Jump to content


socialney

socialney Are killer choreographies still a thing?

Recommended Posts

No, I'm not talking about thiefoncé's bunch of poses and butt moves, I mean actual dancing. I'm the kind of person that thinks good dancing doesn't age, look at MJ, his moves besides being iconic are all about art and passion but I was thinking about this the other day when a (straight) friend and I were discussing why I live britney so much and one of the reasons I told him was her dancing skills so I showed him the Toxic performance from the OHT, he saw the breakdown and despite he admitted she did amazing he doesn't think that thing is relevant these days. What do you guys think? 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that's one of the reasons why I've resorted to K-Pop these days, western pop stars are so lazy with their performances meanwhile in SK every title track literally has a routine for it.. :sippinga:

there's a few gems here and there in the west but they're usually just for super special events, for example, Rihanna danced her ass of at the VMAs but during her shows she usually doesn't.. kind of a shame because choreography makes a performance 800 times better.. :crying1: I don't want to admit but Beyonce is probably the closest we have.. :tiffanynod:

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

that's one of the reasons why I've resorted to K-Pop these days, western pop stars are so lazy with their performances meanwhile in SK every title track literally has a routine for it.. :sippinga:

there's a few gems here and there in the west but they're usually just for super special events, for example, Rihanna danced her ass of at the VMAs but during her shows she usually doesn't.. kind of a shame because choreography makes a performance 800 times better.. :crying1: I don't want to admit but Beyonce is probably the closest we have.. :tiffanynod:

Jlo? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BritneysBitch82 said:

Jlo? 

I forgot she even existed, tbh, I haven't watched a performance of hers in like.. forever?! you're probably right though.. :tiffanynod:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, I Always Sing Live said:

I forgot she even existed, tbh, I haven't watched a performance of hers in like.. forever?! you're probably right though.. :tiffanynod:

Never thought she was as good as Britney when it comes to complex choreography on stage, but she is a very skilled dancer herself and with Britney not bringing it anymore, def surpassed her 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Side to side was nominated for best choreography at the vmas and it's literally riding a bike while moving your ass, so im gonna say no :notreally:

I understand not doing choreo live if you're singing but they could try it in music videos or pre-recorded performances

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Queen Madonna still slaying both choreography and singing and she's close to 60 :embarrassed: When will other poptarts

Beyoncé, Shakira and Madonna are the only good performers we have left tbh

And Gaga :lmao:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, The Bling said:

Queen Madonna still slaying both choreography and singing and she's close to 60 :embarrassed: When will other poptarts

Beyoncé, Shakira and Madonna are the only good performers we have left tbh

And Gaga :lmao:

And pink and kylie 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Bling said:

Queen Madonna still slaying both choreography and singing and she's close to 60 :embarrassed: When will other poptarts

Beyoncé, Shakira and Madonna are the only good performers we have left tbh

And Gaga :lmao:

NO

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

that's one of the reasons why I've resorted to K-Pop these days

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate how great K-pop stars are at dancing but in my very humble opinion, they look to perfect, almost as if they were non-human dancing machines. But that's just an unpopular opinion :yaknow:

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, The Bling said:

Queen Madonna still slaying both choreography and singing and she's close to 60 :embarrassed: When will other poptarts

Beyoncé, Shakira and Madonna are the only good performers we have left tbh

And Gaga :lmao:

Beyoncé and Gaga maybe, and despite Madonna is way superior than bey and gaga she still needs a whole stage and props, her shows are more about the art nd themes. 

Shakira? :gimmemoar: She moves her hips, does some armography and hairflips but even lazyney moves 50% more than her.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Million Billion said:

Beyoncé and Gaga maybe, and despite Madonna is way superior than bey and gaga she still needs a whole stage and props, her shows are more about the art nd themes. 

Shakira? :gimmemoar: She moves her hips, does some armography and hairflips but even lazyney moves 50% more than her.

:xfactorlook:

I consider Shakira to be on the same level as Beyoncé. Fight me :janet:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Bling said:

:xfactorlook:

I consider Shakira to be on the same level as Beyoncé. Fight me :janet:

Mmm... no. Whether I like thiefoncé or not I have to admit her moves are sharp moves unlike Shakira. Does Shakira dance? Yes, is it outstanding? No, the initial question was if KILLER choreographies were still a thing, so I wouldn't place Shakira as a killer dancer in first place :yaknow:

Sorry, I don't want to sound offensive because I also like her but it's just an opinion. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tinashe but she’s been so underwhelming lately, I used to stan her last year and now idgaf :nyheadache:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Million Billion said:

Mmm... no. Whether I like thiefoncé or not I have to admit her moves are sharp moves unlike Shakira. Does Shakira dance? Yes, is it outstanding? No, the initial question was if KILLER choreographies were still a thing, so I wouldn't place Shakira as a killer dancer in first place :yaknow:

Sorry, I don't want to sound offensive because I also like her but it's just an opinion. 

True, true :makesomenoise: I truly believe Shakira is capable of becoming one of the best performers out there, but she's too lazy to actually learn a choreography:mcorangu:

In my post I only considered Madonna as the one still slaying choreography-wise :qtbrit: Kinda. Shakira, Beyoncé and Gaga are, for me, impressive performers, but that's it

We need a new Britney :pensiveney:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/4/2018 at 3:11 AM, The Bling said:

In my post I only considered Madonna as the one still slaying choreography-wise

Madonna? She's my favorite artist probably of all time but lately I've been dissapointed with her performances.  Tears of a clown, met gala, and the charity event she did all were so boring to watch for me, even the Rebel Heart Tour, which I went to, barely had any good dance moments compared to MDNA. She is almost 60 tho, of course I don't expect her to do anything crazy, but I really thought she was in peak form during 2012 and 2013. 

can you give some examples of her slaying choreography wise recently?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Complication said:

JANET. She's slaying every bitch in the industry at 52.

 

queen! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

I watched some Jlo videos from her Vegas shows and it was cringy af. 

I went to it and it was amazing. Which parts didn't you like? Almost everything was "on": the costumes, the sets, the tech, the crowd interaction, the dancing, the act themes, the energy, the crowd interaction, her body body/hair/makeup, live singing (not 100%  but there were many obviously live moments). It was everything someone would want on a Vegas show by a pop star. She's a true showgirl.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I went to it and it was amazing. Which parts didn't you like? Almost everything was "on": the costumes, the sets, the tech, the crowd interaction, the dancing, the act themes, the energy, the crowd interaction, her body body/hair/makeup, live singing (not 100%  but there were many obviously live moments). It was everything someone would want on a Vegas show by a pop star. She's a true showgirl.

Some dance moves were weird:

 

It's obviously better than Britney but she barely dances and doesn't even sing live. She's like another Beyonce, all about energy

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

Some dance moves were weird:

 

It's obviously better than Britney but she barely dances and doesn't even sing live. She's like another Beyonce, all about energy

That's not the Vegas show. That was a one-off special event in 2014. She dances a LOT in her Vegas show with amazing choreography! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

That's not the Vegas show. That was a one-off special event in 2014. She dances a LOT in her Vegas show with amazing choreography! 

yes she's doing amazing in this new Vegas show and Chase (the Britney dancer) is part of that and he said it's his favorite "tour". he left Britney for J.Lo. huess he was bored with POM. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dirk said:

yes she's doing amazing in this new Vegas show and Chase (the Britney dancer) is part of that and he said it's his favorite "tour". he left Britney for J.Lo. huess he was bored with POM. 

he did?!?!? when?! i didnt know that.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×