news

news Cardi B Is Opening The VMAs, But There's A Catch

But why.  This is the VIDEO music awards.  I can bop to her tracks but her only good video is a Bruno Mars vid...

I hate how this award show turned into glorifying what went wrong with Radio.  They honor artistry and creativity with the Video Vanguard award and that’s basically it now.  Nominations used to be based on creative, unique and groundbreaking videos, and it now has morphed into what songs blew up the charts.  Maybe that’s why your viewership is a** for this event now, MTV.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

dont know.. maybe she does something fun...

hope she is fully recovered from giving birth:tehe:

• Upvote 1

On 8/15/2018 at 3:24 PM, Barajas said:

dont know.. maybe she does something fun...

hope she is fully recovered from giving birth

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Zeik89 said:

I know. Ain’t nobody need a dangling, torn-up crotch flapping all over the stage.

That's why U are not invited :queenflopga:

I don't know if I can handle her there, it will be interesting for sure. :ehidk:

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, IRunAway said:

But why.  This is the VIDEO music awards.  I can bop to her tracks but her only good video is a Bruno Mars vid...

I hate how this award show turned into glorifying what went wrong with Radio.  They honor artistry and creativity with the Video Vanguard award and that’s basically it now.  Nominations used to be based on creative, unique and groundbreaking videos, and it now has morphed into what songs blew up the charts.  Maybe that’s why your viewership is a** for this event now, MTV.

So by your standards Britney shouldn't have been allowed to perform at the VMAs with her last album? Make Me was the only music video released at the time of the performance and it was a terrible video. The only good video from it was Slumber Party which came after the 2016 VMAs. I personally thought both Bodak Yellow and I Like It were both entertaining and good videos. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Knox said:

So by your standards Britney shouldn't have been allowed to perform at the VMAs with her last album?

He meant, specifically, the Vanguard Video award, which used to be given to legends only and now anyone with the most basic videography (hi Justin, JLO) gets it. And I agree 100%.

• Upvote 1

No one will be watching anyway so does it really matter? Most people just watch the highlight clips the next day and skip the show and the telecast. The VMA's are the definition of irrelevance. :slowdown:

• Upvote 4

I didn't even know the VMA's were in a few days. Terrible promo. Not that I care....

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Knox said:

So by your standards Britney shouldn't have been allowed to perform at the VMAs with her last album? Make Me was the only music video released at the time of the performance and it was a terrible video. The only good video from it was Slumber Party which came after the 2016 VMAs. I personally thought both Bodak Yellow and I Like It were both entertaining and good videos. 

Artistry is what you’ve done in your career. People who have contributed as much as Britney has to the industry should always have an invitation to appear at that show- just like michael and Madonna have even when they have no album to promote.  I Like It is not a good video at ALL.  It’s same old and the song is what makes you sit through it.  It’s like the poor man’s “Pound the Alarm” 

Bodak I can appreciate for what it is- a video shot without support of a major label, but No - it doesn’t deserve a VMA nomination - it doesn’t even compete with videos shot 15 years ago.  2003 videos are literally significantly better.  Regardless, Make Me didn’t receive a VMA nomination... as it shouldn’t have.

1 hour ago, bananathesnake said:

He meant, specifically, the Vanguard Video award, which used to be given to legends only and now anyone with the most basic videography (hi Justin, JLO) gets it. And I agree 100%.

I just meant to make a general statement about how the credentials to be involved with the VMAs nowadays are only dependent on radio success, not quality of Music Videos you’re putting out, like it used to be.  But thank you for the support haha.

20 hours ago, IRunAway said:

Didn’t Britney “open” the VMAs with a skit in 2008? It’s probably the same as that

3 hours ago, bananathesnake said:

JLO i think deserves it. She consistently gives good videos and performances and although hasn’t consistently had hits, she has some classics under her belt

Missy, Gaga should be next 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Zeik89 said:

I know. Ain’t nobody need a dangling, torn-up crotch flapping all over the stage.

Who says stuff like this :wontcry:

• Upvote 3

Fingers crossed for this being the lowest drop in ratings yet and an overall cancellation so we don't have to deal with this farce of an award show for another year. :yesplease:

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, DJSLAYZEE said:

Missy, Gaga should be next 

Specially Gaga. Actually, even though her career is only 10 yo this year, even with The Fame not only did she breathe new air onto the music's industry lungs, by bringing new, interesting, provoking concepts to the table (it was quite boring and basic at the time) but also influenced everyone with The Fame and Fame Monster eras. Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry and many others stepped up their game in order to provide interesting visuals and concepts again because of her videos. Ofc, she started to flop a bit after her initial eras and eventually industry settled down again (do we need a new Lady Gaga?) but still, I think she deserves the award because no one else in the last 10-15 years had the same impact, visual / music video speaking.

On 8/15/2018 at 6:23 PM, IRunAway said:

cardi is the hottest artist of this year hun

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

cardi is the hottest artist of this year hun

It’s like you didn’t read anything I wrote.  I understand that she’s undeniably huge right now, and she deserves to be there... and I don’t care if she opens the show really.  I’m disappointed in the nominations and have been for about 6 years now.  They are based on artist popularity alone where they used to be based on how good the videos were.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, IRunAway said:

It’s like you didn’t read anything I wrote.  I understand that she’s undeniably huge right now, and she deserves to be there... and I don’t care if she opens the show really.  I’m disappointed in the nominations and have been for about 6 years now.  They are based on artist popularity alone where they used to be based on how good the videos were.  

the importance of videos has gone way down for a while now, there simply arent as many "award worthy" videos anymore like there used to be. they gotta nominate someone so of course they're gonna go with who's popular.

Is Ariana nominated? She should be. NTLTC for this year and God is a Woman for the next for sure. Its best Ive seen in a while (except the cringe worthy scream) :mhm: 

• Upvote 1

The VMA’s isn’t what it used to be back in the day. Very underwhelming and predictable. 

• Upvote 1

So basically it’s gonna be another Britney 2008 VMA. She’ll show up, say a bit, and win everything she’s nominated for. Slay without even trying mama. Pop is dead, my life is over.  :staysalty:   :gloss:   :nicki2:

• Upvote 1