DignifiedLove

Hold It Against Me is POP PERFECTION.

I love it always, even in times I need to listen to it more than I do, as I'd think and say to myself.

I will never get over the HIAM teasers of M.V. It is kinda in my memory. 

#appreciated

#appreciated

#appreciated

All HAILee the Queen!

Drink up!

Drink up!

Drink up!

To the Queen!!!!

Cheerio!!!!!!!

it's very dated, and it has the lyrics of a katy perry song (worse than mediocre)

i feel nothing for the song nowadays although the bridge is nice but eh 

so is ttwe, but to a lesser extent because it's catchy so...

tbh, many britney fans were disappointed with HIAM back when it was released and i actually defended it as a single but now i see it :truthtea:

I do still LOVE the MV though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DignifiedLove said:

It's unfair to judge a song based off of one's personal life. We're speaking on the aspect and quality content of the song rather than its influencing factors. Like HIAM, Gimme More received praise despite both eras having a hiccup of some sort. 

I know it's unfair, and that's why I can't dare to say it's one of her worst songs, just because I don't like it. I am aware that it actually gave her most of her fans she still has nowadays. However, we can't deny that's also when she lost many of her old fans, or casual fans she used to have since the beginning, and that's not because I say so, but I actually saw it with all the people I know, and it's not that it was bad or good, but it simply meant a huge change in what Britney Spears music used to be. 

The issue here isn't her personal life, it's the fact that if she was in another place physically and mentally, she could've given the song the performance it deserved, a nice music video, and the whole perception of the song would've changed. But if she was in another place in her life, we wouldn't have had Blackout in the first place. 

But yeah, I was talking about my personal point of view, I know many critics still liked Gimme More, although at the end all of that is subjective too. 

I love HIAM! perfect choice for 1st single. she needs to do it live again soon.

I seriously don't get what people see in the song.. :slowdown: the chorus is really quite good but for some reason it builds into nothing and by nothing I mean the god awful chainsaw beat (Bish, I'm Madonna says hi) that sounds like something garbage will.i.am would produce, it's cringy and quite frankly disgusting.. the verses are monotonous trash with 0 melodic quality to them as well.. :toocute: the chorus is the only redeeming quality.. :rlynow:

i can't tell you how many times i watched the MV when it was released, i was obsessed! :bparty:

i do however understand the "dated" comments people are saying but I still like the song :holduplisten:

one of my fave songs to workout to, I love the choreo too, it's a shame it never got a live performance to do it justice

it was good at the time, the lyrics always sounded childish to me

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, britrey said:

I still can remember how it felt like the first time I heard the song in full and in HQ!

I was teary-eyed. :kyliecry:

I remember the first time i heard it, it was in the radio and i said "huh..i wonder who's that" :orangu: 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ElectriqueBrit said:

i always think of tiredney when i listen to it.   :cackling:

We're not talking about Circus here. :cackling:

• Upvote 1

beautiful song, I remember when I was 14 and I SAW THE VIDEO AND THE FIGHT PART...I almost faint, I couldn't help not sharing this beautiful moment so I have to call my mom and show her the video and she was like: :plzexplain::carpoolney:

and  I WAS LIKE: :tysm: ...it was EVERYTHING...my 14 year old me was SNATCH

• Upvote 1

I think it's her best video, in my opinion. And also one of her best songs in her discography.

• Upvote 1

HIAM is what vampires f**k to in monster trucks. The song is amazing, only problem is I can’t decide which is a harder song production wise, HIAM or Work Bitch? Oh the woes of being a Britney stan.  :jackk:  :bwink: