music

music 8 Britney Spears Songs for Your Pride Month Playlist by Billboard

"In a handwritten letter to her LGBTQ fans published by Billboard Pride last year, Britney Spears expressed her love and appreciation for the community: “Your stories are what inspire me, bring me joy and make me and my sons strive to be better people.” Whether filming an anti-bullying video for Spirit Day, writing to a young gay fan who was thinking of committing suicide, joining forces with other artists to sing for the Pulse victims, or appearing in a video in Brazil that denounced anti-gay violence, Britney has been an invaluable ally to the community, from her early days as a cute pop princess to her current status of cultural icon.

Earlier this year, the pop icon received the GLAAD Vanguard Award for promoting LGBTQ rights, and her impassioned acceptance speech nearly brought the house down: “We can all join hands together here and know that we are all beautiful. And we can lift each other up and show our gifts without hesitation,” Brit told an electrified crowd."

Here’s a look at eight must-have Britney hits for your Pride playlist:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/pride/8461973/britney-spears-songs-lgbt-gay-pride-playlist

Which song would you add? :yesplease:

• Upvote 2

I would add Hold it against me, Toxic, Breathe on me. I have to say that I would remove freak show 

mood ring is my jam

This is the gayest they could do? 

• Upvote 1

how are any of these besides maybe "Alien" and "Stronger" relevant.. and "Freakshow"? :nyheadache: is the author of the article implying gays are freaks? pride parades are pretty freaky I guess.. :ponderney:

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, cheri said:

FREAKSHOW LMAOOOOOOOOOO @Lilith

LMAOOOOOOOOO AND STRONGERRRRRR, ALIENNNNNN (LMAO f**king ALIEN!!!!) anything for the precious LGBTG00G00ACH00WTFFML communityZ :cackling: "Pride month" with the prideeee parades is more like "embarrassing-and-celebrities-riding-the-LGKBKDSFK bandwagon" month :cackling:
Britney getting the GLAADG00 award and riding that bandwagon for her precious somewhat girls :cackling:

f**king Freakshow and Alien :cackling:
Howling:cackling:
20ih17k.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Lilith said:

LMAOOOOOOOOO AND STRONGERRRRRR, ALIENNNNNN (LMAO f**king ALIEN!!!!) anything for the precious LGBTG00G00ACH00WTFFML communityZ :cackling: "Pride month" with the prideeee parades is more like "embarrassing-and-celebrities-riding-the-LGKBKDSFK bandwagon" month :cackling:
Britney getting the GLAADG00 award and riding that bandwagon for her precious somewhat girls :cackling:

f**king Freakshow and Alien :cackling:
Howling:cackling:
20ih17k.jpg

LMAOOOOOOOO I GUESS THE GAYZ ARE GONNA CONVENIENTLY FORGET THAT MYAH IS ALL OVER WB AND ALIEN FOR THE MONTH?20ih17k.jpg

NEXT MONTH THEY WILL BE CRYING ABOUT MYAH AGAIN THO 20ih17k.jpg

"I DONT WANT MYAHHH ON THE RECORD BUT OMG...WB AND ALIEN ARE MA PRIDE SONGZ!!!! TY BRITNEY I MEAN MYAH!!" 20ih17k.jpg

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

Where's Get Naked? Where's Breathe On Me?

people who have work myah and myahlien as their "GAY PRIDEZ" anthems don't deserve those songs 20ih17k.jpg

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

@cheri @Lilith

my god, the XXXTentacion gifs.. :sippinga:

what bout em :sippinga:

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, cheri said:

what bout em :sippinga:

I'm deceased.. :tiffanynod: sad that the FarmVille piggy got replaced but this is just as amazing.. :oknolol:

• Upvote 2

Just now, I Always Sing Live said:

I'm deceased.. :tiffanynod: sad that the FarmVille piggy got replaced but this is just as amazing.. :oknolol:

the piggy will be back soon too! perhaps even make a guest appearance in this! 20ih17k.jpg

• Upvote 2

That playlist deffo needs more than 8 songs. BOMT and Toxic for starters.

1 hour ago, Isla. said:

That playlist deffo needs more than 8 songs. BOMT and Toxic for starters.

For me Toxic has always been "the straightest" Britney song in my mind - ask every straight nonfan about their favorite Britney song or even one random song and they'd probably say Toxic (or maybe BOMT but that one is a popcultural phenomenon so it's obvious). 

But yeah, every song could apply to anyone, I don't believe that anything art-related could be classified by sexuality/gender/whatever ... That's the point of art. :tiffanynod:

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TheCharmedTributes1 said:

For me Toxic has always been "the straightest" Britney song in my mind - ask every straight nonfan about their favorite Britney song or even one random song and they'd probably say Toxic (or maybe BOMT but that one is a popcultural phenomenon so it's obvious). 

But yeah, every song could apply to anyone, I don't believe that anything art-related could be classified by sexuality/gender/whatever ... That's the point of art. :tiffanynod:

I agree, although there are some songs considered Gay Anthems too. Britney hasn't really had one though.

3 minutes ago, Isla. said:

I agree, although there are some songs considered Gay Anthems too. Britney hasn't really had one though.

Sure, but again I think it's up to personal interpretation. For example I don't feel connected to any of the songs that are usually named as gay anthems...

• Upvote 1

1. STRONGER
2. TOXIC
3. WORK BITCH
4. GIMME MORE
5. BODY ACHE DAVE AUDE REMIX
6. BOYS
7. SLAVE FOR YOU
8. BREAK THE ICE 
9. 3
10. DO YOU WANNA COME OVER?

thank you and goodnight. 

Swap Freakshow with Get Naked

And replace Slumber Party with...something that makes sense. Maybe HIAM? My Prerogative? DYWCO?

if y'all consider something a gay anthem just because it's a club banger and the singer serves "lewks" in the video (example: "Work Bish"), y'all got no standards.. :nyheadache:

that list should have started and ended with "Stronger" but even then.. it's a typical breakup song but I guess if you want to stretch it as a "self empowerment" anthem, it could kinda work.. :sippinga: