Inuyasha

I NEED HELP

So after months of working a miserable job at Denny's, I finally saved up enough money to treat myself with a  2009 Prius for my 16th Birthday which is in exactly a month :pieceofwhat:.Anyways, I'm taking my drivers lisence test soon, any heads up/advice/tips I can use to help me pass? Thx daddies:sendinglove:

(It would also help alot if you live in Arizona so I could have an even more in depth heads up:))

14 hours ago, MissKnee said:

So after months of working a miserable job at DENNY'S

:gimmemoar: I don't know why but that part made me laugh

• Upvote 1

I live in California so idk if it's the same, but I did it on impulse. I have really bad insomnia sometimes and there was a specific time where it was like 1 in the morning and I just randomly decided to go online and memorize the test questions and answers for the written test. (I didn't bother reading the DMV booklet it was so boring) :nyheadache:

I went in later that day and passed it like nothing, so throw the little manual away and just memorize the practice test questions and answers :mhm:

• Upvote 1

Omg congrats on saving up for that Prius! :yasqueen: I wanna own a Prius too ngl but I need to save my coins! :wontcry:

I’m a Californian so while idk about the specifics of Arizona driving laws, what I can say is this: the DMV book is boring, but it literally has the answers for the written test in it. I maybe spent a couple hours reviewing it a couple days before taking my test, and passed with flying colors! :queenflopga: It’s generally pretty easy; if you don’t know an answer definitely, using common sense will usually help you along.

As for the actual driving test, I prepared by doing one session with a driving instructor, which was helpful because my parents were hella stressful to be in the car with and “learn from.” :cackling: I did drive them around for errands so I got the experience of driving though.

When you’re taking the driving test and the instructor is in your car, don’t play music and don’t have the windows rolled down. Before driving, check all your mirrors (and even exaggerate to show them that you’re checking), and then follow all directives; don’t go over speed limits, put your blinkers on ahead of time, try not to brake too hard, and generally you should be fine! :tehe:

Best of luck to you! :queenflopga: Let us know when you pass! :uknowit:

2 hours ago, JustLuvMe said:

I live in California

Omg yas Californian sistren :OMGney: slay us living in the best state evah :queenflopga:

• Upvote 1

ok just curious first of all how were you working for months at Denny's as a 15 year old? Damn finding a job is hard for me and I'm 19 and don't you have to be 16 to work or is that just California.

Also you all are giving him advice for a permit test, he probably needs help with the actual driving test where he's behind the wheel.

I would say to look up the route you'll be driving and practice it with an adult as many times as possible before you take it! Good luck! And if you fail it's not the end of the world, you can always take again.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Spongbob said:

:gimmemoar: I don't know why but that part made me laugh

IT REALLY IS MISERABLE. I live in a small border town in AZ so there's nothing much in it, the biggest building You'll find there is a Walmart lmfao. My highschool is the only one in town so EVERYBODY goes there, we have like 5000 students (not even kidding). Now that you have a visual of how cramped and underdeveloped the city is, Denny's is the only restaurant in town that isnt a mcdonalds so EVERYONE goes there, so it's always packed af. Since I live literally a block away from Mexico, my mexican not so mexican ass doesn't speak the best Spanish or the best English, so trying to understand the super mexicans and the super whites is very hard and I often get scolded alot for taking a long time, its just a disaster:mcorangu:

1 hour ago, HuffingAndPuffingOnStage said:

ok just curious first of all how were you working for months at Denny's as a 15 year old? Damn finding a job is hard for me and I'm 19 and don't you have to be 16 to work or is that just California.

Also you all are giving him advice for a permit test, he probably needs help with the actual driving test where he's behind the wheel.

I would say to look up the route you'll be driving and practice it with an adult as many times as possible before you take it! Good luck! And if you fail it's not the end of the world, you can always take again.

In my town people start working as early as 12 :bigtime:. And thank you for the advice! I have to take the written one too lol so i'm glad I'm not the only one just memorizing the questions from the practice tests:orangu:

5 hours ago, JustLuvMe said:

I live in California so idk if it's the same, but I did it on impulse. I have really bad insomnia sometimes and there was a specific time where it was like 1 in the morning and I just randomly decided to go online and memorize the test questions and answers for the written test. (I didn't bother reading the DMV booklet it was so boring) :nyheadache:

I went in later that day and passed it like nothing, so throw the little manual away and just memorize the practice test questions and answers :mhm:

Thats what I'm gonna do, the booklet is 60 pages and there is no way in hell I'm gonna read it all:bigtime:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SlayOut said:

Omg congrats on saving up for that Prius! :yasqueen: I wanna own a Prius too ngl but I need to save my coins! :wontcry:

I’m a Californian so while idk about the specifics of Arizona driving laws, what I can say is this: the DMV book is boring, but it literally has the answers for the written test in it. I maybe spent a couple hours reviewing it a couple days before taking my test, and passed with flying colors! :queenflopga: It’s generally pretty easy; if you don’t know an answer definitely, using common sense will usually help you along.

As for the actual driving test, I prepared by doing one session with a driving instructor, which was helpful because my parents were hella stressful to be in the car with and “learn from.” :cackling: I did drive them around for errands so I got the experience of driving though.

When you’re taking the driving test and the instructor is in your car, don’t play music and don’t have the windows rolled down. Before driving, check all your mirrors (and even exaggerate to show them that you’re checking), and then follow all directives; don’t go over speed limits, put your blinkers on ahead of time, try not to brake too hard, and generally you should be fine! :tehe:

Best of luck to you! :queenflopga: Let us know when you pass! :uknowit:

Thank you! I'm just glad i can stop driving illegally (been doing it since i was like 11, so I like to say I'm good at driving):pieceofwhat:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MissKnee said:

Thank you! I'm just glad i can stop driving illegally (been doing it since i was like 11, so I like to say I'm good at driving):pieceofwhat:

Omg :dead: I must have missed that part nnnnnnn :cackling: Well, you should be fine! Just scan through the booklet and slay at your driving per usual! :tiffanynod:

• Upvote 1

You will be fine, trust me. I think we were all nervous for our driving test. Just breathe, practice, and study the practice tests and you'll be good. 

Mans if it makes you feel better, I have 2 friends who failed their drivers test the first time they took it. They were embarrassed at the time, but it's something they don't think about years later, you'll be good! :brityes:

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, SlayOut said:

Omg yas Californian sistren :OMGney: slay us living in the best state evah :queenflopga:

West coast baby yasssssss, when will the rest of these hoes :groovin:

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, SlayOut said:

@MissKnee Any new updates? :lessons:

Im still not old enough to take it. I need to wait till I turn 16:juggingu:

7 minutes ago, MissKnee said:

Im still not old enough to take it. I need to wait till I turn 16:juggingu:

In the OP you said your birthday is in a month, so it must be soon? :tiffhair:

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SlayOut said:

In the OP you said your birthday is in a month, so it must be soon? :tiffhair:

Yup, the 13th:OMGney: