MmmDani

Stream Justin Timberlake's New Album 'Man Of The Woods'

Cause JT ripped off Pharrell's Happy with CSTF, is Pharrell writing trash songs for Man Of The Woods as revenge?

At this point, JT isn't making a record that "fits in." He's doing what he wants and hoping it resonates, and that kind of calculated risk is what makes this really exciting. 

Justin Timberlake's fifth studio album has officially hit the digital waves.

It's a big week for JT. The pop star just celebrated his 37th birthday (Jan. 31), he's headlining the Super Bowl Halftime Show on Sunday, and his new record, Man Of The Woods, is available to stream.

The blogosphere has had a mixed reaction to it. Read a roundup of the reviews here.

When JT first announced the era, the outdoorsy aesthetic felt like a nod to his Memphis roots. Fans were under the impression Justin's new music would have a country twang to it, but when he dropped "Filthy" and "Supplies," soundtracked to videos that felt more like an episode of Black Mirror, people were left scratching their heads.

There are some real gems on the record. "Breeze Off The Pond" is laid back and reminiscent of something off of the second half of The 20/20 Experience. "Wave," "Montana" and "The Hard Stuff" are also highlights. There's also a handful of songs that JT should have left off, but probably kept for sentimental reasons, like "Young Man" and the "Hers" interlude. Blah.

Timberlake has had an incredibly difficult time figuring out his spot in the ever-changing musical landscape, but I assume he expected the criticism. At this point, JT isn't making a record that "fits in." He's doing what he wants and hoping it resonates, and that kind of calculated risk is what makes this really exciting. 

Stream Man of the Woods below:

Thoughts on Man Of The Woods? Leave a comment below!

And while you're at it... follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

There are some gems on this album. "Higher Higher" is flawless! I love "Breeze off the Pond" and "Montana" too.

That interlude with Jessica, Flannel, Supplies, and Morning Light with Alicia Keys are all offensive to my ears. 

Overall, it's better than expected. I think a lot of the lyrics are super cringy and he should be grateful he has amazing producers like Danja, the Neptunes and Timbaland to bring the song to life because lyrically he kinda sucks. 

The second half is much stronger but this album overall is a let down 

Yes, I like to believe that theory. I mean is it really a coincidence? He saw the impact Happy had and wanted the same thing, Pharrell better be giving him the bottom of the barrel s--t. 

I was looking at Justin Timberlake

For some years, he has been kinda like the chosen one commercially in music  and that looks to have come to an end last month

He came back with new material which has not been recieved well so far and his album is not getting great reviews

Bruno Mars is now the chosen one in music

The scene has shifted and Justin is 37, so he no longer has his hand on the pulse of the public anymore.  It's going to be interesting to see how Justin will fare as he experience the decline that most experience in a long career.  I say that Britney and Christina will fare well because they are not trying to be in the rat race and are fine where they at as VETS in the game.  I can see Justin possibly being very affected by his decline because he still wants to be in the rat race, but it will be interesting to see how he fares this year

• Upvote 8

JT's doing good. His las huge hit was in 2016 and his latest song's been #1 on itunes for like a week now.

His peers can't relate :coffee: 

• Upvote 3

JT it my favourite with Brit but this album is quite disappointing. I liked filthy but I can’t stand it anymore.

His past albums had that dark vibe and great beats that Man of the Woods doesn’t have. His music lost that factor...

I am just hoping his sb performance will not include the new songs except from filthy.

• Upvote 1

Isn’t Say Something doing quite well, and haven’t all of his singles (take not of the plural - singleSSSSS). 

I’ve seen all his singles on the iTunes Charts, I haven’t seen Christina, or Britney for a long while. Also the title track is great, should’ve been the second single

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, WhatYouNeed said:

JT's doing good. His las huge hit was in 2016 and his latest song's been #1 on itunes for like a week now.

His peers can't relate :coffee: 

His album will do probably o ver a million first week sales but for these ppl that is bad. 

While Glory can’t even get to 500k WW.

Not to mention they went after p!nk as well but shut up after she did over 700k first week. :lemmetellu:

They say it’s fine Britney doesn’t try but go after ppl that try :umsaywhat:

I think they will both flop but Chrisitna harder than Britney. :kyliecry:

I still cant get over the fact that Glory flopped. BJ deserved it because it was trash but Glory was a solid album. sad.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, troubleguy said:

brit and xtina should do combined worldwide tour :lemmetellu:

The Frenemy Tour! :queenflopga:

7 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

*The stripped blackout Tour

* The Back to the Zone Tour

* The Glory-Lotus Tour

:kyliecry:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Spearsfan said:

His album will do probably o ver a million first week sales but for these ppl that is bad. 

While Glory can’t even get to 500k WW.

Not to mention they went after p!nk as well but shut up after she did over 700k first week. :lemmetellu:

They say it’s fine Britney doesn’t try but go after ppl that try :umsaywhat:

Nothing guaranteed but we will see how he does

His last album did not cross 1 million first week

41 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

the "Why cant we be friends? Tour" :kyliecry: it would be epic

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

the "Why cant we be friends? Tour" :kyliecry: it would be epic

"We Once Kissed Madonna World Tour" 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

"We Once Kissed Madonna World Tour" 

"Madonna stole our youth World Tour" :sneer:

"Madonna triggered our depression  World Tour"

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

"Madonna stole our youth World Tour" :sneer:

"Do You Like Our New Lips? World Tour" 

• Upvote 1

Just now, PokemonSpears said:

"Do You Like Our New Lips? World Tour" 

"These Lips dont Lie World Tour"

It would be perfect. Christina could continue using her Bionic Mic Stand.

movieawards2010performa+%25281%2529.jpg

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

"These Lips dont Lie World Tour"

It would be perfect. Christina could continue using her Bionic Mic Stand.

movieawards2010performa+%25281%2529.jpg

I've been waiting for their collab for so long  :kyliecry: the VMAs 2003 wasn't enough

• Upvote 1