Jump to content
exhale

exhale Here's Why Britney Needs To Be A Special Guest On 'RuPaul's Drag Race'

Recommended Posts

mgid:ao:image:logotv.com:647601?quality=0.8&format=jpg&width=980&height=551

Britney as a Guest on Rupaul's Drag Race is long overdue.  She's always been an icon to the queer community, and with her getting the GLAAD's Vanguard 2018 recently, it just makes so much sense.  Britney has spawned a legion of drag queens from all over the world.  LGBT people grew up listening to her music. 

 

latest?cb=20180515165351

 

charlie-hides-gif.gif?w=1100

 

A whole episode should be dedicated to all things Britney, and it would be spectacular.  

  • What would this episode look like?
  • How would our queen look, what would she wear?
  • Mini challenge ideas?
  • Maxi Challenge ideas? 
  • Obviously, a whole runway would be dedicated to Queen Britney. Night of a thousand Britneys?? :OMGney:  What LOOKS would y'all like to see on that runway? 
  • And what would the Lip Sync for Your Life look like, and what song??  (We'll pretend Honey Mahogany vs. Vivienne Pinay and Charlie Hides vs Trinity Taylor's LSFYL didn't happen)  

tumblr_m4elp3IGwA1qgb5p1o1_r1_250.gif

What would your ideal RPDR Episode tribute to Britney look like? Go IN, henney!  ;)

 

* this is meant to be a fun hypothetical exercise. Let’s Relax with the comments about awkwardney or RPDR’s shortcomings. Positive vibes—it’s drag. Lighten up! :)

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, no. Too many drag queens trying to impersonate Britney and it's horrible. I like Derrick Barry though, he's the only good Britney impersonator.

  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

18 hours ago, rck92 said:

Yeah, no. Too many drag queens trying to impersonate Britney and it's horrible. I like Derrick Barry though, he's the only good Britney impersonator.

Tatiana is good.  Her snatch game of Britney was great! Derrick Barry gets the look down pat.  And she's a great Britney performer!  I've always liked DB, but on season 8...

I mean, I'm not thinking for it to be about impersonating Britney per se, but more like a tribute.  It could be interpetive, like when Nina Bonina Brown did her own interpretation of that Gaga look with the red face lace mask thing.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God no. I love the idea but the execution would be

 

'you look really like a woman sweetie!! well done really cool'

and then she leaves before they lip sync for their lifes 

  • Upvote 23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Khoazie said:

 

Derrick Barry gets the look down pat.  And she's a great Britney performer!  I've always liked DB, but on season 8...

I mean, I'm not thinking for it to about impersonating Britney per se, but more like a tribute.  It could be interpetive, like when Nina Bonina Brown did her own interpretation of that Gaga look with the red face lace mask thing.

In all honesty, no. They would mess it up like they did with that Madonna tribute. The show is a mess and overrated. Sorry, not sorry. :ugh:

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rck92 said:

In all honesty, no. They would mess it up like they did with that Madonna tribute. The show is a mess and overrated. Sorry, not sorry. :ugh:

Ugh it has gone downhill...especially since VH1 :britstare11:

 

I guess, maybe I should phrase it better?  What would the ideal Britney episode look like?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just cant see that going down well and itwould probably do more harm than good :decisions:

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Gl00ve1 said:

God no. I love the idea but the execution would be

 

'you look really like a woman sweetie!! well done really cool'

and then she leaves before they lip sync for their lifes 

90919b0b54f803fc318f38321b1befd4.jpg

  • Upvote 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Khoazie said:

Ugh it has gone downhill...especially since VH1 :britstare11:

 

I guess, maybe I should phrase it better?  What would the ideal Britney episode look like?

I do like Bianca Del Rio though, she is funny as hell. But the ideal episode doesn't exist, cause they couldn't execute it well enough. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rck92 said:

I do like Bianca Del Rio though, she is funny as hell. But the ideal episode doesn't exist, cause they couldn't execute it well enough. 

Say they could though.  Hypothetically?  :schoolingtime:

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Khoazie said:

Say they could though.  Hypothetically?  :schoolingtime:

Mini challenge: Recreate a iconic Britney photoshoot

Maxi challenge: Create a sequel to Crossroads :jj:

Runway: Iconic Britney outfits (everyone has to be different, not like the kimonos from Madonna episode)

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, so-- as for it being awkward, I mean, on some level... Unless they do what they do with Rupaul himself, and give her an earpiece to feed her lines.

