Jump to content
news

news Report- Christina Aguilera's New Album Set To Tank On The Charts - Update Liberation flops

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Isla. said:

How did the album do in the end?

better than expected but not successfull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

better than expected but not successfull.

Oh where did it chart? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Isla. said:

Oh where did it chart? 

still havent seen anything official some say 3 some say 5. I think 5 is more likely.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

still havent seen anything official some say 3 some say 5. I think 5 is more likely.

I mean that's actually better than I expected. Also isn't it selling better than Lotus so far?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Isla. said:

I mean that's actually better than I expected. Also isn't it selling better than Lotus so far?

yes but it has a tour bundle.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Predicted at #6 with around 70k including a tour bundle. This number is OK, but the true test will be how many copies it sells next week. If she manages another 20-30k I’d consider that alright, any less than that and I would say “flop”. 

 

I found the album to be kind of bland, but I have no reason to want her to flop, so good luck to her. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

The album isn't bad, but it's too slow, too many interludes.

I will listen it again.

I love Twice, Right Moves, Like I Do and Pipe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Invitation said:

70k SPS is good for her wtf that's not a complete flop.

It’s because of the tour bundle though

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2018 at 6:34 PM, Trentals said:

(Lotus has sold more than Glory too 

Lotus was her 5th album released in 2012 while Glory was Britney’s 9TH ALBUM RELEASED IN 2016 :surething:

 

On 6/10/2018 at 6:43 PM, LBoggie said:

she should make it special and interact or do something special for them for this release.

Totally, I mean they will have to wait another 6 years or even more :blol::apple:

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Million Billion said:

Lotus was her 5th album released in 2012 while Glory was Britney’s 9TH ALBUM RELEASED IN 2016 :surething:

 

Totally, I mean they will have to wait another 6 years or even more :blol::apple:

Idk are they that dumb to compare a 2012 released album with a 2016?????

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Million Billion said:

Lotus was her 5th album released in 2012 while Glory was Britney’s 9TH ALBUM RELEASED IN 2016 :surething:

 

 

ı'm quoting you because this reminds me of something, there is something that britney fans don't take into consideration while comparing britney's sales to christina's sales.we all know that britney has sold more records than christina but christina doesn't release albums as often as britney (which is the main reason why she's flopping in my opinion) and until she released her second album stripped in 2002 britney had already released three albums and stripped was released at a time when illegal downloading was becoming more prevalent.maybe christina still wouldn't sell as much as britney if she released albums back to back like her but maybe she would.ı think if she didn't take that long break between her first two albums (she released an album that had some new spanish songs on it along with the spanish versions of some of the songs from her debut album and a christmas album.ı don't think it's the same thing with releasing a brand new normal english album) and didn't take very long breaks between other albums too her numbers could have been closer to britney's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The comparisons bore me now - from both sets of fans. We should just appreciate they're both still out here releasing quality music - and let's be honest, any rivalry they had back in the day is long over with. Liberation is a strong album, regardless of how much it goes on to sell.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, britisthecolor said:

ı'm quoting you because this reminds me of something, there is something that britney fans don't take into consideration while comparing britney's sales to christina's sales.we all know that britney has sold more records than christina but christina doesn't release albums as often as britney (which is the main reason why she's flopping in my opinion) and until she released her second album stripped in 2002 britney had already released three albums and stripped was released at a time when illegal downloading was becoming more prevalent.maybe christina still wouldn't sell as much as britney if she released albums back to back like her but maybe she would.ı think if she didn't take that long break between her first two albums (she released an album that had some new spanish songs on it along with the spanish versions of some of the songs from her debut album and a christmas album.ı don't think it's the same thing with releasing a brand new normal english album) and didn't take very long breaks between other albums too her numbers could have been closer to britney's.

HAHAHAH this is the worst explanation for xtina constant flopping. Why is it so hard to admit she doesnt appeal to the GP anymore?

I ttlly respect her but all these excuses trying to justify her flopping situation make look her fandom desperate.

9tCBdWIr8ZrKU.gif

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s pretty clear some people on this board don’t read entire posts and obviously don’t get sarcasm :ririshade2:

 

ANYWAY, no one checks for Xtina anymore. After waiting this long to release an album, you would think at least the music would be good, but it’s not. It deserves to flop. 

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Trentals said:

It’s pretty clear some people on this board don’t read entire posts and obviously don’t get sarcasm :ririshade2:

 

ANYWAY, no one checks for Xtina anymore. After waiting this long to release an album, you would think at least the music would be good, but it’s not. It deserves to flop. 

HOT TEA HAS BEEN SPILLED.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Toxic.Latin said:

 Why is it so hard to admit she doesnt appeal to the GP anymore?

 

you turned out to be even stupider than ı thought you were.ı admitted that she was flopping (ı literally said "which is the main reason why she's FLOPPING in my opinion") and why is she flopping?because she doesn't appeal to gp.if someone doesn't appeal to gp they flop.so it means that ı accept and admit that she doesn't appeal to gp.got it??also there is nothing illogical about what ı said, she is around for nineteen years and released six albums.she is not active enough, of course it plays a big role in her flopping.of course gp won't give a f**k about her lazy ass.ı can't believe that ı have to explain something so simple.ı say she is flopping and you come and ask why it is so hard for me to accept that she doesn't appeal to gp anymore.like, wtf?that's what ı was talking about.ı can't believe you are that thick.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, britisthecolor said:
19 hours ago, Million Billion said:

 

ı'm quoting you because this reminds me of something, there is something that britney fans don't take into consideration while comparing britney's sales to christina's sales.we all know that britney has sold more records than christina but christina doesn't release albums as often as britney (which is the main reason why she's flopping in my opinion) and until she released her second album stripped in 2002 britney had already released three albums 

Well, that's even worse, that just shows (aside from being pop music products) the people's reception to both Xtina and Britney. I love Christina but she always came at 2nd place. We cant deny xtina has a better vocal/singing ability but that's not the 100%

Britney was able to make the "click" in people that turned her into a music phenomenon, she always had that X Factor Christina has always lacked of, and that kept people thirsty for what was gonna come next. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Alexa said:

The comparisons bore me now - from both sets of fans. We should just appreciate they're both still out here releasing quality music - and let's be honest, any rivalry they had back in the day is long over with. Liberation is a strong album, regardless of how much it goes on to sell.

Sorry but the 6 looooooong years wait wasn't worth it. The entire album is a bunch of random fillers. I can't say I liked at least one song because they all suck. Yes, we know Christina has an amazing voice but it frustrates me that it is so wasted with those stupid songs that make 0 sense at all. She can easily make masterpieces like Beautiful, Hurt or You Lost Me. 

It's as frustrating as when we complain for Britney's ridiculous choreography when we know she is able to do amazing routines but she chooses no to do so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

Well, that's even worse, that just shows (aside from being pop music products) the people's reception to both Xtina and Britney. I love Christina but she always came at 2nd place. We cant deny xtina has a better vocal/singing ability but that's not the 100%

Britney was able to make the "click" in people that turned her into a music phenomenon, she always had that X Factor Christina has always lacked of, and that kept people thirsty for what was gonna come next. 

ı am not sure if my reply and this reply have a correlation but ı agree with you to a large extent except christina is more interesting than the other powerhouse vocalists for me so ı think she has the x factor.but britney had been more likeable and she was also unique.all ı'm saying is maybe christina could have sold more if she released albums back to back in the beginning of her career like britney, when the albums were still selling.if we can say that lotus sold more than glory because it was released before, we can say what ı said too.like ı said, that reply reminded me of something (the comparisons, the discussions ı've seen before) so ı just wanted to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, britisthecolor said:

ı am not sure if my reply and this reply have a correlation but ı agree with you to a large extent except christina is more interesting than the other powerhouse vocalists for me so ı think she has the x factor.but britney had been more likeable and she was also unique.all ı'm saying is maybe christina could have sold more if she released albums back to back in the beginning of her career like britney, when the albums were still selling.if we can say that lotus sold more than glory because it was released before, we can say what ı said too.like ı said, that reply reminded me of something (the comparisons, the discussions ı've seen before) so ı just wanted to say.

Well she did not. End of story. 

Stop discrediting Britney's success by implying it was just bec she struck while the iron is hot. Besides there was.. or rather IS a demand for her thats why she keeps on selling.

Amd please stop trying to be diplomatic etc when ur clearly trying to elevate Xtina to a lrvel she is not. I respect her as a singer and i appreciate Liberation but stop with your senseless logic

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, britisthecolor said:

ı'm quoting you because this reminds me of something, there is something that britney fans don't take into consideration while comparing britney's sales to christina's sales.we all know that britney has sold more records than christina but christina doesn't release albums as often as britney (which is the main reason why she's flopping in my opinion) and until she released her second album stripped in 2002 britney had already released three albums and stripped was released at a time when illegal downloading was becoming more prevalent.maybe christina still wouldn't sell as much as britney if she released albums back to back like her but maybe she would.ı think if she didn't take that long break between her first two albums (she released an album that had some new spanish songs on it along with the spanish versions of some of the songs from her debut album and a christmas album.ı don't think it's the same thing with releasing a brand new normal english album) and didn't take very long breaks between other albums too her numbers could have been closer to britney's.

Maybe Christina's debut, Stripped and Back to Basics if released like Britney's first three back to back years I agree, but Britney still would've continued to sell more.

Even as Glory slayed Liberation first week sales. You have to take into account Christina's reputation in the industry as a bitch that attacks and thinks she better than others.

Also take into account Christina never does many Iconic videos aside from Dirrty, what video does the GP know of?

I also think Christina hasn't done much to reinvent her videos and now she mostly screams through many of her performances.

Christina is always to quick to attack people that lip yet she does as well.

You do become less relevant when you take more time between albums however I think her music still would've continued to tank.

I'm not sure what her fan base consists of now, but Britney had it the worst in the public eye.

Britney had a breakdown in front of the world, Britney has been trashed through the media and papers more than Christina and Britney's other peers.

Yet with all of that Britney has continued to have more #1 albums, #1 solo singles and continued success in music and more.

Bottom line is that Christina didn't bring anything new with Bionic, Lotus, and Liberation isn't really anything new.

Poor single choices, poor videos, and poor management promotion plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Glamoramazon said:

Well she did not. End of story. 

Stop discrediting Britney's success by implying it was just bec she struck while the iron is hot. Besides there was.. or rather IS a demand for her thats why she keeps on selling.

Amd please stop trying to be diplomatic etc when ur clearly trying to elevate Xtina to a lrvel she is not. I respect her as a singer and i appreciate Liberation but stop with your senseless logic

how am ı discrediting britney's success?she released albums back to back at a time when albums were still selling and it is true.not everyone who released at that time was successful, britney had good songs, a unique voice, outstanding videos and performances so people were interested in her.ı've never ever implied that she was successful only because she struck while the iron was hot.ı didn't mention the other factors because we were talking about years.ı said maybe christina could have been more successful if she was more active and ı don't see how it is senseless and how ı am discrediting britney's success by saying that.ı have already explained why ı wrote it, who the f**k are you to tell me off like that and order me to stop?ı said that ı find christina interesting and that she has more potential and it is my opinion.ı'm not gonna ask your permission to state my opinion.you are being a jerk for no reason.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×