music

music Would BOMT be succesful if it came out nowadays?

On 12/14/2018 at 5:58 PM, Spearsfan said:

Writing credits I’ll give you even though ppl do know who are writers and who aren’t. 

Lipping...ppl are very much aware and what artist today could get away with it doing it full concert? No one...

This. The writing credits thing, I had reiterated to me yet again last night, people don't really care about at all. (I had a conversation with my friend about J.Lo. The verdict really is that no one cares that she stole songs, because they still like her.) But the playback thing is a huge issue, and can be as easily proven as any of us going to a Youtube video of Britney's and just looking through the comments for the inevitable lipsync comments that'll be there.

And while it WAS a thing in 1999, it wasn't as much as it seems to matter now. It was discussed, but everyone waved it off and if you're an older Britney fan, you know you used the excuse of, "But she dances hard, so who cares?" Nowadays, them doing SOME occasional playback is fine (award shows and bigger televised events, really), but if they did it one hundred percent the way Britney does, they wouldn't last. :yaknow:

• Upvote 3

On 12/15/2018 at 4:10 AM, 2K16NEY said:

BOMT would have a trap beat and feature Travis Scott if it came out today :xfactorlook:

Lol most likely true even though I can't imagine it having a trap beat with a rap feature xD

8 minutes ago, Ryan Godspeed said:

1. I will still love you ft. Dua Lipa

2. Soda Pop ft. Jay Z

send nudes

On 12/14/2018 at 8:36 AM, nonoiseplz said:

Would there had already been a Britney Spears in 1999 with a song like"Baby one more time"? :bthink:

Honestly, if Michal Jacksons "Bad" or "Thriller" were released and promoted today, it still be successful, even though that sound is no longer popular. In fact, I think it would sound better because the technology has advance so much better.

The same with "Baby One More Time".

In the case of Thriller, both MJ and the label didn’t really had much faith in that song, they both thought the song was corny and too campy but it was the music video and it was John Landis’s idea to make it a short film that made the song legendary and I feel it’s the same as BOMT, wasn’t that song kept being passed around until ultimately ended up with Britney? Both Thriller and BOMT don’t sound like immediate hits but it did so it’s hard to tell. Till this day people associate those songs with the videos and today’s videos suck so don’t know if it would have the same impact.