exhale

exhale Rank: Modern Pop Stars Discography

So, after seeing that JLO will get the MTV Vanguard Award I almost threw up because her discography is the worst for me. So, I wanted to know what do you guys and girls think. Rank the following current pop stars based on their discography only.

I only picked modern pop stars from early 2000’s until now. So Madonna, Mariah, Janet and all the other legends are not included. (That’s another league for me.)

So, for me these are the most consistent pop stars in the last 15 years and the ones that have stayed in the spotlight for a while. Also, all of them have a huge amount of stans.

1.              Britney

2.              Gaga

3.              Rihanna

4.              Shakira

5.              Beyonce

6.              Taylor

7.              Adele

8.              Kesha

9.              Lana

10.          Ariana

11.          Katy

12.          Christina

13.          Avril

14.          Kelly

15.          Pink

16.          Miley

17.          Nicki

18.          Selena

19.          Demi

20.          JLO

• Upvote 2

Why is Demi here over La Roux?

apart from that, mine is pretty similar 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, MmmDani said:

Why is Demi here over La Roux?

apart from that, mine is pretty similar 

I didn't include indie/underrated pop stars. If I had, then the list would've been over 100. I just included the most popular.

• Upvote 1

personally, Beyoncé's latest albums (r&b-ish) haven't been quite my style/type of music so she would be down there for me unfortunately :eheeek:

• Upvote 2

I agree with your list but I would place Christina a bit higher. Stripped and Back to Basics are legendary. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, britney_rocks said:

I agree with your list but I would place Christina a bit higher. Stripped and Back to Basics are legendary. 

Stripped was great but B2B isn't. I know her fans like it but it didn't even really yield any hits. ANOM was just a mediocre hit but not even iconic.

doing a full ranking is impossible but I'd put Britney, Taylor, Kelly, Adele and Ariana near the top..
I guess Christina and Bey have solid discographies but both bored me to death.. JLo is terrible, Selena only has one good album, haven't listened to Nicki's.. 

I would put Christina and jlo much higher and Taylor, shakira, Gaga and Ariana lower. I’d also put Miley and Demi higher 

3 hours ago, Passengerney said:

1.              Britney

2.              Gaga

3.              Rihanna

4.              Lana

5.              Nicki

6.              Taylor

7.             Selena

8.              Kesha

9.              Ariana

10.          Miley

11.          Avril

12.          Demi

13.          Christina

14.          Kelly

15.          Adele

16.          Katy

17.          Beyonce

18.          Pink

19.          Shakira

20.          JLO

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Passengerney said:

I didn't include indie/underrated pop stars. If I had, then the list would've been over 100. I just included the most popular.

Everyone knows In For The Kill and Bullet Proof, but tbh you’re right. It’s a shame more people didn’t buy Trouble In Paradise

1 hour ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

Stripped was great but B2B isn't. I know her fans like it but it didn't even really yield any hits. ANOM was just a mediocre hit but not even iconic.

Hurt? Like literally her best song lol

31 minutes ago, armrunner1998 said:

Hurt? Like literally her best song lol

thats subjective and its not like it was a big hit or anything

3 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

thats subjective and its not like it was a big hit or anything

It was #19 on the Billboard top 100 at one point (and Ain't No Other Man was #6). I'm not really a Christina fan but B2B was a great album.

1. Britney

2. Christina -- I think many of her good songs are hidden example I Am or Little Dreamer this is not even in the album but an itune bonus. Also Anywhere But Here and Falling In Love Again, these songs are not known besides hardcore fans.

3. Amy Winehouse -- I'm a huge fan of amy, she only has 2 (real) albums but those are the best! her voice is naturally jazzy/soulful instead of forced/artificial (like xtine or adole). My personal fav is Me & Mr Jones, I don't really like Rehab that much lol... in fact that's not the song that made me a fan. The song that made me a fan was when I listened to another song by another artist and she was just a feature in it xD "B-Boy (be my baby)" was the song's name, I was like, "Why the f**k does the back up singer sound better than the lead singer?", then I looked up the backup singer's name and it turned out she was pretty famous lol.

4. Taylor   (I tend to like her singles more than her non singles except for Reputation--I like the non-singles more than the singles)

5. Avril  -- There are some really good non-singles in her first 3 albums.

I don't listen to the below that frequently, I used to binge Kelly's 2nd album "Breakaway" but after that album, her songs don't do it for me.

