breatheheavy

Ariana Grande And Nicki Minaj Illuminate A Gloomy Forest In "The Light Is Coming" Video

Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj dropped the music video for "The Light Is Coming."

Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj dropped the music video for "The Light Is Coming."

[adinserter block="1"]

The song was released last night (June 19), and I said all I wanted to about it in this post.

No shade, but there isn't much to talk about regarding the new video. It's a Reebok exclusive, so there's lots of product placement.

The entire clip is Ariana and Nicki looking killer under different glowing lights in a drab forest setup. It's got zero replay value, but it's worth a watch at least once.

Check it out below:

[adinserter block="2"]

[adinserter block="3"]

Thoughts on the new video? Leave a comment below!

And while you're at it... follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

• Upvote 1

She looks pretty in the video, but I don't really like the song. Who is the man speaking in the background from? Is it from a movie/tv show?

A 5 dollar budget music video for a very mediocre song at best. When I heard Nicki's verse teased I was excited but hearing the full thing it's just a disappointment and the stupid talking in the background isn't necessary at all. 

• Upvote 3

This is actually pretty interesting, but then again I just smoked a blunt so it could be terrible in the morning. But kudo's for and to them for not doing a complete green screen visual.  :cigney:

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, LBoggie said:

She looks pretty in the video, but I don't really like the song. Who is the man speaking in the background from? Is it from a movie/tv show?

This sample is taken from a 2009 confrontation between a member of the public and Pennsylvania Senator Arlen Specter (D). The public meeting erupted into anger over the issue of private insurance under the Democratic healthcare proposal. One man stood up in anger and responded out of turn:

I am going to speak my mind before I leave because your people told me I could. I called your office and I was told I could have the mic […] because I came prepared to speak, and, instead, you wouldn’t let anybody speak…"

Senator Specter exclaiming “Wait a minute” was also sampled in N.E.R.D.’s “Lemon,” connecting the two tracks produced by Pharrell.

The sample adds a subtle political subtext to Ariana’s lyrics about light overcoming darkness.

Apparently it became a Pharrell thing lately to use political stuff in his songs.

I really like the video, they both look amazing. At first I didn't like the song at all but it's growing on me :bop:

• Upvote 1

love the song but the video is boring :arianabye:

• Upvote 1

That song is a no no and the video seems like they just wanted to get over with it quickly :xfactorlook:

so cheap ari so cheap 

they say you become as people you hangout with / you know what I mean. That is relating to her new sound... reductive

The song is interesting but it’s one of her weakest songs in recent times. 

The video is a mess. It’s something I could see Britney doing for b10 first single. 

Still better than MM though :jlostare:

• Upvote 1

the song is very Pharrell but not in a good way.. it's trash to be quite frank.. not sure what's up with the trend to repeat the same word or phrase through the whole chorus.. :sippinga: Ari is still hot though and as a gay guy, I'd still smash in a heartbeat! :tiffanynod:

• Upvote 1

THE LIGHT IS COMING - The Fox :tiffeyeroll:  (What Does The Fox Say?) 

Tbh The video is bad but the song is even worse. I didnt expect that. 

I like the song and video. I felt like was jamming to an old school Fergie reject. :janet::useeingthis:

• Upvote 2

Disappointed, No Tears made me almost a stan but this track.. jesus :ugh:

Holy sh!t I love this new ariana yassss

Now i know why she doesn’t dance, she’s got zero rhythm, she couldn’t even move her shoulders in time with the beat. 

Idk how it’s possible that she seems to have gotten even less mature than the last era.

• Upvote 1

It seems hard to do a better album than the last one. This track is creative but total filler, Pharrell productions lately arent catchy enough to be bothered with visuals.

damn why do they always give her the best songs :decisions:

horrible personality, great songs

• Upvote 1

song suck