Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Justin Timberlake Sees Sales Surge Following Super Bowl Performance

Sure, the Internet collectively decided Man Of The Woods is not the tea, but that hasn't stopped JT's music from performing exceptionally well.

Justin Timberlake is riding a digital wave.

Sure, the Internet collectively decided Man Of The Woods is not the tea, but that hasn't stopped JT's music from performing exceptionally well.

Woods is on track to debut with just under 300K in sales and top the Billboard 200 chart. 

It gets better. A new report from Nielsen says JT's downloads spiked 534% following his Halftime Show at the Super Bowl last Sunday. The most-streamed track is not from his latest release, however. It's actually his 2013 hit "Mirrors" off The 20/20 Experience. The song racked up more than 322,300 audio streams on Monday alone – a 177% increase from the day prior.

"Can't Stop the Feeling," "Cry Me A River," "Sexyback," "My Love," and "Filthy" also saw a surge in streams. Look familiar? JT performed all of those at Halftime.

When Woods hits No. 1 later this week, it'll mark JT's fourth consecutive No. 1 album and the biggest sales week since Taylor Swift's Reputation (though it won't hold a candle to her sales).

In other words, JT might be the new Katy Perry, but people are still tuning in.

Thoughts? Leave a comment below!

And while you're at it... follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

3 hours ago, Godney's Sweet Ass said:

This happens with every Superbowl performer. 

It's fake news :mhm:

exactly, it'd be sadder (and better) if it didn't help at all

• Upvote 2

Justins worst album is supposed to debut at #1 but britneys past two albums couldn't do that lol. So britney is apparently over or the end is end full swing. Enjoy britney fans the end is here!!!!

• Downvote 1

you're joking right? he was just promoted by pepsi for months and performed on the biggest stage in the world. he is trash but knows how to promote  :arianabye:

• Upvote 2

what are his first weeks numbers, and Glorys?

I'm curious because Glory had absolutely no promo except a few social media posts. And some TV promo for Vegas :bang:

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, resort2havoc said:

you're joking right? he was just promoted by pepsi for months and performed on the biggest stage in the world. he is trash but knows how to promote  :arianabye:

She promoted too for glory but still couldn't hit number one. Your point is?

1 minute ago, Chaoscontrol said:

what are his first weeks numbers, and Glorys?

I'm curious because Glory had absolutely no promo except a few social media posts. And some TV promo for Vegas :bang:

Hmm she also performed on the vmas and didn't help at all

Just now, BritneyJeanAmaze said:

She promoted too for glory but still couldn't hit number one. Your point is?

if you can't understand superbowl promotion vs talk show/radio promotion then you made my point. :arianabye:

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, resort2havoc said:

if you can't understand superbowl promotion vs talk show/radio promotion then you made my point. :arianabye:

She was on awards shows and festivals too

22 minutes ago, BritneyJeanAmaze said:

She was on awards shows and festivals too

But that was ages after the album came out.

• Upvote 6

maybe because his team didnt pick the same week as Barbra Streisand to release the album :meltdown:

• Upvote 1

There have been other albums that debuted number 1 with sales less than BJ and Glory, so that doesn't really mean anything. You have to also remember she released the same week as Florida Georgia Line and Barbara Streisand; yeah, she could've promoted more, but I'm sure the outcome wouldn't have much different. Also, Justin performed on the Super Bowl (it wasn't the best show, but he still got that exposure), and you can't compare that to the VMAs. 

• Upvote 1

If she's not going to promote a lot and have a hit single at the time then she has to release during less competitive weeks. She was also coming off of a flop era(Britney Jean). Justin should be doing much better with the Super Bowl promo slot and he was returning to music after releasing Can't Stop the Feeling which was a big hit. Their situations are completely different. 

britney doesnt promote properly plus he was Just on super bowl 

10 hours ago, breatheheavy said:

In other words, JT might be the new Katy Perry, but people are still tuning in.

Is this good or bad? :umsaywhat:

2 hours ago, mauureee said:

maybe because his team didnt pick the same week as Barbra Streisand to release the album :meltdown:

Don't even bring that up :meltdown:

The Glory case and the Blackout (last minute change) case frustrate me so much :crying11: We could have had 7 consecutive #1 albums and 8 as a total if it wasn't for BJ 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SlayOut said:

Is this good or bad? :umsaywhat:

Its good for his wallet