Sign in to follow this  
bbbitchme

Pete Wentz On The Britney Spears Lyric Removed From The New Fall Out Boy Album

https://nylon.com/articles/fall-out-boy-pete-wentz-mania-interview-britney-spears-lyric

I liked the Britney Spears reference, as well.
We had a bigger Britney Spears reference, too. To me, Britney Spears is a mirror we hold up to pop culture: We build her up, tear her down, root for her or against her. I think it says so much more about us as a culture than it does about Britney herself. That line was, “Oops I did it again/ I’ve got my head shaved and my umbrella out/ I just forgot what I was talking about.”:sofedup: The idea is that everybody feels mad or out of their minds at one point, and I think it’s interesting to watch someone be a human being in public for 15 years or longer. But I took it out because I don’t feel comfortable talking about what someone else has been through, and it was more-so that we all feel that way, but some people have to do that in a public way.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, bbbitchme said:

https://nylon.com/articles/fall-out-boy-pete-wentz-mania-interview-britney-spears-lyric

I liked the Britney Spears reference, as well.
We had a bigger Britney Spears reference, too. To me, Britney Spears is a mirror we hold up to pop culture: We build her up, tear her down, root for her or against her. I think it says so much more about us as a culture than it does about Britney herself. That line was, “Oops I did it again/ I’ve got my head shaved and my umbrella out/ I just forgot what I was talking about.”:sofedup: The idea is that everybody feels mad or out of their minds at one point, and I think it’s interesting to watch someone be a human being in public for 15 years or longer. But I took it out because I don’t feel comfortable talking about what someone else has been through, and it was more-so that we all feel that way, but some people have to do that in a public way.

It's an interesting take on that. However crazy the umbrella thing was I always thought that if I was in her situation I would lash out the same. Good thing they removed it, although it seems like a publicity stunt because if no one knew they had it in the song why would they share it now. 

• Upvote 4

The media/fellow celebs are obsessed with the head shaving incident. I can get wanting to talk about how significant her breakdown period was in pop culture, but be more original. 

• Upvote 2

well I actually I don't find it disrespectful towards her... it's more like showing their understanding what she's been thru

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, RedCarpet said:

well I actually I don't find it disrespectful towards her... it's more like showing their understanding what she's been thru

I feel the same way.

2 hours ago, RedCarpet said:

I feel the same way. + they did actually think about it and took it out.

I think this is really endearing. It is in no way insulting her :snarky:

• Upvote 1

Is that the best lyric they could come up with?!?! screams desperation

20 minutes ago, AMERICA'S SWEETHEART said:

Just as bad as the horrible lyrics Britney writes - when she isn't stealing writing credits that is.

The only time she's stolen credits was during BJ, and that was Will.I.Am's fault... he's all about making sure you get the credits - check it out if you don't believe me. Up till then Britney never stole any credits and many songwriters have come forward to say that even though Britney added lines here and there she never took credit for it. I don't know why I'm even entertaining a troll but I thought we should be clear. 

The song is called "Young and Menace" and the song itself talking about falling off the deep end and no way of controlling it or the narrative. I guess it was better that they didn't put it in, but that lyric would further explain the meaning behind the song. It's a great song by the way (that lyric would've fit in so perfectly), go listen you haven't heard it!

no poetry, too in your face, this lyrics are bad taste tbh

Should have been left in. Its not being rude or disrespectful. Whether we like it or not, it was a MASSIVE moment in pop culture. The fact she Is even still alive and releasing music is a miracle. As he says, it says more about US than BRITNEY HERSELF.