Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Paramore Force A Smile As An '80s New Anchor Team In The "Rose-Colored Boy" Music Video

Paramore lay on the cheese for the cameras in their '80s-tastic new music video for "Rose-Colored Boy..." until they don't.

Paramore lay on the cheese for the cameras in their '80s-tastic new music video for "Rose-Colored Boy..." until they don't.

In the age of social media, we're all a little too familiar with this – putting on a happy face for work, family and friends simply because it's easier to get through the day this way. That's the concept behind Paramore's brilliant new Warren Fu-directed music video for "Rose-Colored Boy," the latest release off their 2017 album, After Laughter.

In the clip, lead singer Haley Williams and her bandmates are utterly miserable news anchors when the cameras are off, but when that red light flips on they're disgustingly cheery.

"Smile more," TV execs bark at them. Williams plays along for a while, until she can no longer tolerate the fakery and has an out of body experience with a memory of her younger self repeatedly asking, "What are you doing?" After a little self actualization, Williams decides she's done living someone else's life and breaks the mold.

This is a must-watch. Check it out below:

Thoughts on Paramore's new video? Leave a comment below!

And while you're at it... follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

I love it, I think it might be one of their best music videos. It has a very interesting concept. The 80's vibes are great and I love Hayley's hair/outfit.