breatheheavy

10 Polaroids Of My Mom Living Her Best Life At The Shania Twain Concert In Las Vegas

Me to my mom: let's go, girls.

Me to my mom: let's go ,girls.

[adinserter block="1"]

When I was a kid, my mom would incessantly play Shania Twain during road trips. You know... in a car... where I couldn't escape... But as I journeyed through adulthood and began discovering music outside the world of Britney and the Spice Girls (1999 blasphemy), I developed an immense appreciation and love for Shania's impeccable catalogue.

I took my mom to see the legend in action at her last North American stop of the NOW Tour this weekend at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

Because the singer's PR people asked me to review the show, I felt an inherent pressure to write a glowing review (it was explosive, epic, nostalgic by the way), but instead I decided to let my mom enjoy the spotlight with Shania. After all, I spent a lot of time with them together when I was young.

So, I grabbed my Polaroid camera and snapped pics of my mom before, during, and after the show, and I would like to share them with you.

Here we are in the parking garage posing with an oversized Shania advertisement because we were too poor for a meet & greet.

[adinserter block="2"]

Instead, my mom bought us beers and a Shania Twain-branded koozie. #Living

As we made our way through the arena, I asked my mom to casually pose for a photo. Here she is holding on for dear life because she knew Shania was about to blow our goddamn minds.

[adinserter block="3"]

Made it to our seats! The girls in front of us asked me to take their picture together (FYI they had me re-do it moments later because one of them literally said she wanted to tuck in her underboob. I had to Google it), so I asked them to return the favor. Also, I low-key love the woman side-eyeing us. Hi, honey!

Show started and... Mind. MF. Blown.

[adinserter block="4"]

During "Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love You)" my mom said 'don't be stupid you know I love you' and blew me a kiss. I love a shady queen.

Here she is living her best life during "Still The One." She reminded me several times it was her friend Janice and Phil's wedding song (I've never met Janice and Phil).

[adinserter block="5"]

This is the finale. In the background there was confetti everywhere, but Polaroids are horrendous with concert lighting so just trust it's there.

It took my mom 45 minutes to escape MGM's parking garage. This is a glimpse at that agony. But according to ma, "it was more than worth it."

Love you, mom.

• Upvote 2

I pray me and my mom can share the same experience at a Janet concert soon. We've only gotten as far as enjoying the first season of Pose together and her expressing her displeasure of my boyfriend spending the night when she's in town. You're so lucky, you and mama Exhale look so adorable. :kyliecry:

I love Shania Twain... your mom has great taste.  Shania was the first artist I ever actually LOVED!  I got her The Woman In Me cassette in 1992 and from there it was LOVE!!!  

Omggg I took my mom to the shania concert in New York a few weeks ago and she loved it too. Looks like your mom had a blast.

I was really impressed with the production. I was just expecting vocals but Shania served all that and more. Piece of me could never.

Really cute! Looks like you and your mom had a lot of fun :)