6. JLo

7. P!NK -- Other than "Most Girls" all her songs sound the same :mcorangu:

8. Kelly

9. Gaga -- I only like her debut album... and Million Reasons (seems most people hate it)

10. Shakira

11. Rihanna -- don't really get the hype about rihanna, tbh. her songs are catchy but they don't have replayability value (at least to me). My personal fav is What's My Name (and it's not because of her voice, i hate it, it's because the background beats are awesome and has replay value)

12. Beyonce 

13. Katy -- she has really good songs but her voice sucks. 

14. Adele  -- she has a good voice but her songs all sound alike. I can understand why people love her though, unlike Xtine, she sticks to the melody and stay true to her sound, but as a pop fan, i need songs that sound different from one another. 

15. Miley -- she's last because her voice sucks.

I don't/haven't listened to the others, no shade. But I have heard 1 or 2 singles from them, for example I like Ke$ha's single with Pitbull Timber... but when Tik Tok first came out, I was so annoyed by her that I don't really listen to her songs/albums.

• Upvote 1

Trade Lana Del Rey for Carly Rae Jespen and your list is pretty accurate

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, armrunner1998 said:

It was #19 on the Billboard top 100 at one point (and Ain't No Other Man was #6). I'm not really a Christina fan but B2B was a great album.

I like her first two albums and didn't like B2B. And there are plenty of songs that do well on the charts that aren't good or memorable. It wasnt a total flop but nothing special to the GP.

• Upvote 1

Based on my most played artists on last.fm (2009-2017)

1. Britney Spears 
2. Adele 
3. Alicia Keys
4. Beyoncé 
5. Lady Gaga
6. Katy Perry
7. Rihanna
8. Christina Aguilera
9. Shakira
10. Miley Cyrus
11. P!nk
12. Lily Allen
13. Taylor Swift
14. Amy Winehouse 
15. Jennifer Lopez
16. Kelly Clarkson
17. Ke$ha
18. Avril Lavigne
19. Sara Bareilles
20. Hilary Duff

• Upvote 1

Kelly should at least be in the top 10, if not the top 5. If we’re just talking about the music, she’s had one of the most consistent catalogues since the early 2000’s and is one of the if not the best singer on the list. Go look at her greatest hits album. Every single song is good. And in a time when albums don’t sell as much, that album went gold and almost platinum as did her Christmas album which is a tough feat to accomplish. Her Christmas song Underneath the Tree is also heavily regarded by critics as the best holiday song since All I Want for Christmas. Her hits include Since U Been Gone, Behind these Hazel Eyes, Because of You, Miss Independent, My Life Would Suck, What Doesn’t Kill You, Don’t You Wanna Stay, and she recently had another top 10 with Piece by Piece when many of those artists haven’t had a top 10 in years and years. 12 top 10’s on the Hot 100, 3 number ones, and 3 Grammys. She was also the first and is now tied with Adele as the only ones to when the Grammy for best pop vocal album twice. And she’s also sung for few men known as Obama and the Pope.......

So yeah....  she should be moved up! 

She is so underrated and it just absolutely kills me!!!!!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Spongbob said:

Shakira that low? In understand, maybe it's because you haven't heard her Spanish albums. I'm a Spanish speaker so I find her Spanish music better than her English material. It's sad that a lot of people haven't heard her best because of the language barrier. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

And she’s also sung for few men known as Obama and the Pope....... 

So what if she sang for Poopie Obama and Poopy Pope? Some of the best acts in music and farrrr greater than Kelly will ever even dream to be, never did. It doesn't make her amazing or smth.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Lilith said:

So what if she sang for Poopie Obama and Poopy Pope? Some of the best acts in music and farrrr greater than Kelly will ever even dream to be, never did. It doesn't make her amazing or smth.

Did you read any of the other accomplishments I wrote? To not even put her in a top 10 is crazy to me. She is easily one of the best voices and has some of the best songs. And not just anyone gets chosen to sing for a president (3 times), a pope, the super bowl, and the 100th anniversary edition of God Bless America. She’s not fake. She has real talent. Her career has lasted 15 years. Almost every one of her albums has had Grammy nominations. People thought she wouldn’t last past Idol yet she became one of the biggest stars in music. 

She’s one of the best.

45 minutes ago, jamesedward94 said:

Did you read any of the other accomplishments I wrote? To not even put her in a top 10 is crazy to me. She is easily one of the best voices and has some of the best songs. And not just anyone gets chosen to sing for a president (3 times), a pope, the super bowl, and the 100th anniversary edition of God Bless America. She’s not fake. She has real talent. Her career has lasted 15 years. Almost every one of her albums has had Grammy nominations. People thought she wouldn’t last past Idol yet she became one of the biggest stars in music. 

She’s one of the best.

