news

news Cardi B, Billboard Queen, Reportedly Wants To Perform Solo During Maroon 5's Super Bowl Halftime Show

Can you imagine "Bodak Yellow" at the Super Bowl?

[adinserter block="3"]

UPDATE // SEPTEMBER 24:

It could happen. 

Cardi reportedly wants to perform some of her own songs sans Maroon 5 during their Super Bowl Halftime Show.

It's worth mentioning her collab with the band, "Girls Like You," just hit No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 – giving the rapper her third No. 1 hit. That makes Cardi the first and only female rapper in history to score three No. 1 singles on the Hot 100.

TMZ says she's "getting a lot of offers to perform in early February ... so she's trying to make the best deal possible."

I'm here for this, but I'm assuming it won't happen. There's only 12 minutes, and Adam Levine has a lot of famous friends.

[adinserter block="2"]

UPDATE // SEPTEMBER 20: 

I was low-key joking when I said Cardi B would join Maroon 5 at the Super Bowl, but according to Billboard, she will likely make an appearance (as will Travis Scott). This should be interesting...

EARLIER // SEPTEMBER 19:

Maroon 5 "pretty much accepted" performing at the Super Bowl LIII Halftime.

Us Magazine broke the news. They were the first outlet to report that Lady Gaga would perform in 2016, and months later it was confirmed.

“The offer has been extended and they’ve pretty much accepted,” a source tells the mag.

In 2015, frontman Adam Levine told Howard Stern “We very actively want to play the Super Bowl.”

And here we are.

[adinserter block="4"]

On paper, Maroon 5 are a great choice. They have a ton of recognizable songs, features for days and are veteran performers. It's just, you know... underwhelming.

Get ready for that Cardi B surprise appearance though! And justice for Britney.

Thoughts on Maroon 5 performing at the Super Bowl? Leave a comment below!

And while you're at it... follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

• Upvote 1

At this point, I doubt Brit will ever perform! 2016 should’ve been THE year and her label missed the chance...

thats it tbh 

• Upvote 17

Although I'm mad at it being Maroon 5, I'm glad it's not Britney she is simply not ready to do a show like that. homegirl definitely needs to find herself again as a performer   :xfactorlook:

• Upvote 37

Adam Levine is seriously such a hottie and one of the hottest guys in music but they're so garbage these days.. I mean seriously.. Maroon 5 used to be so good, now they're just a cringeworthy shadow of what they used to be.. :notreally:

• Upvote 12

2 minutes ago, Rickey3089 said:

Although I'm mad at it being Maroon 5, I'm glad it's not Britney she is simply not ready to do a show like that. homegirl definitely needs to find herself again as a performer   :xfactorlook:

This. I don’t get all this push for Britney to do halftime. People were freakin out over the suggestion of Britney doing Rupaul (a taped show). Halftime is LIVE, in front of the world. And with the bar set so high from the previous acts, this isn’t just a casual affair. Super bowl halftime shows are not a time to be mediocre, especially for pop acts. And unfortunately with Britney’s tarnished public image as a performer, if she did halftime she would have no choice but to bring 150%. Because I’d hate for Britney to be roasted by the GP!

• Upvote 15

7 minutes ago, Khoazie said:

This. I don’t get all this push for Britney to do halftime. People were freakin out over the suggestion of Britney doing Rupaul (a taped show). Halftime is LIVE, in front of the world. And with the bar set so high from the previous acts, this isn’t just a casual affair. Super bowl halftime shows are not a time to be mediocre, especially for pop acts. And unfortunately with Britney’s tarnished public image as a performer, if she did halftime she would have no choice but to bring 150%. Because I’d hate for Britney to be roasted by the GP!

When people go and do shows like Justin Timberlake's or Lady Gaga's, I really don't understand what's to be afraid about Britney doing a POM kind of show for the Halftime.

And if she's roasted, what's with that? It's not like it hasn't happened before (2007). If it's good or it's bad, there will always be people criticizing and either way, it's gonna be a boost for her sales and whatever she drops after the super bowl, which is something a lot of people always care about in here.

I do agree with others that if she hasn't done it at this point, I really doubt it's ever gonna happen, but I don't agree with her not being capable of delivering a decent show. Even if she just sat down on a chair while her songs were playing from the album, that would be enough because her catalog of hits is that strong (IF they chose the right songs)

• Upvote 14
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

When people go and do shows like Justin Timberlake's or Lady Gaga's, I really don't understand what's to be afraid about Britney doing a POM kind of show for the Halftime.

