news

news The VMAs Ratings Are In And They're Not Good

Tragic.

"Monday's show drew 2.25 million viewers and a 1.1 rating among adults 18-49. Across eight Viacom-owned channels, it drew 4.87 million viewers and a 2.2 in the demo; both sets of numbers fall short of the 2017 VMAs, which set the previous low."

I will say this is the first VMA's I chose to stop watching voluntarily less than halfway through the telecast. I actually stopped watching after the second commercial break. I started to feel sorry for the show and it's participants. I rewatched the first and second episodes of Insecure season 3 instead.:schoolingtime: 

There aren't really any current singers who know how to put on iconic performances and most are so generic and bland no one cares to tune in.

• Upvote 13

they needed k-POP or something..

IM STILL SHOCKED THAT YOUTUBE STILL HAS NOT AN AWARD SHOW!! (i think they tried and fail some years ago)

YOUTUBE IS THE NEW MTV IN MUSICAL TERMS!

There weren't any real stars during the award lol. And JLo didn't deserve the vanguard so they deserve this low rating. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

No Britney, No Gaga, No Beyonce, No Rihanna.... No VMAS

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, really really cool guy said:

That happens when someone like Camila wins video and artist of the year :lessons:

Agreed. I was sooo surprised. Like okay maybe song of the year cuz Havana be everywhere but artist?! Camila is such a basic disney channel bitch that I just couldn't. She has potential but she hasn't lived enough (or worked with the right people) to give you more depth in music. It literally felt like 2009 Taylor Swift was winning these. Basic Bitch club.

• Upvote 7

VMA’s aren’t iconic anymore, all of those performances will be forgotten in a year. Gone or the days when the VMA’s were something to look forward to because you knew they’d put on a real show.

• Upvote 3

Well, considering they held the awards on a Monday night, I think they were well aware beforehand that no one would bother to watch this year. I’m frankly surprised they keep them going at all, seems like they’re probably just losing money. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, KingSlay said:

all of those performances will be forgotten in a year.

I think a year is very optimistic. :uknowit:

I mean, the only performance I watched was JLO’s medley, since everyone said it was the highlight of the night. And while it was a very good, solid performance, it definitely wasn’t iconic or memorable. 

Sad state of affairs for the music industry. 

• Upvote 2

Wait a minute, MTV (Music TeleVision), a channel that no longer broadcast music videos or music related shows, gives VMAs (Video Music Awards) to the (instagram famous and radio popular) artists that decide to attend the show based on everything but the quality of said artists' MUSIC VIDEOS while some of them perform in a rather forgettable/repetitive way?

tenor.gif?itemid=9368982

• Upvote 7

14 minutes ago, Cyclops said:

Wait a minute, MTV (Music TeleVision), a channel that no longer broadcast music videos or music related shows, gives VMAs (Video Music Awards) to the (instagram famous and radio popular) artists that decide to attend the show based on everything but the quality of said artists' MUSIC VIDEOS while some of them perform in a rather forgettable/repetitive way?

tenor.gif?itemid=9368982

HAPPY TV ARE U KIDDING ME WERE ARE YOU FROM ! AHAHAAH

Camila Basic Cabelo winning video of the years was the cherry from the cake. Like omfggggggggggg. Baby, Toxic, Stronger, Slave are shook. Even Madonna laughed at that. Even Camila herself laughed at her winning award of the night. :beylaugh:

• Upvote 2

Britney & Madonna for 2019. They've already kissed so maybe next year they can rub their pussies together or something? 

• Upvote 3

I started watching the MTV Video Music Awards in 2008. I watched every year live until 2012. I watched it after i came back from work. I watched 2013 to 2016 live at least until Britney performed then i turned it off. I didn't watch 2017 live, but i watched the rerun half way. I was disappointed every year since 2011, and it got worse and worse. I did not watch 2018 show at all. It was garbage from the nominees to the performers.

I basically call the VMAs the BET Video Awards bc nearly every single artist is a hip-hop artist or has an association with hip hop. 2011 would have been my favorite if Britney performed songs like the other Vanguard winners. So my favorite show was in 2008 when Britney got her pity awards. Come on y'all... they were pity awards. But I'm happy she won them. I just hope MTV gets their act together and fixes their screw ups b4 the VMAs will be extinct!

• Upvote 1

The VMAs could only be safed if Gaga. Britney. Madonna are performing. Get those on that stage and numbers will sky rocket!

• Upvote 2

Well duh. Hardly anyone who matters was there. Also everything is so boring and cold these days. I feel sorry for millenials. 

Does anyone btw know if I can watch 90’s, early 00’s VMA’a anywhere!?

• Upvote 1

Well, we need another big popstar like Lady Gaga who knows how to dominate the chartworld.

2016 / 2017 / 2018 are not the biggest years for popmusic, they dominated 10 years ago tho.

I mean which exciting acts do we have? Ariana Grande and...?

Most big popstars today are lazy.