other

other What was your first meltdown as a fan?

BBMA 2011

I guess never being able to listen to the full version of Rebellion after we've heard it on the website...
That song was FIRE and we got just a verse and a chorus bad edited... But still fire.

I was kinda disappointed for the desert performance, but nothing compared to Make Me video by LaChapelle!

That was almost out! Everybody seemed to promote it (her interview, Perez Hilton,...), that was ART! But nothing.

Oh... the last one is Apple Pie... Does it even exist????

1 hour ago, STJ said:

matm MV.. expected more from her tbh at that point in time. but decade later got stuff like gimme more, piece of me, pretty gurls, make me MVS,  these videos make me appreciate MATM mv lol.

when she married kfed, i knew he was no good for her... this was just personal bias i hated men who wore clothes trying to be a gangster or something. 

2007 VMA, thought she would make a comeback performance but we all knew how it turned out

Oh yeah I forgot about my disappointment for 2007 VMA... 
They said there would have been magic, mirrors and then she would disappear and appear in another place!
And Chris Angel (the magician) supposed to set everything, right??

But know I see that performance iconic, even though she wasn't ok back then.

• Upvote 1

I’ve never really had a meltdown myself but the first one I witnessed here on Exhale was when Britney was a no show at the People’s Choice Awards because she was sick :giggleney:

Then someone here made a fake screenshot about how Britney replied back to a Insta message by a angry fan :janet:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BritneyBliss said:

Original Make Me video (rip gone but not forgotten) 

I was more confused than meltdown mode, I was just so like "Wtf is this this wasn't in those pictures". Honestly I was just baffled:pieceofwhat:

Thank god I wasn't a fan during the FF/BJ eras tho, I feel bad for yall:jlostare:

• Upvote 1

i gotta say my first meltdown is actually being the piece of me tour right now...

• Upvote 2

I've been a fan since 2007.

Didn't have a meltdown during the FF promo performances, I actually loved them

Didn't have a meltdown about the desert performance, didn't have a meltdown about perfume's mv, I loved perfume..

But Make Me caused my very first meltdown :yasqueen:

1 minute ago, Herumbra said:

i gotta say my first meltdown is actually being the piece of me tour right now...

same sis:tiffanycries:

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Filippo said:

A classic

Wow that's unexpected. The song was bad but I had still hopes for the album (poor me), also I loved the video

The video is great!!! I still like the most of the album more than Work Bitch.They are poorly produced but at least most of them actually tells something personal :embarrassney:

The first meltdown I remember having was the 2011 GMA “performances”.

I was embarrassed for her and so extremely dissapointed. They really hyped it up and made it this big event but she was completely dead.

It was just awful.

Marriage with Kevin, Chaotic and (it'll sound bad but she wasn't ready for it yet) pregnancy. 

When Criminal came out as a single instead of Inside Out :crying4:

• Upvote 1

Awkward feelings & more-than-anticipated emotional responses: 

-walkney for TCS:BS (decided not to buy a ticket...which I now regret)

-BJ vocal production (things already felt fishy when the 30 second iTunes clips leaked and it sounded like singing into an electric fan) - and then the album turned out to be crap/not even her voice sometimes 

-Vegas wigs that were supposed to imitate her normal hair (not the obviously costume wigs) + abysmal m&g photos with them

-joker mouth (paired with the new nose, it was just like “Who even is this person?”)

True meltdown:

-original Make Me video & choreography being scrapped. I will never recover. 

My first meltdown was right after hers, to be honest. When she went through the hardship she had I was so afraid of what might happen to her that my parents tried to make me rationalize and it was hard because at that point I wanted to help her so much and of course the small person that I am living in France, being a fan among millions didn't really matter.

But that wasn't my meltdown, it actually arrived when she would take the stage for Gimme More at the VMA's in 2007. I know it's always too soon to talk about that but I remember being in NY with my family for the holidays and I hyped the performance to everyone. There will be some kind of magic show, with mirrors and it was supposed to be so intense that it'd be the biggest comeback she ever made. Criss Angel was supposed to do something epic for her and when the performance came...nothing. It was actually worse than nothing. Of course, she came from a very dark place but to me, it didn't make sense, if she wasn't ready why put her on stage in the first place? :unreal:

Everyone I knew was like "She's done" but not in a mean way, in a way like she should retire and take care of herself. And people who knew me started making stupid compliments just to make me feel better like "I love how she spins in the Piece of Me" video or "She was singing Elvis at the opening, a legend singing a legend".:britoverit:

The sad thing is realizing that this was the start of something bigger, of course, she improved from the VMA 2007 performance and has a healthier lifestyle, but seeing her on stage and how she handles things now is a sad shadow of how amazing she could be if she cared more. It's worse to know that someone has "it" inside but doesn't want to use it. :tiffsniffle:

13 minutes ago, Stifler's Mom said:

when she was pregnant for the second time, I said that I was going to unstan :endit:

:bcutelaugh:

I actually never had one but I was embarrassed with Perfume, that song is tacky af, "mark my territoryyy" like she's a dog lol. hate it.

also like someone said. rebellion.

And I was excited for some projects too that got  scrapped. I was hoping to see la chapelle art for glory.

I still hope she works with him again, maybe with a stronger album full of pop bangers, his visuals for Travis scott is lit.

Hmmm... probably currentney - POM 2018. I’ve usually been able to keep my cool but lately there is something off about Britney that really makes me lose it. She seems to not give af about anything right now. 

:britdrown:

I've only had one meltdown and that was watching the 2016 VMAs. In hindsight it was pretty decent, it's just that I was hoping she would idk... put on a spectacle or something grander than she did

I think my first meltdown as a fan was when she married K-Fed.

I watched Chaotic and I was literally like WTF is this bitch doing with him?!

Closely followed by the original Mona Lisa getting scrapped and Rebellion never getting the see the light of day.

• Upvote 1

not sure if the first, but def the most intense one.. the whole "I always sing live, no one gives me credit" shebang.. I was so pissed it even inspired me to change my username which as you can see has stuck to this day.. :hiii: