Jump to content


Sign in to follow this  
MmmDani

Circus alternate track list

Recommended Posts

Why in the world is "Kill The Lights" not the Circus opener?

Mu track listing is:

1.) Kill The Lights (This is the perfect intro)

2.) Circus (seriously, listen to these two one after the other. It sounds incredible)

3.) Mmm Papi (hate this song but it goes well here (like Radar))

4.) Unusual You (This song is god tier and a break is needed after last three fast paced songs)

5.) Lace And Leather (follows UY really cleanly)

6.) Trouble (My fave)

7.) Blur (Break)

8.) If You Seek Amy (Need another banger and Blur fades out/IYSA fades in, so again it's a nice transition)

9.) Shattered Glass

10.) Phonography 

11.) Rock Me In (Phonography ends with "Go!" And RMI kicks off straight away (it just works))

12.) My Baby (Break (a really slow/beautiful one))

13.) Quicksand (Builds up from the start)

14.) Rockboy

15.) Amnesia

16.) Mannequin

17.) Out From Under (another perfect break before the grand finale)

18.) Womanizer (Ends on a high note and it doesn't really fit anywhere else imo)

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Standard)

01 Womanizer

02 Circus

03 Kill the Lights

04 Out from Under

05 Shattered Glass

06 If U Seek Amy

07 Unusual You

08 Blur

09 Amnesia

10 Mannequin

11 Lace and Leather

12 Quicksand

 

(Deluxe)

13 Trouble

14 Rock Me In

15 Phonography

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just feel an album called Circus should open with either the title track Circus or an intro full of circus elements and sensual spoken words by Brinny leading into the title track. 

 

That's the only opener that would make sense to me.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you start the album with "we interrupt our program of dance music"? :calculating:

  • Upvote 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Standard)

01 Circus

02 Womanizer

03 Kill the Lights

04 Out from Under

05 Shattered Glass

06 If U Seek Amy

07 Unusual You

08 Trouble

09 Amnesia

10 Mannequin

11 Blur

12 Quicksand

 

(Deluxe)

13 Lace and Leather

14 Rock Me In

15 Phonography

16 Dangerous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pedro Dantas said:

So you start the album with "we interrupt our program of dance music"? :calculating:

Good point, maybe Womanizer first then KTL then Circus

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Circus

Womanizer 

Amnesia 

Kill The Lights

Shattered Glass

If U Seek Amy

Blur

Unusual You

Mannequin

Trouble

Lace & Leather 

Telephone FT Beyonce

Quicksand

 

Circus tbh has the BEST bonus tracks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Circus

2. Kill The Lights

3. Womanizer

4. Dangerous

5. Phonography

6. If You Seek Amy

7. Telephone (ft Lady Gaga)

8. Amnesia

9. Unusual You

10. Quicksand 

11. Trouble

12. Shattered Glass

13. Out From Under

Deluxe

14. Mannequin

15. Rock Boy

16. Blur

17. Lace & Leather

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

01 Circus (the obvious perfect opener)

02 Womanizer (energetic song, great for #2)

03 Kill the Lights (it fits very well after woma)

04 If U Seek Amy (great uptempo, a nice break between the serious ktl ad sg)

05 Shattered Glass

06 Unusual You (a little softer after going pretty hard for the first 5 tracks)

07 Mannequin (it's strong enough to be upper in the track list, and it's a nice change of pace after unusual you)

08 Amnesia (such a great uptempo. Another nice break after three really serious songs)

09 Quicksand (I really don't think this is a masterpiece, but it's nice enough to fit in the main tracklist in this position)

10 Blur (moody yet sexy. It fits this place perfecly in the tracklist)

11 Lace And Leather (this song is really underrated. It's sexy, fun and really catchy).

12 Out From Under (I'm really not a fan of this song, mainly because of her horrible vocal performance in it. But it's the only ballad, and it's a perfect closure)

With this tracklist the album would have been full of hits after hits. No fillers and no mediocre songs.

(Deluxe)

13 Mmm Papi (it's a fun song, good enough to be a bonus track)

14 Trouble (it's a decent uptempo, but way too similar to get together from Madonna)

15  Phonography (sexy song, I don't think it's strong enough for the main tracklist)

Rock Me In is awful
Rock Boy should be deleted from Earth.
I don't dislike My Baby, but it's really too cheesy lol
Radar should have stayed in Blackout, that's its place.
 

Special mention to a little masterpiece, Dangerous. Seriously, with finished vocals and album-worthy production it would have been a great song and a great single, almost Toxic - level.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alex_1991 said:

01 Circus (the obvious perfect opener)

02 Womanizer (energetic song, great for #2)

03 Kill the Lights (it fits very well after woma)

04 If U Seek Amy (great uptempo, a nice break between the serious ktl ad sg)

05 Shattered Glass

06 Unusual You (a little softer after going pretty hard for the first 5 tracks)

07 Mannequin (it's strong enough to be upper in the track list, and it's a nice change of pace after unusual you)

08 Amnesia (such a great uptempo. Another nice break after three really serious songs)

09 Quicksand (I really don't think this is a masterpiece, but it's nice enough to fit in the main tracklist in this position)

10 Blur (moody yet sexy. It fits this place perfecly in the tracklist)

11 Lace And Leather (this song is really underrated. It's sexy, fun and really catchy).

12 Out From Under (I'm really not a fan of this song, mainly because of her horrible vocal performance in it. But it's the only ballad, and it's a perfect closure)

With this tracklist the album would have been full of hits after hits. No fillers and no mediocre songs.

(Deluxe)

13 Mmm Papi (it's a fun song, good enough to be a bonus track)

14 Trouble (it's a decent uptempo, but way too similar to get together from Madonna)

15  Phonography (sexy song, I don't think it's strong enough for the main tracklist)

Rock Me In is awful
Rock Boy should be deleted from Earth.
I don't dislike My Baby, but it's really too cheesy lol
Radar should have stayed in Blackout, that's its place.
 

Special mention to a little masterpiece, Dangerous. Seriously, with finished vocals and album-worthy production it would have been a great song and a great single, almost Toxic - level.

Love your reasoning but tbh I adore Rock Me In 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MmmDani said:

Love your reasoning but tbh I adore Rock Me In 

thanks sweetheart :)
it's a matter of personal tastes in the end.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Circus

shattered glass

kill the lights

unusual you

mannequin

womanizer

phonography

blur

if u seek amy

amnesia 

mmm papi 

out from under

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

(Standard)

01 Circus

02 Womanizer

03 Kill the Lights

04 Out from Under

05 Shattered Glass

06 If U Seek Amy

07 Unusual You

08 Trouble

09 Amnesia

10 Mannequin

11 Blur

12 Quicksand

 

(Deluxe)

13 Lace and Leather

14 Rock Me In

15 Phonography

16 Dangerous

 

Swap mannequin for phonography and we have a winner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Changed my mind a little:

1.) Shattered Glass

2.) Kill The Lights

3.) Circus

4.) Unusual You

5.) Lace And Leather

6.) Mmm Papi 

7.) Trouble 

8.) Blur 

9.) If U Seek Amy

10.) Phonography 

11.) Rock Me In

12.) My Baby 

13.) Quicksand

14.) Rock Boy

15.) Amnesia

16.) Mannequin

17.) Out From Under

18.) Womanizer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2017 at 2:43 PM, ATWK said:

So you start the album with "we interrupt our program of dance music"? :calculating:

:jackk: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's all subjective, but I personally think the inclusion of "Mmm Papi" and "My Baby" alone substantially lower the overall quality of the album. All of the bonus tracks deserved a spot on the standard tracklist; I particularly love "Quicksand." She emotes very beautifully in it, and that vulnerability is something that's missing from the vast majority of the album (with the exception of a few obvious stand-outs, like "Unusual You.")

I also really don't like the inclusion of "Radar," but I know that couldn't be helped due to contractual obligations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MmmDani said:

Changed my mind a little:

1.) Shattered Glass

2.) Kill The Lights

3.) Circus

4.) Unusual You

5.) Lace And Leather

6.) Mmm Papi 

7.) Trouble 

8.) Blur 

9.) If U Seek Amy

10.) Phonography 

11.) Rock Me In

12.) My Baby 

13.) Quicksand

14.) Rock Boy

15.) Amnesia

16.) Mannequin

17.) Out From Under

18.) Womanizer

Do you have an alternate tracklist for Glory? I've been trying to make one for awhile but it's pretty hard because there's not really any pop bangers on the album

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, storm said:

Do you have an alternate tracklist for Glory? I've been trying to make one for awhile but it's pretty hard because there's not really any pop bangers on the album

I keep trying to make one, but I'm really having trouble with placing Coupure Électrique and Invitation (because I'd rather have a a fast opening)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

I know it's all subjective, but I personally think the inclusion of "Mmm Papi" and "My Baby" alone substantially lower the overall quality of the album. All of the bonus tracks deserved a spot on the standard tracklist; I particularly love "Quicksand." She emotes very beautifully in it, and that vulnerability is something that's missing from the vast majority of the album (with the exception of a few obvious stand-outs, like "Unusual You.")

I also really don't like the inclusion of "Radar," but I know that couldn't be helped due to contractual obligations.

My Baby isn't bad, it just doesn't fit particularly well (Everyday however would've been great). I don't mind Mmm Papi but it's clearly the worst track. And I hate the opening of Amnesia, it also builds to the chorus way too quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. Womanizer
  2. Circus
  3. Mannequin
  4. Kill The Lights
  5. Phonography
  6. Out From Under
  7. Shattered Glass
  8. Unusual You
  9. Blur
  10. Dangerous
  11. If U Seek Amy
  12. Quicksand (ft. Lady Gaga)

Deluxe Version

  1. Lace & Leather
  2. Rock Me In
  3. My Baby
  4. Amnesia
  5. Rock Boy
  6. Trouble
  7. Mmm Papi
  8. Radar (remixed)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×