Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Ashlee Simpson's New Album Out This Fall!

After more than a decade, Ashlee Simpson finally readies new music.

After more than a decade, Ashlee Simpson finally readies new music.

[adinserter block="1"]

Hello, my name is Jordan, and I'm responsible for this very misleading headline. Truth be told, Ashlee is putting out a new album in a few months, but the part I conveniently left out is that it's a joint album with her husband, Evan Ross (the youngest son of Diana Ross) and it won't sound like her past pop works.

Now that I've come clean, let's celebrate?

[adinserter block="2"]

In a new interview with the New York Times, Ashlee describes the forthcoming LP as “conversations of love.” But in song form, I assume.

“Growing up I always loved soul and R&B and India Arie and Lauryn Hill and all that, and I think like you’ll feel vibes of that,” she said. But don't stress, it's still very much ~Ashlee~. “I feel like my tone of my voice, you definitely know it’s me.”

It's also worth mentioning Verdine White, the Grammy-winning bass player from Earth, Wind and Fire, will appear on a song titled "Ashlee & Evan."

[adinserter block="3"]

The couple are also not terrible concerned with how it performs on the charts.

“I mean, everybody wants things to do well, but I think the good part about this is like, it’s all love,” Ross said. “What’s the worst thing that could happen?”

“People don’t like it,” Ashlee responded.

“You just gotta hope for the best,” Ross said. “Man, if they totally don’t like it, you’re like, damn, I must be boring.”

[adinserter block="4"]

Ashlee and Evan will also appear on a E! new reality show. Fingers crossed they... don't bore us.

[adinserter block="5"]

Are YOU excited for Ashlee's (and Evan's) new album? Leave a comment below!

And while you're at it... follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

A joint album from Beyoncé and Jay-Z was unnecessary enough; one by Ashlee Simpson and her anonymous husband is completely pointless.

Unless she releases another song like “Little Miss Obsessive,” I have no interest in this. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

A joint album from Beyoncé and Jay-Z was unnecessary enough; one by Ashlee Simpson and her anonymous husband is completely pointless.

Unless she releases another song like “Little Miss Obsessive,” I have no interest in this. 

He is Diana Ross' son... which adds a layer of weird to it lol

omg i totally forgot about her existence. i really liked her first two albums back in the day but they're so dated. maybe she'll come up with something cool. i'll prob listen just out of curiosity but i'm not expecting anything great. also, her personality (and family) turn me off.

4 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

He is Diana Ross' son... which adds a layer of weird to it lol

Ah, thanks for the info. I remember her being married to the guy from Fall Out Boy (Pete Wentz?) but wasn’t aware she remarried. I was a fan during the first two albums. 

• Upvote 1

I loved her TV show and her first two albums. I am hoping for the best!

is she still alive?
that album is not going to sell

excited.

As long as i dont have to listen to her live... i really liked piece of me, shadow, la la.

I'm curious tho

btw, 

I love this two,

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, LELE said:

is she still alive?

Considering she’s only in her early thirties im

going to venture a yes.

• Upvote 2

I hate this bitch , straight up . She always had the worst commemts to say about britney back in 2007 . It's like she was relieved that britney finally was "going down"so she could live without britney's shadow. 

Team jessica . 

On 7/10/2018 at 8:11 PM, patience darling said:

I loved her TV show and her first two albums. I am hoping for the best!

Aah I completely forgot about that show, I was a huge fan in junior high. I just looked it up for nostalgic purposes, and the horrible graphics had to make me laugh:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-9008-1370284895-34.

a41670e0-d7c9-0131-bf8c-0eb233c768fb.gif

That theme song was catchy as hell though!

I enjoy Ashlee's solo stuff. Idk, guess I just have mixed feelings with it being a joint album with her husband. :xfactorlook:

I am happy

So enormously good to see this face

ashlee-simpson-new-album.jpg

so actualily too !!

totally down

she is in my childhood memory

i love how she just cheered me up through the coldest winter and toughest night and now she cheers me up through the warmest summer. and then fall!

As long as she took some singing lessons she can do music... too bad Jessca screamed and dranked her voice off...

On 7/10/2018 at 10:05 PM, LostInAnImage said:

Ah, thanks for the info. I remember her being married to the guy from Fall Out Boy (Pete Wentz?) but wasn’t aware she remarried. I was a fan during the first two albums. 

you just reminded that pete wentz has a naked pictues laying around... hmm lemme check that D again