god those eyes are freakishly huge. And she looks a bit weird...” 

but the dance hall scene is what slayed me. So iconic, so simple, she looks gorgeous (I always think she looks better in pale or nude lip colors) Fan ever since :tiffanynod:

• Upvote 1

Omfg... you all are babies.   

Anyways I was not 6 years old when I first heard her nor do I remember exactly how. 

I'm assuming it was from her video on TRL.  I liked her from BOMT but mostly listened to q101 an alternative music station apart from BSB.    

Been a stan ever since the beginning.   

Thank you for making me feel super old lol

• Upvote 1

Sometimes video.

I liked BOMT but it didn’t win me over. 

Oops solidified me as a Stan. 

• Upvote 1

NYE 2001. I was getting ready to go out when this came on the TV  

I’m still amazed to this day

• Upvote 1

Since BOMT when I was 9 and I was waiting all day for BSB videos on MTV.I have a classmate who was also a stan.It was the best part of going to school looking of empty cans of pepsi on the street:ohi:, fighting for a magazine with her on the cover and stuff.

• Upvote 1

It was around January 1999. I was 9. BOMT wasn’t huge yet in my country Venezuela but I had a cousin who lived in the US who introduced me to Britney... Love at first sight. 

• Upvote 1