socialney

socialney Is Britney still a top pick for producers to give songs to?

I want to say a big YES, but I just have a feeling songwriters and producers would prefer to give their songs to more relevant artists. Of course, anyone would love Britney to record one of their songs, but at the end of the day it comes down to money and they probably know they can make more money from singers who actually give a damn to make the song a hit!

It's a shame Britney doesn't write more of her own music, she has an insane talent that the world needs to see more of!

What do you think?

• Upvote 3

Justin Tranter, one of the writers on Glory spoke highly of Britney’s talent in the studio. I think Britney is naturally very humble and modest, so there’s that. And with the industry downplaying her abilities all these years, I wonder if that’s taken a toll on her confidence too... It’s always been the easy default to simply write her off as talentless. Granted, Britney is no classically trained musician. Sure she’s never had any formal musical education. But two decades in the business, and she’s shown her writing capabilities before, I just think people underestimate her.:brityes:

• Upvote 3

Nope. I doubt she is in the Alist for songs anymore. Not since 2014. Why would they give music to someone who wont commit 100% to promoting?  This is first an foremost a business and its about rolling in them royalties and that wouldn't happen with Britney. But i think up and coming producers would definitely benefit from having her name attached to their work. But already established ones, who can pick and choose their artists... Not a chance

• Upvote 10

She’s still a producer’s dream. 

It’s just like if it were Janet, how can you not pass up the opportunity to say you worked with them. And on top of that she doesn’t steal credits and remains humble so that earns lots of street cred. Just like that songwriter wrote on her blog about singers taking writing credits and she even said that if she had a choice, she would hand her song to Britney because Britney doesn’t demand credits or takes credit when she contribute. Sometimes it’s not all about making money and success.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, puppylo16 said:

She’s still a producer’s dream. 

It’s just like if it were Janet, how can you not pass up the opportunity to say you worked with them.

The difference with Janet or even Madonna is that they're opened to promote the sh!t of the songs with tours, performances, and live events.

Janet just did so much promo for only one song and it's more than Britney has done in 10 years and the media loved her comeback.

With Britney, it's the total opposite because even if she's gonna promote the songs, the bad press would destroy her (lipsync, bad costumes, lack of passion).

As a producer (not as a fan) which one you choose? :xfactorlook:

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, AndyFoster said:
5 hours ago, Khoazie said:

And with the industry downplaying her abilities all these years, I wonder if that’s taken a toll on her confidence too... It’s always been the easy default to simply write her off as talentless. Granted, Britney is no classically trained musician. Sure she’s never had any formal musical education. But two decades in the business, and she’s shown her writing capabilities before, I just think people underestimate her.:brityes:

It's a shame Britney doesn't write more of her own music,  

I don't think the years of the industry downplaying her abilities has taken a toll on songwriting at all; she could pretty easily produce a personal album if she wanted.

'She describes to me a song she wrote last summer, “about artistic expression and the masquerade of people acting and putting on shows,” she says. “Through that, you create your own world. The song talks about how other people are coming into this girl’s world, but she didn’t invite them in. So she’s saying, ‘Why are you here, if I didn’t invite you?’ It’s complicated, but you can tell it’s me who wrote it, because it’s in my voice, and there’s a difference.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/britney-spears-returns-254594/

But as other posters have pointed out, she definitely cannot be relevant in this era.  Her style of performing and overall aesthetic is outdated in the current era.  Streaming and all that also doesn't help.  But maybe Britney doesn't want to be relevant either.

• Upvote 2

I think if Britney is interested in a song by a certain pruducer they will probably be very happy. If Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift or whoever else is popular these days in interested in the same song, im sure they would give it to them over Britney.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

I don't think the years of the industry downplaying her abilities has taken a toll on songwriting at all; she could pretty easily produce a personal album if she wanted.

'She describes to me a song she wrote last summer, “about artistic expression and the masquerade of people acting and putting on shows,” she says. “Through that, you create your own world. The song talks about how other people are coming into this girl’s world, but she didn’t invite them in. So she’s saying, ‘Why are you here, if I didn’t invite you?’ It’s complicated, but you can tell it’s me who wrote it, because it’s in my voice, and there’s a difference.”

But as other posters have pointed out, she definitely cannot be relevant in this era.  Her style of performing and overall aesthetic is outdated in the current era.  Streaming and all that also doesn't help.  But maybe Britney doesn't want to be relevant either.

I never read  that article before that's sad how her life shifted

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

Wow, reading this and reading her passion for her music really breaks my heart. What a contrast 10 years makes

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

And Make Me went #1 on iTunes and kept seeing increases  and debut at #17 on the hot100 but you say she's outdated.

4 minutes ago, KennyBoy said:

Wow, reading this and reading her passion for her music really breaks my heart. What a contrast 10 years makes

Life, sometimes it bes like that...

but I think there’s totally a huge market for Brit still. When she’s ready, the people will be here for it!

They ultimately earn the same with her or with others, I guess the only difference is that they are mentioned as "Someone's writer" when working with someone else, I think an artist like Britney, Beyoncé, or people who are not necessarily chart toppers but still hold an A-list status like them, they will always be producers' firsts options. Just an opinion. :yaknow:

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Goku said:

The difference with Janet or even Madonna is that they're opened to promote the sh!t of the songs with tours, performances, and live events.

Janet just did so much promo for only one song and it's more than Britney has done in 10 years and the media loved her comeback.

With Britney, it's the total opposite because even if she's gonna promote the songs, the bad press would destroy her (lipsync, bad costumes, lack of passion).

As a producer (not as a fan) which one you choose? :xfactorlook:

So you deleted everything I said and twisted my words to be about something else. Sometimes it’s not always about the money and Janet hasn’t had a hit in years even if she promoted so how is she different? I said that some producers would accept the opportunity to be able to work with a legend. 

And you completely glazed over my story of the ff songwriter saying she would hand her song over to Britney any day because Britney doesn’t demand credit. 

• Upvote 1

I don't think so, she doesn't promote her music properly and only releases two singles nowadays. 

Its very simple, IF and WHEN Britney gives the impression that she cares about MAKING a hit (Promo, great video, award shows, radio play, etc....), then there is no double that any producer would kill to have her, like it was in the past. I wouldn't say shes irrelevant though, just not as hungry or passionate as she was before.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Koda100 said:

Its very simple, IF and WHEN Britney gives the impression that she cares about MAKING a hit (Promo, great video, award shows, radio play, etc....), then there is no double that any producer would kill to have her, like it was in the past. I wouldn't say shes irrelevant though, just not as hungry or passionate as she was before.

Yup. The thing is, because of her major legacy now, having your work associated with such a well known name is still very much a draw, even if she were to not put forth the effort to promote. 

• Upvote 1

Listen. When Pepsi released their 125 year anniversary editions of their cans, it was Ray Charles, Michael Jackson, and Britney Spears. Let that sink in...

• Upvote 2

Sia said in an interview that with "Diamonds" she bought a house, with "Perfume" she bought the curtains