Funny u say that bc it's clear u didn't read my post. sweetie some of the best acts in music that are FAR greater than Kelly never did sing for the president or p00py Pope which means that kelly singing for the president is not a big deal. If far greater acts than her didn't do it, what makes you think she is special for singing eventho she's at a much lower scale as an artist than them? lmao
and please, the grammys are a joke. let's not act like those are nominated "fairly" and bc they always "deserve" it.Not all of them even deserve a grammy yet they all get one or nominations for one without even deserving it.

• Upvote 1

SWEETIE....

She won the first American Idol.

She actually became huge when the odds were stacked against her.

She has a modern pop/rock classic that many say is one of the best pop songs of all time (that being Since U Been Gone).

All 8 of her albums have debuted in the top 3 with 3 of them debuting at #1.

11 top 10 singles including 3 number ones.

Her greatest hits went gold and her Christmas album went platinum. 

Her song Don’t You Wanna Stay is the highest selling country single of all time.

She’s won Grammys, Vmas, A People’s Choice, an American Music Award, ACM, CMA, and Billboard Awards. 

She’s sold 25 million albums.

She’s sung FOR THE PRESIDENT (3 DAMN TIMES) AND THE POPE.

She’s sand the national anthem at the Super Bowl.

Her mother in law is REBA.

She has sung pop, pop/rock, rock, r&b, country, soul, broadway, and is classical trained and can sing opera. 

In her first season as a coach on The Voice she won with her very first chair turn AND with the youngest contestant. 

She is a successful children’s book author.

SO TO SUM UP: she’s remeained popular, sold 25 million+, has multiple number one singles and albums, has been successful in multiple genres, has won just about every award imaginable, sang for huge people, won a talent competition and won a talent competition as a judge, hold records, and has a pop classic.

ALSO....

I’m honestly just being petty and really don’t care that much, I just really like Kelly! Haha.

Everyone’s of course entitled to their own opinions and I know she isn’t the most popular out there, but I truly think she deserves top 5 in the list. I just can’t at people putting Miley, Taylor, Avril, Demi, and Kesha so high...

5 hours ago, jamesedward94 said:

She’s sung FOR THE PRESIDENT (3 DAMN TIMES) AND THE POPE.

SWEETIE......

Kelly is talented but singing for the PRESIDENT AND THE P00PY POPE IS NOT A PROOF OF THAT. DO U UNDERSTAND? A lot of FAR GREATER artists than HER haven't sung for the president and Shitty Pope! Singing for the president and P00pe is not any sort of validation for talent. Do you understand it already? Better artists haven't, so what? So what if Kelly sung? It doesn't mean anything. Nobody cares for that.

She’s won Grammys, Vmas, A People’s Choice, an American Music Award, ACM, CMA, and Billboard Awards. 

Okay and? Some of the BEST artists have never won a grammy. They haven't won these awards but it doesn't mean that they were not talented. FAR BETTER artists than Kelly haven't won these awards. You can't be using the grammys and singing abt Obama and Shitty P0pe as a proof because they don't prove talent. Do you get it?

She is a successful children’s book author.

and? big f**king deal :cackling::cackling: dozens of ppl are successful childrens/teens/adults book authors. Is that any sort of validation for her musical talent or smth?

Her mother in law is REBA.

so? :cackling: what does this prove? Actually why do u even bring it up lmao. it's irrelevant.  By that logic Kevin is talented as f**k all because he married Britney. Suddenly relations through marriage = talent nowadays?

You have missed the point in my posts repeatedly. It's not abt Kelly not being talented. She does have talent. It's the way u try to explain her talent that makes no sense. Describe talent by focusing on talent, not "achievements" aka other sh!t which awful artists have achieved before (like Grammys). A lot of very reputable artists never won a Grammy, I suggest u Google that. No one ever disputed Kelly's talent here, get that straight. She is talented. But u keep focusing on almost everything else and using that as leverage to try prove something when all it does is disprove what u try to say bc sh!t acts have won Grammys before, sh!t people have talented in-laws relations. That's the problem. Saying that she sang for the president and shitty P00pe, or the grammys, or the children's book author or the f**king mother in law REBA, or singing for superbowl, those things don't prove anything.
So to you, someone who is going to sing for the president or the P00pe or Dalai Lama, or win a grammy, or write childrens books = proof of talent?
Because some of the best artists/groups (artists/groups that are far more talented than Kelly) haven't done ANY of the above or very little of the above. What can we say about them? They are not talented? They haven't sung for the president, or won a grammy, or having REBAAA as their mother in law. So? These arguments u are trying to use are not "proof/validation" of talent.

• Upvote 1