breatheheavy

Mariah Carey Drags The Grammys: I Don't Give A Damn About Them

Mariah Carey covers the latest issue of V magazine.

Mariah Carey covers the latest issue of V magazine.

I am so happy she did, because the interview she gave is already a classic.

In her new sit-down chat with the mag, Mimi trolls the Grammys. It's worth mentioning Mariah felt the Recording Academy snubbed her in years' past when she either lost in categories or was snubbed for Album of the Year and Best New Artist in 1991, Best Pop Vocal Album & Best Female R&B Vocal Performance in 1996 and

Best Female R&B Vocal Performance in 1998 (my opinion). Now, she doesn't give a damn, dahling.

[adinserter block="1"]

“In the music business, if you care about the Grammys and submitting your stuff before a certain time frame, you want a single out in the summer, and then you want your record [out] before the Grammy [consideration] deadline, which has changed," she says.

"Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn. I mean. I have five Grammys. That’s cute. There’s people that have been doing this half the time that have twice as many [Grammys]. I won two Grammys the first year that I started, but after that, [the Grammys] are like, 'We don’t go with the people that are selling a lot records and are popular; we’re gonna go the opposite way.' So I got screwed out of certain years. I wasn’t bitter about it. I was just like, okay, well, I guess I’m not standing here barefoot onstage and trying to be a certain way. I’m just me.”

Mariah also opens up about being a business woman, innovating pop-rap crossovers and more. Read the full interview here and check out the entire shoot below:

V Magazine ? March 2018

A post shared by Mariah Carey (@mariahcarey) on

Thoughts? Leave a comment below!

And while you're at it... follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

hey standing barefoot on stage works well at the Grammys. Britney should have done her everytime performance from TOH.

normal_021christina-a_dot_net.jpgnormal_87904285.jpg

grammys lost its credibility after beyonce won 10 grammys each year. i wonder if any1 still thinks grammys are not bought/purchased. :tiffcackle:

• Upvote 7

6 hours ago, 3Pney said:

grammys lost its credibility after beyonce won 10 grammys each year. i wonder if any1 still thinks grammys are not bought/purchased. :tiffcackle:

I wouldn’t be surprised if her dad has them make up categories... and this is coming from a Beyoncé fan :orangu: 

The rock band Queen doesn’t even have 1 and their timeless music legends

• Upvote 5

Justice for Daydream :meltdown:

10 hours ago, DJSLAYZEE said:

The rock band Queen doesn’t even have 1 and their timeless music legends

It's sad when Rihanna has 9 and Taylor Swift has 10 when Queen, The Who, Jimi Hendrix, Tupac have 0 even The Rolling Stones and Elvis only have 3. 

Britney has the same amount of grammy's as Justin Bieber, Meghan Trainor and The Chainsmokers, like how does that even make any sense?!!  :anxiety:

Taylor Swift is 3 grammy's away from having the same amount as Micheal Jackson!!!! Yet Lana Del Rey or Sia have never won anything! 

• Upvote 6

grammys? you mean that award show beyonce owns? k then

• Upvote 1

They may as well change the name to the Beyonces tbh

Woke queen clearly knows what the tea is though. So many artists that have been around for decades miss out on Grammys to flash in the pan artists. Its not a true representation of talent or success. Like even Cher only has 1 Grammy! 

How they could give Xtina the award in 2000 instead of BOMT is beyond me. 

These days, charts and award shows seem so much less relevant. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trentals said:

They may as well change the name to the Beyonces tbh

Woke queen clearly knows what the tea is though. So many artists that have been around for decades miss out on Grammys to flash in the pan artists. Its not a true representation of talent or success. Like even Cher only has 1 Grammy! 

How they could give Xtina the award in 2000 instead of BOMT is beyond me. 

These days, charts and award shows seem so much less relevant. 

OMG THIS!!!! PREACH IT LOUD :pleaseshhh:

Adele and Taylor Swift have two AOTY awards meanwhile Mariah, Prince and Madonna have never won once!! I think both Adele and Taylor are talented but come on, how does Fearless have an AOTY when Purple Rain or Ray of Light doesn't?????

Let's not forget that Blackout never got any nominations :yasqueen:

On 07/03/2018 at 1:32 PM, 3Pney said:

I really love Bey but it boggles me how many awards she and Taylor have. While not only many pop legends, but many music legends in general, have been snubbed. Like, think of a legendary prog rock/glam rock/metal/heavy metal band, you're lucky if they have 1. Bob Marley? 1 post-humous.

• Upvote 1

On 07/03/2018 at 5:32 PM, 3Pney said:

Beyonce has "won" Grammys for remixes of songs and a cover of Etta James' classic. Yeah. :selena:

On 10/03/2018 at 10:13 PM, Applejack said:

I really love Bey but it boggles me how many awards she and Taylor have. While not only many pop legends, but many music legends in general, have been snubbed. Like, think of a legendary prog rock/glam rock/metal/heavy metal band, you're lucky if they have 1. Bob Marley? 1 post-humous.

Because it's a business deal. Kanye outed her during his rant on stage. He said that she told MTV she wouldn't perform unless she would be presented with the Video of the Year Award.