news

news Non-Americans! Does your country still care about britney?

Im from Mexico, but now living in Italy.

In mexico the gp remember her of course.. but nobody knows what is she doing.
The LGBT people is  mad with her because she does not care very much about having a huge career like in the old days.

So far in Italy I have felt the same; gp just remember her as nostalgia. 

7 hours ago, e-mailmyheart said:

Yes it has already been photographed in houses of fado (traditional music of my country) and in other cities of my country like Sintra and Praia da Comporta. His son, David Banda plays football in the children's coats of the biggest football club in Portugal, Benfica.

Imagem relacionada

Imagem relacionada

She has already posted several photos and videos on her instagram and says she is in love with fado and how it can influence her next album.

If you have never heard of fado here is an example of what it is with two of Portugal's greatest voices of this genre of music:

to be fair they don't really care about Britney here in Portugal for almost 10 years tbh. her last highlight was Circus/Femme Fatale (start) mostly and it's done.

I live in indonesia. literally just about yesterday my coworker asked me if i saw celine few weeks ago when she had a concert here and I said no and we ended up talking about music until I said I stan britney. she was like "but she's.. old now? she's not touring anymore I guess". I explained that she IS touring rn :iwin:

• Upvote 5

I'm from Venezuela and she's one of the biggest international artists there. Huge fanbase. Even Britney Jean went Platinum.

I've been living in Argentina for over a year and she's big here. I listen to her music on the radio (specially BOMT or OIDIA) and you can still she's not forgotten. I think Glory went Top 5 here for weeks, so... not bad.

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, Ryan Godspeed said:

I live in indonesia. literally just about yesterday my coworker asked me if i saw celine few weeks ago when she had a concert here and I said no and we ended up talking about music until I said I stan britney. she was like "but she's.. old now? she's not touring anymore I guess". I explained that she IS touring rn :iwin:

britney is "old" but theyre talking about celine? LOL 

• Upvote 4

In France I feel like not even the gays know Glory exists

Mexico here.

Most of the latest news are talking about her wardrobe malfunctions at POM tour:

1892323-N2.JPG

About radio, music and charts, I really don't even know how to search for that info. I think Make Me... kinda charted but I really doubt Slumber Party figured anywhere. The other day I went to the electronics store to buy some batteries and they had My Prerogative on the radio though, does that help? :unbothered:

• Upvote 1

I'm from Argentina and yes. The press always posts random news about her (the tour, the IG videos, the money she will earn in Vegas, etc). For example, the other day they posted about the wardrobe malfunction on the tour. :orangu:

And thanks God, they always use recent or good pics. (The 1st one is not nice but at least it's recent lol)

britney.jpg britney-spears.jpgbrtiney.jpg1121_britney_spears_g.jpgbritney-spears.jpg

And we don't have an official chart :wyd: And I don't listent to the radio so I don't know about that. But she has a pretty big fanbase here and her songs and albums are always #1 on iTunes. I

• Upvote 1

Portugal and no. They rarely put her on radio, even when she releases a single. You can hear Scream & Shout though.

And of course they give her media coverage but that's because she'a a celeb, not because they like her.

Her team have not promoted much in Australia at all recently. Most of the people I know who are non Britney fans don’t know Make Me or Slumber Party...

Australia

Make Me made a dent in the charts (very briefly) but most people here wouldn’t even know that she released Glory.

As far as media coverage, it’s literally just tabloids talking about “how she got that body”.

You still hear most of her back-catalogue at the gay clubs though. And she has a lot of stans here like myself but in general people here don’t take her very seriously as an artist.

I should also add that people in Australia tend to take music way too seriously and struggle to enjoy ~pop music~ :ririshade2:

On 7/22/2018 at 9:37 AM, WilderWein said:

I am from THE NETHERLANDS. My boring ass country loves boring sh!t like Ed Sheeran and Adele. The girls adore Taylor Swift and Beyoncé. When I mention Britney they always ask what's she's doing. It's sad.

1. 8 articles on the website I always see everyone visit for news

2. I am not gonna translate all of them but the last one was about Federline wanting more money

3. They feels its not right for him to want more money and one says they should go to Judge Judy

4. britney-spears-wint-vanguard-award-van-h

5. Scream & shout... LOL

6.BOMT, Oops, Sometimes and Scream&Shout

7. I heard I Wanne Go at the gym the other day but in general she's not played a lot, only classics now and then. She is often played in the 90's charts and stuff like that.

Also from the Netherlands here, and yes that is accurate. They have these playlists with ‘bad and wrong music’ on the radio and Britney seems to make the list every freaking time. So sad. 

Also I think most of the gays only like her here. All of my friends seem to not like her... 

In Spain her #1 hits are Oops, MATM and Scream and Shout. I remember her being everywhere around 2011, I wasn't a fan back then but the FF era got a lot of coverage and as a member of the general audience there I remember knowing about TTWE and IWG edit: Criminal, Womanizer as well

No Britney album has ever been #1, BOMT, Oops, and Glory have been the closest at #2. Spain was in a weird Madonna era back then so everything Madonna released from American Life was at least top 5 here, Nothing Fails was #1 lol

It's like I live in bizarro world lol

• Upvote 1

Australia.