But if you expect her to sit there and deal with queens impersonating her, or even judging a challenge based around her stuff, and watching a lipsync battle with one of her songs, yeah, all you will get is her total awkwardness. We are all well aware of how embarrassed Britney gets when her past achievements are brought up, and-- if they try to do what they did with Gaga and Xtina where they meet the queens, that'll be awkward as HELL, because we also know how awkward Britney gets when people fawn over her. And that's ALL the queens will do, aside from whichever one is extra like Eureka and tries to go on and on about how inspired they are by her.

Plus, RPDR is just... can it be done yet?

  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rck92 said:

Mini challenge: Recreate a iconic Britney photoshoot

Maxi challenge: Create a sequel to Crossroads :jj:

Runway: Iconic Britney outfits (everyone has to be different, not like the kimonos from Madonna episode)

Haha Crossroads was actually what I had in mind to begin with!  Watching it now years later, it's actually pretty mature.  The material would be ripe for a RPDR parody.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

X Factor has taught us enough. But then, in RPDR, every line is written for RuPaul anyway.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Khoazie said:

Haha Crossroads was actually what I had in mind to begin with!  Watching it now years later, it's actually pretty mature.  The material would be ripe for a RPDR parody.  

I love Crossroads but it's a perfect parody yes. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rck92 said:

I love Crossroads but it's a perfect parody yes. 

Crossroads is a masterpiece, obviously.  But seriously, a drag parody remake if done properly, could be amazing! :demi:

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So clearly, Brit would have an ear piece so she can have lines fed.  The episode would have to be structured in a way so that not too much free screen time is given to make her look awkward. Figure out a format to present her in the best light. 

The Maxi sequel of Crossroads-- Lucy, Kit, and Mimi out of high school.  What age?  College?  30's?  

Mini- recreate Britney's first Lachapelle shoot with Rolling Stone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lmao n0 no n0 no n0 no n0. terrible idea. britney on a drag queen show? britney who has a tendency to look like a drag with her messssssyyyy makeup often times? I already can imagine the memes if she goes there LMFAO :cackling:
even with an ear piece it will be a mess. she is just too awkward. the host is wearing an ear piece too. what's gonna be? a show with drags and britney not knowing how to speak and need ear pieces? sounds like a circus already :cackling:
just no. big no. big big fat drag no. if u don't want britney to be ridiculed then forget this show :cackling:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am all about this idea. I would live for it!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

everyones being so negative! I feel like if she was able to familiarize herself with the show, and was feeling it and feeling the vibe and chemistry with the other hosts and contestants it could be a great fit. 

The runways would be great - I think she would enjoy seeing their interpretations and artistry of some of her outfits, looks, videos, performances she's done and Ru Paul's banter about how he ACTUALLY appreciates what she brought to the culture and the influence she's had. I don't know - I find Ru Paul's energy, honesty and genuine enthusiasm would put her at ease and be refreshing. 

The lip sync song would have to be something unexpected like breathe on me, private show or what you need. Preferably something new (or as new as possible).

I wish this has happened already. its a crime that it hasn't. oh well. 

Also - maxi challenge.....film a new fantasy perfume commercial.....

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No after Xtina went on it, it's all downhill from there

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MX3 said:

everyones being so negative! I feel like if she was able to familiarize herself with the show, and was feeling it and feeling the vibe and chemistry with the other hosts and contestants it could be a great fit. 

The runways would be great - I think she would enjoy seeing their interpretations and artistry of some of her outfits, looks, videos, performances she's done and Ru Paul's banter about how he ACTUALLY appreciates what she brought to the culture and the influence she's had. I don't know - I find Ru Paul's energy, honesty and genuine enthusiasm would put her at ease and be refreshing. 

The lip sync song would have to be something unexpected like breathe on me, private show or what you need. Preferably something new (or as new as possible).

I wish this has happened already. its a crime that it hasn't. oh well. 

 

I think so too.  It's just a hypothetical.  Realistic or possible?  Who knows.  Assuming RPDR is in good form, and Britney is in a good place, Iet's just imagine.  Like, if you could have it your way, how would you like to see it?  

Breathe on ME!  Ok I can get with a sexy sensual LSFYL.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×