Brichney.

"I don't know... I really don't know.... I think it's just a song"

I can't understand some of the things she says, sometimes. :cackling:

This was when that James guy asked her about her song "Oops," she said she thinks "it's just a song" .. slay, I guess. :slowdown:

• Upvote 2

It has no meaning to her probably, Queen of disregarding her own discography :yasqueen:

• Upvote 14

Believe me, she said worse things. I could quote, but, man, I don't think you have time to read something that lasts like all Harry Potter together :cackling:

And it surprising because the  sentence you quoted  it's really something... Meh... :idgi: 

• Upvote 2

I would have like her to say “well it was my second album and the first one was a success so oops i did it again: i went multiplatinum again lol”  but we know she doesn’t brag

• Upvote 9

When has she said that?

Never mind, I found it.

4 minutes ago, Damon said:

She probably thinks will.i.am wrote it :slowdown:

''I was in the studio with will.i.am and we came up with the concept, it was really cool.'' 

• Upvote 16

9 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

the poor girl was a bundle of nerves and anxiety during that sketch, I bet if she was asked what was her last name she would've said something like "I don't know, I think it's just a regular last name" :idkney:

if she was so scared, she shouldn't have done it. There's nothing wrong with anxiety, just don't flaunt and exploit it like that, you know? I ain't hating on her, I just don't understand. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

Just now, Daxx said:

''I was in the studio with will.i.am and we came up with the concept, it was really cool.'' 

"artsy fartsy" "really, really cool and fun and sexy and just cool" 

that's enough vocab to get her into the University of Michigan's English dept or Columbia University's School of Journalism :yasqueen:

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Brichney. said:

if she was so scared, she shouldn't have done it. There's nothing wrong with anxiety, just don't flaunt and exploit it like that, you know? I ain't hating on her, I just don't understand. 

if she knew it was gonna be so uncomfortable, I'm sure she wouldn't have done it. She clearly didn't even know what the show was about til she was already there lol

Since it first aired everybody made a big deal for that quote, and I got it, I mean, I was a little baffled when I was watching it for the first time on my TV too, but then I kept watching it on YT and it was pretty obvious she just wasn't in the most ideal state of mind when she answered that. She totally blanked out.

And the whole sketch is full of very curious quotes, like the one about being done with men or the tingles fetish, that we just can't take seriously. I think there's nothing else to understand besides the fact that she just blurps whatever comes to her mind without filters when she's in those awkward situations. 

• Upvote 8

The worst part is her saying "I really don't know". Like... :cackling:

• Upvote 3

GP liked that tho. I saw a comment in Youtube saying "that's the most honest thing a singer could say about a song" :bcutelaugh:

• Upvote 12

I mean oops isn’t the most deep song.

“This song is about my man on the moon who got the ring from that old lady. It was very sweet and cool” 

I bet if he asked her about everytime she’d say something more

• Upvote 3

ugh. this makes me sad.

she lives in a bubble and seems so confused about her past. :yasqueen:

maybe she's bipolar? :calculating:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

if she knew it was gonna be so uncomfortable, I'm sure she wouldn't have done it. She clearly didn't even know what the show was about til she was already there lol

Since it first aired everybody made a big deal for that quote, and I got it, I mean, I was a little baffled when I was watching it for the first time on my TV too, but then I kept watching it on YT and it was pretty obvious she just wasn't in the most ideal state of mind when she answered that. She totally blanked out.

And the whole sketch is full of very curious quotes, like the one about being done with men or the tingles fetish, that we just can't take seriously. I think there's nothing else to understand besides the fact that she just blurps whatever comes to her mind without filters when she's in those awkward situations. 

I hope y'all would stop justifying bad (stupid) choices. I ain't hating when I call sth stupid, stupid. It's just the truth. I'd say the same if it were sth I'd done. 

• Upvote 1

It's a silly/childish poppy song, what do you expect? A deep and meaningful interpretation? :slowdown: 

But yeah, her replies are so random and out of place, like WTF??!! :idgi:

She could have said something related to the song, what it reminds her, or idk. She simply says in other words: I dont give a f**k. 

• Upvote 4

I think she simply means that she had no personal connection to the lyrics, no? 

• Upvote 1

I never really thought about that quote until people started making a big deal out of it.

She probably meant that the song doesn't have any deep meaning, it's just a poppy teenage song, there's nothing else to it. But we all know Britney sometimes uses the wrong words to say things... And I can relate to that cause I'm a very anxious person too and sometimes I'm scared I'm going to forget even the simplest facts like names and stuff. It's hard for other people to understand that, but it's really difficult and annoying when it happens.

I also remember one of the BJ interviews when the interviewer asked her if she's married or sth like that and she was all like: "No, no, I'm single!" and then immediately added: "But I've got a boyfriend, what am I saying?!" She obviously meant there's no way she'd marry somebody again but she just says things without even filtering them, especially in situation that make her anxious. 

• Upvote 6

What do you want her to say “it’s about oops I slept with you and I don’t want a full commitment,  I played with your heart and I don’t give a f**k, oops you thought I was in love with you and all I wanted was your D,  I’m not that innocent” :pleaseshhh:

• Upvote 8

47 minutes ago, Brichney. said:

I hope y'all would stop justifying bad (stupid) choices. I ain't hating when I call sth stupid, stupid. It's just the truth. I'd say the same if it were sth I'd done. 

I don't justify stupid choices. There are bad choices like the outfits she's ruined by cutting them or the decision to perform the entire POM show wearing a (horrible) wig. But the behavior she's shown in recent years during most of the interviews, or appearances like this one, when she's clearly nervous/anxious/awkward, the things she says aren't the result of "bad decisions", that's just her awkward nature (that apparently didn't have in the past) and I rarely give them any importance or take them seriously, because I'm already used to it at this point.

I don't applaude that or think it's alright for her to be this way though. She really should work in that, just like her lack of confidence onstage. Maybe take therapy or some meditation or maybe she needs to take those pills for concentration or something (or a couple of martinis before every show or interview so she can relax :P ) but I just feel, comprehensive? when she's in situations like this one. Because I know if she was in another environment, under other circumstances, something much more comfortable, her answer and behavior would be very different.

• Upvote 2

I think either she's sick of being asked stuff like this and can't be arsed to explain the lyrical meaning of such a simple song OR she's worried people want her to give some kind if deeper meaning that goes beyond the surface and she doesn't know what that would be.