breatheheavy

#AnittaIsOverParty: The Internet (And LGBTQ Community) Just Turned On Brazilian Pop Star Anitta

Anitta's political views is problematic for her millions of LGBTQ fans.

The Brazilian pop princess is under fire today for following an account on Instagram dedicated to the country's presidential frontrunner, Jair Bolsonaro.

Bolsonaro is unapologetically homophobic, racist and misogynistic. According to Time, in 2014, Bolsonaro told a Congresswoman, “I wouldn’t rape you because you do not deserve it.” He's also a Trump supporter.

[adinserter block="2"]

Anitta, a woman, has a huge following of fans in the LGBTQ community, so her support of Bolsonaro is extremely disturbing and upsetting.

At the time of posting, the hashtag #AnittaIsOverParty was trending worldwide on Twitter.

Anitta has reportedly said she is allowed her own political opinion (true) and that she will not speak publicly about it. Looks like the Bolsonaro follow speaks volumes.

So why is"pro-trump" used as a negative?  He is YOUR president :airpls:

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, jordeezy said:

4 minutes ago, xtina1990 said:

She has the right to have her own way of thinking despite of what her fans are or want her to be. :overitkbye:

This is irrelevant. :joanne:

6 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

her response couldn't have been more perfect.. people need to learn to seperate the artist from their political views.. :mj:

And people have the right to criticise her political views, especially if it means supporting a guy who once said "I wouldn’t rape you because you do not deserve it."

:juggingu:

• Upvote 3

Be open minded! :well:  Listen to different opinions! :well: Maybe if you listen they will teach you something valuable! :well:

UNLESS THAT OPINION GOES AGAINST WHAT I SAY IN WHICH CASE YOU ARE WRONG AND SHOULD BE SHUNNED!

The tolerant left showing us how tolerant they are once again. :well:

• Upvote 3

Whoever she is, she could’ve just said “it’s just an IG follow, I support Queer people” etc. but her response, speaks volumes. Bye! :mcwave:

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, jordeezy said:

:crying2:

On 9/20/2018 at 9:26 PM, Khoazie said:

:crying2:

Don't cry, in my country is Angela Merkel who voted no for gaymarriage (but thx god she was the minority) :mattafact:

Back to the topic: But i find it really tacky, because let's be honest, i'm pretty sure the gays are a huge force and a big reason why she has a career to begin with. Many popstars don't seem to understand that.

they want the money from the LGBTQ-community members but don't want to support our rights? Sorry, that's not how it works.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Alexanda said:

Don't cry, in my country is Angela Merkel who voted no for gaymarriage (but thx god she was the minority) :mattafact:

Back to the topic: But i find it really tacky, because let's be honest, i'm pretty sure the gays are a huge force and a big reason why she has a career to begin with. Many popstars don't seem to understand that.

they want the money from the LGBTQ-community members but don't want to support our rights? Sorry, that's not how it works.

This! LGBTQ people are a major consumer of pop culture, ESPECIALLY fierce pop divas. Queer fans are some of the most loyal Stan’s. When we stan we stan for life, henney! Hello, look at Exhale lol. :whatitellu:

• Upvote 1

that's horrible :omg:

i wish people don't forget about this :omg: