Sign in to follow this  
Inuyasha

How do you get rid of a red stain on white shoes

I just got them too, I spilled cheeto on them:britdrown:

1. Warm water + soap. Wet cloth and pat down the stain area. See how much you can get out this way.

2. Dry off area with wet towel. If stain removed put some newspaper in the middle for it to dry quicker. If stain not removed skip newspaper and continue to next step.

3. Water + baking soda. With toothbrush scrub the punch section.

4. Dry off again. Do steps in #2. If stain is still there continue.

5. Get some rubbing alcohol and add to a half/half water solution. With a cotton dauber spot clean the stain.

6. Dry off.

Source: A quick search in Google

4 hours ago, YouBettaSingBitch said:
  1. Warm water + soap. Wet cloth and pat down the stain area. See how much you can get out this way.

2. Dry off area with wet towel. If stain removed put some newspaper in the middle for it to dry quicker. If stain not removed skip newspaper and continue to next step.

3. Water + baking soda. With toothbrush scrub the punch section.

4. Dry off again. Do steps in #2. If stain is still there continue.

5. Get some rubbing alcohol and add to a half/half water solution. With a cotton dauber spot clean the stain.

6. Dry off.

Source: A quick search in Google

I followed that but it just made the stain pink instead of actually getting rid of it:wontcry:

depending on what shoes... white paint :mcorangu:

rub more cheetos onto them and turn them into red shoes.

• Upvote 2

I usually use OxiClean to clean off my white shoes; I don’t necessarily have bright colored stains on my shoes, though! :nonoNO: But I make a solution of warm water and OxiClean powder and soak a towel in it, and then use the towel to wipe my shoes down; I keep a dry towel nearby to clean up remaining water...

Idk if your shoes are a canvas like material and can be put in a washing machine? :heresthetea:

Best of luck to you! :makesomenoise:

• Upvote 1

Always have one of those “stain stick” things on hand; if you apply it liberally directly after the onset of the stain, it WILL come out (even though it can wait to go in the actual wash). I realize my advice is retroactive and therefore unhelpful at this juncture. 

But inquiring minds want to know: how did orange dust turn into a red stain? 

ETA: I just stumbled upon this; cannot vouch for its veracity but maybe worth a shot:

“A mix of equal parts of ammonia, liquid dish detergent and water in a spray bottle is touted as an effective stain remover for clothes. Spray it on and wash later, after it dries. Hydrogen peroxide (3 percent) is the star of this recipe that removes stains from clothing and other fabrics.” 

https://www.moneytalksnews.com/18-cheap-stain-removers-you-can-make-home/

ETAx2: If these solutions are ineffective, look at the bright side: you can still wear them after Labor Day. :pieceofwhat:

1 hour ago, SlayOut said:

I usually use OxiClean to clean off my white shoes; I don’t necessarily have bright colored stains on my shoes, though! :nonoNO: But I make a solution of warm water and OxiClean powder and soak a towel in it, and then use the towel to wipe my shoes down; I keep a dry towel nearby to clean up remaining water...

Idk if your shoes are a canvas like material and can be put in a washing machine? :heresthetea:

Best of luck to you! :makesomenoise:

I just decided to paint the spot with white arcrylic paint, but thank you:pieceofwhat:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LostInAnImage said:

Always have one of those “stain stick” things on hand; if you apply it liberally directly after the onset of the stain, it WILL come out (even though it can wait to go in the actual wash). I realize my advice is retroactive and therefore unhelpful at this juncture. 

But inquiring minds want to know: how did orange dust turn into a red stain? 

ETA: I just stumbled upon this; cannot vouch for its veracity but maybe worth a shot:

“A mix of equal parts of ammonia, liquid dish detergent and water in a spray bottle is touted as an effective stain remover for clothes. Spray it on and wash later, after it dries. Hydrogen peroxide (3 percent) is the star of this recipe that removes stains from clothing and other fabrics.” 

https://www.moneytalksnews.com/18-cheap-stain-removers-you-can-make-home/

ETAx2: If these solutions are ineffective, look at the bright side: you can still wear them after Labor Day. :pieceofwhat:

It was hot cheetos, my bad for not specifying:mcorangu:

1 minute ago, Inuyasha said:

I just decided to paint the spot with white arcrylic paint, but thank you:pieceofwhat:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Inuyasha said:

Vincent Van Gogh is shook :perfclap:

• Upvote 1