breatheheavy

Camila Cabello's Hypnotizing Performance Of "Never Be The Same" on 'The Tonight Show' Is A Visual Spectacle

Camila brought the heat.

Camila Cabello brings the heat to her performance of "Never Be The Same" on the Tonight Show on Wednesday.

We're just days away from the hearing Camila's new self-titled, debut solo album, and she won't let you forget it.

The pop star aced a seriously phenomenal performance of one of the album's buzz singles on the late night television show.

Two mirrored walls on either side of her bounced the oversized video screen's stunning visuals projected behind her, making for a visual delight to digest while you absorb Camila's sugary live vocals (that included a couple of on-point ad libs!).

If you were on the fence with "Never Be The Same," give this performance a play. It'll change your mind.

Thoughts on Camila's performance? Leave a comment below!

And while you're at it... follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

• Upvote 2

What a great performance. The visuals were beautiful, she looked great, her vocals and runs were on point as always!! She is such a superstar!! Wooww! I have literally not loved a pop star this much since Britney. 

Something about her charisma is very early Britney to me. She just knows how to act during performances, feel the music, be sexy and in the moment. As soon as the performance stops she just goes back to being silly goofy Camila, its crazy.

• Upvote 1

I’m so fucking slayed, i’ll stan that’s it. I haven’t stan anyone else but Britney in my life, but this girl is GIVING ME LIFE

Nice voice! Nice feeling of the music! Way too many hair on face :wigsnatched:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, really really cool guy said:

How is that good? :wyd:

Visually? :snapney:

I like that performance apart that high pitch at some point.
It partly resemble two Britney's performances; shadows and mirrors in one. 

Is Selena shaking in her boots rn? :rihclap:

51 minutes ago, falka said:

Visually? :snapney:

I like that performance apart that high pitch at some point.
It partly resemble two Britney's performances; shadows and mirrors in one. 

Is Selena shaking in her boots rn? :rihclap:

I'll never understand how this is good for anybody. If Britney did this she would be called the worst performer ever. Camila's not even singing live to compensate the lack of dancing or even doing anything besides standing there acting like she's in pain :orangu: is it good cause she makes her "live" singing more believable?

If you're going to say that it looks good "visually" why was circusney so bashed speacially by the gp? and no Selena is just as mediocre as Camila, they both do the same thing: pretend to be singing live while not doing anything else on stage cause that must leave them exhausted and that seems to be more than enough for the public but when it comes to Britney she's lazy :girlwhat: Now I understand Britney when she says that nobody gives ger enough credit for what she does which is giving a real show full of backup dancers, props and mindblowing visuals. And don't try to deny it cause it's true:

Britney-Spears-Piece-Of-Me-Review-Live-A

Like wtf is this boting sh!t?: 

ST8MNT_TaylorSwift1989-Stage-IMG_3col.jp

• Upvote 3

I'll never understand how this is good for anybody. If Britney did this she would be called the worst performer ever. Camila's not even singing live to compensate the lack of dancing or even doing anything besides standing there acting like she's in pain :orangu: is it good cause she makes her "live" singing more believable?

If you're going to say that it looks good "visually" why was circusney so bashed speacially by the gp? and no Selena is just as mediocre as Camila, they both do the same thing: pretend to be singing live while not doing anything else on stage cause that must leave them exhausted and that seems to be more than enough for the public but when it comes to Britney she's lazy :girlwhat: Now I understand Britney when she says that nobody gives ger enough credit for what she does which is giving a real show full of backup dancers, props and mindblowing visuals. And don't try to deny it cause it's true:

Britney-Spears-Piece-Of-Me-Review-Live-A

Like wtf is this boting sh!t?: 

ST8MNT_TaylorSwift1989-Stage-IMG_3col.jp

Dude are you joking? Camila was singing live. Stop trying to discredit others to make Britney look good. I love Britney but she was always a mediocre “singer” by definition. She would literally lip synch ballads while sitting on a stool. Camila has always sang live, her vocals have always been strong and clear, ever since 5H.

Those runs are proof enough that shes singing live and just had a backtrack to go along with her, but it does not drown her out or anything like that. She slayed this performane and is literally killing it. Bitter haters like you will try to bring her down, thats life I guess.

• Upvote 1

Selena is just as mediocre as Camila

So what is the reason U didn't get my flow when I pointed Selena as direct the one who could be shaking in ha boots cuz of Camilla's performance? They both have strong similar sides, but Camilla has better voice even if it's mainly for the recording and not live singing, as an Exhaler I couldn't hold that against her. :saycheese: Right? 
And I did love Circusney:Lshark:, not gonna be speaking in the name of GP when U do that 

like a pro.:awww:

13 minutes ago, abandon06 said:

um if this wasn't live she did a good job fooling me. 

Seriously, the delusion is realllll. :tiffcackle: Some people can sing and don’t have to lip synch. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, abandon06 said:

um if this wasn't live she did a good job fooling me. 

3 minutes ago, MANDIXMX said:

Seriously, the delusion is realllll. :tiffcackle: Some people can sing and don’t have to lip synch. 

Guys she's not singing live :jackk:

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MANDIXMX said:

Dude are you joking? Camila was singing live. Stop trying to discredit others to make Britney look good. I love Britney but she was always a mediocre “singer” by definition. She would literally lip synch ballads while sitting on a stool. Camila has always sang live, her vocals have always been strong and clear, ever since 5H.

Those runs are proof enough that shes singing live and just had a backtrack to go along with her, but it does not drown her out or anything like that. She slayed this performane and is literally killing it. Bitter haters like you will try to bring her down, thats life I guess.

Camila's not singing live :orangu: just watch the way she's holding the mic at the beginning. It's so easy to fool people, Britney's been wasting time not doing it like her peers :jackk:

7 minutes ago, falka said:

So what is the reason U didn't get my flow when I pointed Selena as direct the one who could be shaking in ha boots cuz of Camilla's performance? They both have strong similar sides, but Camilla has better voice even if it's mainly for the recording and not live singing, as an Exhaler I couldn't hold that against her. :saycheese: Right? 
And I did love Circusney:Lshark:, not gonna be speaking in the name of GP when U do that 

like a pro.:awww:

Comparing Selena and Camila on stage is not a fair competition. Singing has never really been Selena’s thing, and comparing her live performances to Camila is like comparing apple to oranges. 

Selena wabbles around on stage nowadays either lip synching or singing with a heavy track or backup singers who drown her out fully.

Unlike Selena, Camila actually writers her own music, has learned to play the guitar and plans to learn the piano too. She believs in her aristry, and always sings live.

With that said, I don’t stand the comparison of the two, though besides them both having black hair and having latin backgrounds. Its like you guys can’t accept to have two successful similar looking woman and pit them against each other. 

You all did it with Britney/Christina, Christina/Gaga, Cardi B/Nicki

Its a dated concept, regardless of everything they’ve all worked hard to get where they are.

3 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

Camila's not singing live :orangu: just watch the way she's holding the mic at the beginning. It's so easy to fool people, Britney's been wasting time not doing it like her peers :jackk:

Really, really cool. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, really really cool guy said:

C'mon guys are you serious??? She's just standing still in front of a big screen pretending to be singing live when she's just doing playback. How is that good? :wyd:

what? it's fully live.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, it's so much Better said:

what? it's fully live.

It must make him bitter since Britney never sings live lol its obvious the way he brought Britney into it for no reason. 

Some people have better vocal talent than others, it happens. :sendinglove:

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, it's so much Better said:

what? it's fully live.

No it's not and you should tell it's not. She's not even in synch with the track. A couple of 'yeahs' are live. The rest is not

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, MANDIXMX said:

It must make him bitter since Britney never sings live lol its obvious the way he brought Britney into it for no reason. 

Some people have better vocal talent than others, it happens. :sendinglove:

I'm not that delusional to think that performance was live. Go read the comments if you don't believe me. Even her mic's up her nose at the beginning of the song. Does she sing with her nose like Britney? :janet:

She's so amazing! I've been a stan since day one of her solo career. :groovin:

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

I'm not that delusional to think that performance was live. Go read the comments if you don't believe me. Even her mic's up her nose at the beginning of the song. Does she sing with her nose like Britney? :janet:

She's proven herself time and again, she can SANG. So, in the words of Miss Céline Dion, enjoy the show! In other words, stfu. :queenflopga: 

• Upvote 1

Just now, really really cool guy said:

Okay sweetie, you can believe whatever you want. However keep your negative comments to yourself.

Lets go by history here, and history shows that every single Camila performance she has displayed a tremendous amount of talent, ability and versatility with her voice. From runs to ad libs, this performance was no diffrent, so why are you still doubting she can nail a live performance?

Lets say she was lip synching this performance (which she wasn’t), who are you to judge when the majority of her other performances she is always singing live and bringing something new to her songs? Maybe they wanted to rest her voice for the promo tour coming up, or maybe since this was pre taped they overlapped a pre recorded track in post production, I don’t know. 

Don’t be angry with the success shes getting, and for the people who are loving it. You came into this thread like a dark cloud on a sunny day, trying to drag her, Taylor and anyone you could to try and make Britney look good (who has nothing to do with this). You are so insecure and threatened. I love Britney but her lip synching stripper act is dated, if she wants more success she needs to rebrand herself a bit more.

Camila deserves all the success she is getting, she has worked hard for this, it did not land on her lap overnight. Stop trying to discredit her, thanks.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Brichney. said:

She's proved herself time and again, she can SANG. So, in the words of Miss Céline Dion, enjoy the show! In other words, stfu. :queenflopga: 

Sis did you see Elton John talking about her and saying that he really likes her and believes that shes going to have a lot of success? I was shook. :anxiety:

• Upvote 1

Just now, MANDIXMX said:

Sis did you see Elton John talking about her and saying that he really lives her and believes that shes going to have a lot of success? I was shook. :anxiety:

She's talented. Her music is so good and is all about quality. This is only her first album and she's doing so well in terms of performances, visuals, and all. She's real and authentic, which is missing nowadays in the music scene. I love her a lot, she's definitely up on my list with Britney and Mariah. I listen to her songs every day, Real Friends makes me cry. I cannot wait for her album and I will enjoy and support it no matter how much it sells. She's so refreshing and good! Cuban Queen. <3

• Upvote 1