breatheheavy

Gwen Stefani Kicked Off Her Las Vegas Residency And It Included A Performance Of Rihanna's "Umbrella"

A choice. Gwen Stefani covered Rihanna's "Umbrella" at night one of her new Las Vegas residency, Just A Girl.

A choice. Gwen Stefani covered Rihanna's "Umbrella" at night one of her new Las Vegas residency, Just A Girl.

[adinserter block="1"]

Sin City got bananas Wednesday night (June 27) when Stefani kicked off her new show at the Zappos Theater inside Planet Hollywood (where Britney Spears performed Piece Of Me and JLo's All I Have residency takes place).

The first show featured wardrobe malfunctions, impromptu chats with the audience and performances of her biggest hits (see the setlist below).

[adinserter block="2"]

One of those included her take on Rihanna's iconic Good Girl Gone Bad track. It was an... interesting spin on it. Look, "Umbrella" is a challenging song to tackle, but Gwen held her own.

Gwen Stefani's Just A Girl setlist:

"Hollaback Girl"

"Bathwater"

"Baby Don't Lie"

"It's My Life"

"Spiderwebs"

"Sunday Morning"

"Underneath It All"

"The Tide is High"

"Ex-Girlfriend"

"Hella Good"

"Harajuku Girls"

"Wind It Up"

"Rich Girl"

"Cool"

"Luxurious"

"Umbrella"

"What You Waiting For?"

"Simple Kind of Life"

"Used to Love You"

"Misery"

"Don't Speak"

"Make Me Like You"

"Hey Baby"

"Just a Girl"

"The Sweet Escape"

Watch below:

[adinserter block="3"]

#gwenstefani #justagirlvegas

A post shared by mia (@stefaniigx) on

IM SO PROUD #gwenstefani

A post shared by Gwen Stefani (@gwenstefanipics) on

#gwenvegas #gwenstefani #lasvegas #frontrow @gwenstefani

A post shared by Eric Molina (@ericmolina89) on

Thoughts on Gwen's Rihanna cover? Leave a comment below!

And while you're at it... follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

• Upvote 1

outift better than POM for sure :mhm: but it lacks atmosphere which brit has in her concerts...or is it just short video :brityawning:

• Upvote 4

:xfactorlook: was bland, i think she should stick to her own songs... also the outfit didn't really match the song. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

that reads weird. maybe it should be 'kicks off'.

• Upvote 1

Looks boring and she's doing like 16 dates this year :ehum: what's the point tho? is not like she has a busy schedule. :usher:

• Upvote 1

I like Gwen but I feel she lacks stage presence (at least in this video) :decisions:

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, RobRocks said:

I like Gwen but I feel she lacks stage presence (at least in this video) :decisions:

Never saw her perform before now but i think she actually has a stage presence here. Interacting with the audience, touching their hands, enjoying it. :mhmnod:

• Upvote 4

No shade but I recognize like 6 songs on that Setlist, and one of them being Riri's:smokney2:

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I would never, ever, pay to see her "live." Looks lame AF.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Where are 'Early winter' and '4 in the morning' ? :lessons:

Not the best outfits (very unflattering for her body), not the best voice, not the best dancing,  not the best setting but somehow I would still go :tiffanynod:

• Upvote 10

I LOVE Gwen Stefani! I went to The Sweet Escape Tour and the This Is What The Truth Feels Like Tour and they were both so amazing. The Sweet Escape Tour was more of a pop show and Truth Tour was more like a rock show. But both were fantastic. I bet this Vegas show is a mix. She DEF has stage presence though she's a wonderful live entertainer bc she is LIVE. She comes from a rock band so her shows have that same feel of everything truly being live.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

No shade but I recognize like 6 songs on that Setlist, and one of them being Riri's:smokney2:

you must be really really young bc it's almost all singles

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I LOVE Gwen Stefani! I went to The Sweet Escape Tour and the This Is What The Truth Feels Like Tour and they were both so amazing. The Sweet Escape Tour was more of a pop show and Truth Tour was more like a rock show. But both were fantastic. I bet this Vegas show is a mix. She DEF has stage presence though she's a wonderful live entertainer bc she is LIVE. She comes from a rock band so her shows have that same feel of everything truly being live.

I went to the Harajuku Lovers Tour and it was so good!  Such a fun time. 

I love Britney but ppl going in on other artists in Britney’s current state just gets me. We aren’t in 2004 anymore. This isn’t directed at you. Just a general thought 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

you must be really really young bc it's almost all singles

I'm 27, I just don't listen to her music

12 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I went to the Harajuku Lovers Tour and it was so good!  Such a fun time. 

I love Britney but ppl going in on other artists in Britney’s current state just gets me. We aren’t in 2004 anymore. This isn’t directed at you. Just a general thought 

Maybe because you obviously have a problem with Britney, if you don't like her (stating the obvious) just move on girl, it's just sad tbh, is not like you're a teenager tho, stop reflecting your bad sh!t on her in this forum, like, you don't have anything else to do? Britney floppping, oh she deserves it because she's lazy but  Floptina flopping 3rd time in a row because of her laziness, the bitch didn't bother to promote after june 15 oh, it's a great flop, I don't mind, she's great, I've seen you doing this, you're so goddamn annoying, god. 

7 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

I'm 27, I just don't listen to her music

oh well there are 19 No Doubt/Gwen hits in there plus some flop songs and 2 hit covers so i dont believe you only recognized a few of the songs if you're 27 lol

Going to be dragged for saying this, but from the little Ive seen, it looks better than POM :onpoint:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

oh well there are 19 No Doubt/Gwen hits in there plus some flop songs and 2 hit covers so i dont believe you only recognized a few of the songs if you're 27 lol

Maybe I would recognize more if they were playing and not just based on song titles. Either way no one is asking you to believe lol

4 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

Maybe I would recognize more if they were playing and not just based on song titles. Either way no one is asking you to believe lol

Well your attempt at shade isn't valid when it's literally full of hits whether you listen to them or not lol

• Upvote 1

So this is Britney related .. :zoomzoom:

• Upvote 3

I had no clue gwen was getting a las vegas residency? :watrusayin:

• Upvote 2

Watched a ton of clips on Instagram.

Looks like a very involved show with good production. 

However, she just insn’t an extremely captivating live performer in my opinion. Britney has natural stage presence that makes you want to watch but Gwen just bores me slightly. 

Show looks great, but it just doesn’t interest me that much.

• Upvote 2