There's not many news articles about her.  Most of them are just other people referencing her or a general article talking about 90's music and has her name on it. 

These two are her articles:

https://www.who.com.au/britney-spears-honoured-with-a-second-vanguard-awardhttps://www.who.com.au/britney-spears-honoured-with-a-second-vanguard-award

https://www.marieclaire.com.au/britney-spears-painting-sold

Last charting song is Make Me at #39... that's really bad considering it's australia xD the #1 spot sells like 1000 copies... so I can't imagine #39 :mcorangu:

Not on mainstream radio, those radios play stupid ass music (mostly new that are in top 10) and it's always rap or some weird sh!t.  Her songs still play on radios that are made for 80's 90's music :mcorangu: I prefer those anyway, because I'm familiar with the songs. 

On 7/22/2018 at 9:40 AM, NiceSpears said:

Yes, it does. Britney gets a lot of publicity and it feels like the GP fell in love with her again a few years ago when she entered the icon- status for reals. 

That’s why she is selling out huge arenas across Europe.

Are you from Mars? Guess they remember the Oops video so well there, no wonder she is still a thing. In Italy she is largely forgotten but there are still fans that buy her stuff. 

2 hours ago, Lantis said:

Are you from Mars? Guess they remember the Oops video so well there, no wonder she is still a thing. In Italy she is largely forgotten but there are still fans that buy her stuff. 

What’s your point? Like really?  :gerlwat: 

I clearly stated that she gets lots of publicity still, and the GP fell in love with her again like around 2015. It’s like that’s when the icon- status really kicked in and people wants to go and see her. She has sold out most of the European shows. My concert is sold out, capacity is 25- 26 000. 

I am not talking about Italy. I am talking about Sweden and Norway. But if you say ppl have forgotten about her there in Italy it’s probably your country who is stuck with Oops, right? And perhaps also why she is not touring there.:tiffeyeroll:

4 hours ago, NiceSpears said:

What’s your point? Like really?  :gerlwat: 

I clearly stated that she gets lots of publicity still, and the GP fell in love with her again like around 2015. It’s like that’s when the icon- status really kicked in and people wants to go and see her. She has sold out most of the European shows. My concert is sold out, capacity is 25- 26 000. 

I am not talking about Italy. I am talking about Sweden and Norway. But if you say ppl have forgotten about her there in Italy it’s probably your country who is stuck with Oops, right? And perhaps also why she is not touring there.:tiffeyeroll:

Yeah they are not even bringing her new perfumes here. They stopped after Believe cause they flopped... This is so sad cause I wanted to collect them... :(

Argentina.

YES. there are a lot of good articles around. I still listen to Tom's Diner on the radio. Maybe they don't know that she is doing a residency but her bikini pictures and workout videos are popular lol 

Sadly Canada doesn’t seem to care about her. She doesn’t get radio play here, and when she does it always seems to be Toxic randomly. Media doesn’t really cover her, either. Her last tour here in Vancouver ended up on groupon sigh. But she almost sold it out!

On 7/22/2018 at 5:34 PM, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

I'm from Hungary. The news pages here still care about Britney, but not that much they used to be, obviously. They always cover her more interesting insta posts (working out with Sam, her kids, etc). There's 5 "real" news article from this year, the others are just bullshitting

"Britney Spears has a nip slip again":britoverit: they state that she had as many wardrobe malfunctions as Kylie Jenner but they mention that she's a professional and it's normal that her clothes move from their place cause she dances so hard and she's so energetic. They mention Britney was nowhere to be seen recently but now she's started her Piece of Me tour

There's numerous praise articles about Sam being the one for her, sons are how big, her beauty, her fit shape, her revealing clothes and sexiness.."she raised like a phoenix, "she's sexier than ever" and about her recent insta photo with her in a beige crop top and shorts and boots they say "she wasn't this beautiful since 1998, she looks like her 16 year old self":)

Her latest charting songs are Slumber Party and Make Me yaay. I remember hearing them on the radio, Make Me was playing a lot 2016-17:clap: 

Make Me #6, Slumber Party #13. I'm proud!

DO YOU WANNA COME OVER is #26 I think!! I've never heard it on tho

Everytime, Toxic, MATM were #1 (the holy ITZ trinity) Womanizer was #2, Circus, I wanna go were #3 and Do Somethin' and Someday were #5 that is a big suprise for me! I've never heard Someday til I became a fan

They are playing her songs all the time in Budapest's clubs.

• Upvote 2

In Turkey she is not that popular anymore. I think after the FF people just give up on her. They really loved Criminal cuz sounds like turkish song. Nobody knows Glory excist. Radio playing old songs from her. The press pots random stuffs and false news all the time.