And if she's roasted, what's with that? It's not like it hasn't happened before (2007). If it's good or it's bad, there will always be people criticizing and either way, it's gonna be a boost for her sales and whatever she drops after the super bowl, which is something a lot of people always care about in here.

I do agree with others that if she hasn't done it at this point, I really doubt it's ever gonna happen, but I don't agree with her not being capable of delivering a decent show. Even if she just sat down on a chair while her songs were playing from the album, that would be enough because her catalog of hits is that strong (IF they chose the right songs)

The difference is those two artist rehearse to make sure everything is on point! Britney doesn't care anymore, maybe if she did do the superbowl she would rehearse like old times but god no pom routines if soo keep it

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I mean, you’re right in that she has the perfect discography for it. And obviously, whatever she does I’ll stan. It’s Britney bitch! :) 

I just want her to show the GP up :yesplease: remind them why she’s such an icon to be begin with.

• Upvote 5

Just now, Rickey3089 said:

The difference is those two artist rehearse to make sure everything is on point! Britney doesn't care anymore, maybe if she did do the superbowl she would rehearse like old times but god no pom routines if soo keep it

This! Lady Gaga like rented out a compound in Texas for the six months leading up to her halftime. And she practiced like an Olympian!

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Toxic.Latin said:

f**k THIS sh!t.

ITS BRITNEY 20 ANNIVERSARY ... FML! WHAT IS TEAM BRITNEY DOING? 

6fa5iyjj7mYgg.gif

Ge5wvqd1hXYnC.gif

11Eu2B6oINCABq.gif

• Upvote 2

First Justin Timberlake, now this? What is this? Super Boring Halftime ShitShow? :girlwhat:

• Upvote 10

8 minutes ago, Khoazie said:

This! Lady Gaga like rented out a compound in Texas for the six months leading up to her halftime. And she practiced like an Olympian!

And yet it was very boring for my taste, and what I would've expected from Lady Gaga. It wasn't bad, just very grey and plain compared to other performances she's done before in minor events, like awards shows and stuff. As much as I dislike Katy Perry I think even her took more advantage of this event to have a bigger production.

And what about Justin Timberlake? :nicki2: I mean, that was the most boring thing ever. Or what about Coldplay? Does anyone even remember they performed during Beyoncé and Bruno Mars's second Halftime Show? :beynah:

I understand we want Britney to do her best whenever she exposes herself to the public, but that attitude many people in here have had throughout the years of "I'd prefer she doesn't perform at all rather than delivering an ok show because I don't want to be embarrassed by my family and friends that know I'm her fan" it's like the opposite of what a fan should say about their idol.

I mean, we've gone through so many bad things, 2007, FF, Wigney, Ponytail tour, that we should be immune already to that kind of fear.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

her team should have been working over time to secure this. i think they're pretty complacent since vegas launched.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Toxic.Latin said:

f**k THIS sh!t.

ITS BRITNEY 20 ANNIVERSARY ... FML! WHAT IS TEAM BRITNEY DOING? 

6fa5iyjj7mYgg.gif

Ge5wvqd1hXYnC.gif

11Eu2B6oINCABq.gif

I guess we (fans) are the only ones making her 20th anniversary a big deal:notreally: it’s pretty obvious we’re not getting anything exciting in the near future :whatitellu:

• Upvote 2

Eh, I liked them more when they were a rock band, not the pop stuff they do now. Songs About Jane was a great album.

• Upvote 2

Britney at the SB?

How embarrassing would that be? She would be making headlines for all the wrong reasons, and it would literally kill her already dead career. It would be 2007 VMAs all over again. So, please stop them delusions. 

No bueno. 

:heresthetea:

• Upvote 14

I like Maroon 5 but like Coldplay, they are not super bowl material! Super bowl is much better with artists who put on a big show like MJ, Madonna, Beyonce, Gaga, Katy Perry etc. in my opinion. 

I think Pink should do the super bowl! She would be amazing :wigsnatched:

I mean she's not that bad, all she needs to do is rehearse and get into it, that's the real problem :badgirl: I want to believe it's just you and me that, if she indeed got the Superbowl, her team knows how big this actually is and would put some effort into it or so I hope :byebye:

Pre-recorded vocals, no ponytail, a f**king choreographer and boom :evilpatrick:

• Upvote 7