Sign in to follow this  
Inuyasha

Body Dysmorphia

I hate to self diagnose myself with a mental illness, but I'm pretty positive that I suffer from this. I know I've mentioned my weight on here several times, but I was looking back at old photos and being so shocked at the fact that I WASN'T fat before. But I so vividly remember thinking I was this disgusting pig back then too, and even before that. I remember starting with this issue when I was like 8ish and my mom called me a fatass. I was so confused, I didn't consider myself fat at the time, so it really hurt me then:mhm:. I remember not eating anymore at school, and only eating very minimally at home. Eventually I got over it, but as I grew I did gain a bit of weight. And then I got called fat at school by some kids, and I guess that's when I broke. Slowly but surely I became self obsessed with my body and how it looks, and sometimes I spend hours a day just looking at myself in the mirror nitpicking everything that's wrong with myself. I get so angry at myself and sometimes I get so tempted to commit self harm because im so repulsed by myself. I only wear black baggy clothing and black oversized sweaters. I've never taken my shirt off in front of a person, and i've been turned down on things like sex because of it. I know that currently Im the heaviest Ive been in a little while, but I over-exaggerate it and my friends always tell me that I'm not even fat, but I swear I SEE it in the mirror:wontcry:. I know I wanna lose weight but I also know that I'll still see myself as a fat f**king whale, and I dont wanna talk about it to my family cause then I'll be considered "weak"

start hiking then with more confidence go to the gym

try to change those thoughts, say you're cute looking in the mirror, try to eat healthy

i guess everybody has that phase when looking in the mirror and feel like sh!t, too thin or too fat

so u just have to embrace it and start a plan to feel better. 

U and only U have the control over ur life. so take actions!! not tomorrow but today, just don't think too much, just GO.

:p

i was feeling I was getting weight, so I just started a month or 2 months ago and now I'm addicted to exercises bc I'm seeing im getting hot everyday

6 minutes ago, Dirk said:

start hiking then with more confidence go to the gym

try to change those thoughts, say you're cute looking in the mirror, try to eat healthy

i guess everybody has that phase when looking in the mirror and feel like sh!t, too thin or too fat

so u just have to embrace it and start a plan to feel better. 

U and only U have the control over ur life. so take actions!! not tomorrow but today, just don't think too much, just GO.

:p

i was feeling I was getting weight, so I just started a month or 2 months ago and now I'm addicted to exercises bc I'm seeing im getting hot everyday

Thank you, I actually started a diet today! I convinced myself to try with a more positive attitude:hugs:

• Upvote 1

Just now, Inuyasha said:

Thank you, I actually started a diet today! I convinced myself to try with a more positive attitude:hugs:

yay, positive thoughts and keep going! :yesplease:

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Inuyasha said:

I hate to self diagnose myself with a mental illness, but I'm pretty positive that I suffer from this. I know I've mentioned my weight on here several times, but I was looking back at old photos and being so shocked at the fact that I WASN'T fat before. But I so vividly remember thinking I was this disgusting pig back then too, and even before that. I remember starting with this issue when I was like 8ish and my mom called me a fatass. I was so confused, I didn't consider myself fat at the time, so it really hurt me then:mhm:. I remember not eating anymore at school, and only eating very minimally at home. Eventually I got over it, but as I grew I did gain a bit of weight. And then I got called fat at school by some kids, and I guess that's when I broke. Slowly but surely I became self obsessed with my body and how it looks, and sometimes I spend hours a day just looking at myself in the mirror nitpicking everything that's wrong with myself. I get so angry at myself and sometimes I get so tempted to commit self harm because im so repulsed by myself. I only wear black baggy clothing and black oversized sweaters. I've never taken my shirt off in front of a person, and i've been turned down on things like sex because of it. I know that currently Im the heaviest Ive been in a little while, but I over-exaggerate it and my friends always tell me that I'm not even fat, but I swear I SEE it in the mirror:wontcry:. I know I wanna lose weight but I also know that I'll still see myself as a fat f**king whale, and I dont wanna talk about it to my family cause then I'll be considered "weak"

I think first of all it's a fact of getting yourself into the right state of mind. You shouldn't put so much pressure on yourself to the point you look in the mirror and get desperate because you don't like some physical aspect. It might sound cheesy but it truly does come from inside of you, it all starts in your brain. Train your mind to slowly like what you see no matter what, otherwise you can get as slim as you can, and you'll still hate yourself.

Now about losing weight specifically: You should think about doing it for the right reasons. If you're really willing to lose weight, do it for yourself, your health, your well-being, not because others think you should. In fact, never do something for other people's approval unless you're getting money from them.  And when doing it, do not go ultra hard on yourself because it's not going as fast / as well / as nice as you thought it would. These things take time.

As someone who has developed spectrophobia (yes - pathologic fear of your own reflection) during some time of my life, I can assure you the best you can is get your mind in the right place first of all, then think about the rest.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bananathesnake said:

I think first of all it's a fact of getting yourself into the right state of mind. You shouldn't put so much pressure on yourself to the point you look in the mirror and get desperate because you don't like some physical aspect. It might sound cheesy but it truly does come from inside of you, it all starts in your brain. Train your mind to slowly like what you see no matter what, otherwise you can get as slim as you can, and you'll still hate yourself.

Now about losing weight specifically: You should think about doing it for the right reasons. If you're really willing to lose weight, do it for yourself, your health, your well-being, not because others think you should. In fact, never do something for other people's approval unless you're getting money from them.  And when doing it, do not go ultra hard on yourself because it's not going as fast / as well / as nice as you thought it would. These things take time.

As someone who has developed spectrophobia (yes - pathologic fear of your own reflection) during some time of my life, I can assure you the best you can is get your mind in the right place first of all, then think about the rest.

That seems really hard, I don't think I've ever "Loved myself" as cheesy as that sounds. But I am tired of this state of mind that I'm always in, it makes me miserable. I'm ready to get over it:sendinglove: