tour

tour Pre-recorded vocals OR live voice over the CD track: your preference?

What would you rather?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather?

• All pre-recorded vocals, mic off
    • All CD tracks on, mic ON 30% volume

So I'm just wondering what you guys would rather hear at a tour other than the CD vocals.

I'm pretty sure we can all agree that just the album vocals played over the speakers kind of sucks. So what would you rather, a full show of pre-recorded live vocals but her mic is completely turned off the entire show, OR have the CD vocals loudly blasting but have her mic turned on the entire time and it's only 30% as loud as the playback?

I honestly would like either of those options. I really would like to hear what she sounds like singing the whole show live while standing still, while at the same time having her sing over the tracks would make the entire performance seem more genuine. If I had to pick between both, I'd rather the pre-recorded vocals because at least we'd hear all our fav songs "live" while she wouldn't have to worry about compromising the dancing.

:britstare:

• Upvote 1

If she's going to dance like she does now, there is NO excuse to lip, since it is not vocally demanding to skip around the stage. On the other hand, if she is going to DANCE like her dancers, then pre recorded vocals would be fine. Imo, in the current state it's just lazy to lip when you're not doing much on stage...

• Upvote 8

If she ain’t gonna sing live then pre-recorded vocals so that it at least gives the illusion that she’s live. That’s what I loved about the Femme Fatale Tour 

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, #Blackout said:

If she ain’t gonna sing live then pre-recorded vocals so that it at least gives the illusion that she’s live. That’s what I loved about the Femme Fatale Tour 

the weird thing about that tour was some of it was pre-recorded vocals on top of CD vocals, so it was still all lip syncing but definitely with the illusion of something happening live vocally. I loved the FF tour pre-recorded vocals.

• Upvote 2

I would prefer the prerecorded vocals. Just to have the illusion of a live vocal performance is enough for me. I would prefer her to just stand  there and sing these songs live. 

• Upvote 1

It’s so weird to me why she can’t just do certain lines live and have the rest pre recorded. She was actually singing live many femme fatale shows and she wasn’t bothering to on  piece of me when she was such a better performer 

• Upvote 1

Honestly the biggest thing about Britney’s entire career that DRIVES ME CRAZY (especially now) is the fact the she will not take 3 hours out of ONE FREAKIN day to literally sing the songs through once or twice to make pre-recorded vocals for the show. ESPECIALLY FOR HER ICONIC SONGS like BOMT AND OIDIA. Literally I will never understand. ever. 

And don’t tell me it’s about money. She could do that sh!t on garage band to layer over the album track for FREE. AT HOME. 

I WOULD RECORD IT FOR HER FOR FREE. It’s that fcking easy. 

It’s just so unreal to me.

• Upvote 6

Half of the show should be sung live and the other prerecorded. 

If she ever can dance again I’ll bump the 50% live to 20%

There is no reason why she can’t sing with the track or do verses to certain songs. Some I understand are impossible. 3 for example. That probably never could be live unless acoustic or reworked. 

Womanizer, WB, MM, ballads, should all be live. Those are fairly easy songs and fit her natural voice. 

• Upvote 2

I prefer just pre-recorded vocals to be honest, as long as they are raw. the FFT pre-recorded vocals didn't sound too bad! When i hear CD vocals it makes me cringe!

• Upvote 1

Over the track. There's really no excuse not to - even if it's only for 20-25% of a song, it adds so much more than hearing cd vocals. Pre-recorded is obviously a step up, but they usually get figured out pretty quickly.

Pre-recorded with a little bit live vocals added whenever she feels like it.

I never want her to feel like she HAS to sing live, it's her choice she has to be comfortable.

But pre-recorded would add so much value to the show

No live vocals on pre-recorded ones? 

Just a little bit of verse or ad lib.

How low our expectation can be:omg:

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Q Morgendorffer said:

Live vocals on top of pre recorded.. why not? :eeek:

this

8 hours ago, Q Morgendorffer said:

Live vocals on top of pre recorded.. why not? :eeek:

why not live vocals on top of more live vocals? :iwin:

• Upvote 3

Pre-recorded, ain´t nobody got time for that CD vocals with 30% volume BS

live over track, it should be at 80% or more, not 30% :mcorangu:

i like that she sings here... she doesn't sound like studio voice, it sounds like her natural full voice: 

• Upvote 1

30% hee vocals? lol only to hear her sing that little...I'd rathee have her use pre recorded vocals instead so the whole thing sounds live instead of only 30%....

Who is voting for 100% track just because it’s pre-recorded? I’d rather just listen to the CD it’s the same sh!t. 

I’d rather have her singing over the CD track. 

Ideally it would be her singing over a pre-recorded track. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, STJ said:

live over track, it should be at 80% or more, not 30% :mcorangu:

i like that she sings here... she doesn't sound like studio voice, it sounds like her natural full voice: 

That's a fan singing.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Dexter1998 said:

That's a fan singing.

no way, that's her voice...  unless mia maria is in the audience :mcorangu:

2 minutes ago, STJ said:

no way, that's her voice...  unless mia maria is in the audience :mcorangu:

Oh, god. I just saw the sarcasm.

Mmm... depending on the song. Uptempo tracks need pre recorded vocals but it would look even worse to sdsee her doing horrible playback to ballads, so for slow songs or ballads an actual live singing is a better option no matter how good or bad it can be.