Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

J. Balvin, Jeon and Anitta Channel 'Mad Max' In Their Fiery Music Video For "Machika"

J. Balvin, Jeon and Anitta set the world ablaze in the music video for "Machika."

I know there's a lot of loyal BreatheHeavy readers outside of the U.S. tuning in. I'm going to be real with you – I can't understand most of the words in "Machika," BUT music is a universal language and I happen to be fluent in it (cringe).

Balvin's DJ Chuckie and ChildsPlay-produced new tune, featuring Brazilian singer Anitta and Aruban newcomer Jeon, is a monster, and it's a got a music video to match. In it, Balvin rounded up several of his global music influencers and brought them to lush and desolate environments in his hometown of Medellin and created a post-apocalyptic video straight out of Mad Max.

Here's some press release jargon from Balvin:

"[Collaborating] with Willy William and then Beyonce helped internationalize my music but without departing from my culture, which I hold close to my heart. I am very excited about following up that success with ‘Machika’ -- working with a truly international team of collaborators that stretches from Brazil, Afro-Caribbean and European EDM. It continues to bring the sounds of reggaeton into a global music environment.”

This one's a hit. Check it out below:

Thoughts on "Machika?"? Leave a comment below!

And while you're at it... follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.