news

news Queen Of Soul Aretha Franklin Gravely Ill

Legendary singer Aretha Franklin gravely ill and surrounded by loved ones in Detroit: Report

DETROIT, Michigan --

The family of Aretha Franklin is asking for prayers and privacy because the legendary singer is reportedly gravely ill.

The 76-year-old is in Detroit surrounded by loved ones and friends, according to a report by entertainment writer Roger Friedman of Showbiz411.

Franklin has been battling numerous health problems over the years and had to cancel concerts last summer due to doctor's orders.

Her last performance was last November at the Elton John Aids Foundation in New York.

https://abc13.com/health/aretha-franklin-gravely-ill-in-detroit-report/3945161/

Prayers to the queen of soul.

c1f669110a1d934ac3ae890bff958f66

• Upvote 1

I really hope she pulls through, we've lost too many legends already.. I mean seriously, Robin Williams died 4 years ago.. FOUR.. I couldn't believe it when I realised that it happened so long ago.. time flies so fast and it's so surreal.. :disappointed: 

really hope she pulls through, she's such a legend, amazing music, and an amazing person

• Upvote 1

I think I remember reading about her being ill last year. Oh, no.... :(

She'll always be the Queen of Soul no matter what. If she is in hospice care I can only pray she isn't in pain. I've cared for a loved one in hospice care before they passed and you find yourself wishing the pain would end for them. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, naturalplayboy said:

Forever iconic

Taylor swift and her nice gowns.

While I understand this is in jest as it was a funny moment, I think it's in poor taste to reduce someone of such legendary status to a meme when they are on their death bed.  

On another note, I saw the On The Run Tour II last night in Detroit and Beyoncé + Jay-Z dedicated their show to her.  May she find peace and comfort.

• Upvote 2

She died

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/16/entertainment/aretha-franklin-dead/index.html

I hope she recovers soon :otears:

3 minutes ago, Born2Die said:

I hope she recovers soon :otears:

did u even read? not even the post right above yours?the moment u were typing this comment u couldnt even look at the last comment? she died :jlostare: