Yeah a Madonna thread !

anigif_enhanced-buzz-22703-1377195873-0.gif

So the song is descent... it's no masterpiece for sure, but can we blame her.
Madge has nothing to prove, and has a huge fan of hers I expect nothing from this album.

I just heard it on the radio and I hear it’s doing pretty well on radios here in Italy. It was also #1 on iTunes for a few days, now it’s #3

• Upvote 1

On 4/7/2019 at 4:42 PM, The Greatest Show said:

Its been a whle but off the top of my head these were the biggest issues:

• she released her album too late (it was finished a year earlier but she decided to make Burlesque instead of release)
  • she had bad luck in that Gaga came out with a similar sound before her and everyone acused her of copying her (Chrisitna said way back in 2007 that her next album would be futuristic)
  • Gossip sites like Perez turned on her and suddenly started calling her (Floptina, Copytina, Porktina, Fattinam,,,) and ridiculed everything she did and said that she was copying EVERYTHING. (even the most ridiculous stuff)
  • she didnt promote as much or well as she used to
  • she gave up on the album too fast
  • RCA ruined her original vision of the album and made her record more pop songs
  • She got divorced during the album release
  • she postponed her tour only 3 days after putting tickets online because they realized that she actually was obligated to promote Burlesque
  • She got fat and depressed and ended up not resceduling the tour and instead did 6 Seasons of The Noise
  • Her lead single was horrible and the entire album production make's 'Brenda Joan' sound like Stripped.

You forgot that one. :NYsassy:

• Upvote 1

I like Medellin. Sounds like a song I would hear in a movie and then try to find it on youtube. I'm not loving the processed sound of her voice and those "Aii yii aii" . I don't really like the "cha cha cha" and "slow down papi" bits either. It sounds stereotypical.... and kind of offensive even though I know  thats not Madonnas intent. :unbothered:

Still, I like the song overall.

• Upvote 2

On 4/19/2019 at 1:16 PM, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

omfg guys he wasn't lying :airpls:

I had insider information for the first time in my life :orangu::OMGney:

I would not say the song sounds "disco-ey" tho

what is she doing 

is she gonna be grinding and making out with maluma on stage

:cackling:

Am I the only one that hates this f**king song? I think I was expecting another “Hung Up”. I’m just not feeling it. Here’s hoping the rest of the album is better. 

I like the song, It's a grower. Been a huge Madonna fan since the age of 5 when she released Ray of Light and even though she's been releasing some meh-songs she's never been that bad. Maybe I'm bias now but whatever  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. It's far from her best song, but I enjoy it more than singles like Give Me All Ur Luvin'. It's a fun and cute song - I have faith in this album. The song in the preview from Instagram sounded amazing. 

I kinda love that its not in your face flashy. It's very smooth and gets better with every listen.