IconicShow

Femme Fatale Was Tragic

I can appreciate her new found confidence, happiness with her personal life, children etc but her career choices keep transitioning her into a nostalgia act.

Britney shouldn't be focusing on her peak years to sell a product. She isn't Cher or Bette Midler who are winding down and will bring new tracks to their shows for their GP/die-hard fans. Britney is in shape, she's shown a investment in songwriting, being hands on as she was during the Glory sessions and her performance ability has improved (2015-mid 2016) shows she's got it yet her team rather bank on her previous accomplishments rather than see what mature and now Britney has to offer the world. She's clearly still got a lot to give to fans, the world, and music in general but it's a matter of what and the better question when.

She does not need another residency. Let it be a one-time thing in her career unless later in life she wishes to wind down in Vegas. She could take a dab once again at acting and improve by studying different acting techniques even though she's very critical. Her comedic timing could be amazing especially with her expressions.

She could release a record, film a few videos, have a few big award show performances and tour or even do something like Madonna did in the 90's, release records, movie or other project in between and tour supporting two albums if she doesn't like being on the road as much. 

I feel Britney could bring so much more to pop music world because she just had this special IT factor to her other stars can not replicate no matter how many scandals or performances they do trying to come near, she and her team really hinder her artistic capabilities by scrapping videos, giving no exposure to a record some felt was some o fher best music in years over a sure fire money grab on her "prime years" when she's still fully capable of so much more.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Dollanganger said:

I can appreciate her new found confidence, happiness with her personal life, children etc but her career choices keep transitioning her into a nostalgia act.

Britney shouldn't be focusing on her peak years to sell a product. She isn't Cher or Bette Midler who are winding down and will bring new tracks to their shows for their GP/die-hard fans. Britney is in shape, she's shown a investment in songwriting, being hands on as she was during the Glory sessions and her performance ability has improved (2015-mid 2016) shows she's got it yet her team rather bank on her previous accomplishments rather than see what mature and now Britney has to offer the world. She's clearly still got a lot to give to fans, the world, and music in general but it's a matter of what and the better question when.

She does not need another residency. Let it be a one-time thing in her career unless later in life she wishes to wind down in Vegas. She could take a dab once again at acting and improve by studying different acting techniques even though she's very critical. Her comedic timing could be amazing especially with her expressions.

She could release a record, film a few videos, have a few big award show performances and tour or even do something like Madonna did in the 90's, release records, movie or other project in between and tour supporting two albums if she doesn't like being on the road as much. 

I feel Britney could bring so much more to pop music world because she just had this special IT factor to her other stars can not replicate no matter how many scandals or performances they do trying to come near, she and her team really hinder her artistic capabilities by scrapping videos, giving no exposure to a record some felt was some o fher best music in years over a sure fire money grab on her "prime years" when she's still fully capable of so much more.

I'd love to see her do more acting as well, where shes not playing herself.

I thought she was great on Will and Grace.

I think Britney will churn out more and more and I agree no more residencies.

yesterday i was watching femme fatale tour live from toronto lol, and i liked it. but yeah it isnt so much dance.... but the concept of the concert of the femme fatale woman with the videos and all of that is really cool, and i loved the femme fatale album, more than britney jean and glory, so gtfo to the people that dont like the album, even rolling stone sayed that femme fatale may be the best britney album, so, yeah:flawlessbye:

Spoiler
Spoiler

She's actually doing SO MUCH better now than the last 3 eras, performance wise especially.

Musically, I think Circus is a gem. FF was a fun album. BJ was sabotaged. Glory was her redemption.

She's getting better and better. I'm actually quite excited for B10. :overwhelm:

Now if only we get more than 2 singles and no scrapped music videos...  :brityeah:

• Upvote 1

I AM SO FUCKING SICK OF PEOPLE USING A HANDFUL OF REALLY BAD GIFS FROM FFT AND THEN SOME OF THE BEST MOMENTS FROM OTHER TOURS

BRITNEY HAS HAD sh!t MOMENTS IN POM TOO AND sh!t NIGHTS AND INEXPLICABLY BAD PERFORMANCES OF EVERY SINGLE SONG

AND SHE HAD GOOD NIGHTS ON FFT TOO, FOR EVERY SONG

f**k I HATE THIS PLACE SOMETIMES

The FF Tour was absolutely awful, but POM is not good either. Choosing gifs which display a few select seconds of any one moment is hardly representative of the overall quality of the actual performance in question, much less reflective of an entire tour or residency. 

The only real improvement, IMO, is that Britney looks much happier and more energetic during POM than she did during FF. And as a fan, that makes me happy for her personally, but I am nevertheless cognizant of how much is still lacking professionally.

Truthfully, I had high hopes immediately following both the 2.0 revamp and her BBMA medley. Unfortunately, however, as the residency begins to wind down, I have to admit that with the exception of a few good nights throughout these past four years, her performance skills have remained largely unimpressive for the duration of the residency.

4 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I still bop to Phlegm Fatale, even though it isn't my favorite, it's a good gym album :lollipop:

ScREAMING at Phelgm Fatale :gloria:  

• Upvote 1

Those gifs are not what she is like now. That is 2016 Britney. We all know that 2017 Britney is on par with FF Britney. Stop lying to make POM look better than it is. 

The fault for Circus is she lipped the tour compared to the others :calculating:Anyways FF era was tragic as a whole minus the album and videos 

6 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

The FF Tour was absolutely awful, but POM is not good either. Choosing gifs which display a few select seconds of any one moment is hardly representative of the overall quality of the actual performance in question, much less reflective of an entire tour or residency.

True, cuz this one also exists and I don't see people posting it

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

pom is tragic in its entirety. there is absolutely NOTHING good about the show. femme fatale & circus on the other hand had some good aspects to them, neither of them britney:tiffcackle:

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dark.Knight said:

giphy.gif

tragic :tiffcackle:

• Downvote 1

I think her outfits werent flattering, especially for the size she was. She should have kept her tummy covered up and that awful bra/shorts look for I wanna go etc was tragic and brought out the worst.. i also feel like she wasnt sexy that era, she was more mommy-ish and i think she even said that herself then. She is more in touch with her sexyness now andcan combine it with being a mother. And ofcourse puffy face and dead eyes. shE was far from a femme fatale

12 hours ago, IconicShow said:

I actually like several songs on BJ, what ruined it for me were the Myah vocals, production, Anthony Preston, Will I Am and how once he got on board he took over in a bad way.

There's always a song or two I don't care for and skip on each album.

1st album I skip The beat goes on

2nd album I skip Dear Diary

3rd album I skip Let me be

4th album I skip Brave new girl

5th album I skip Heaven on earth

6th album I skip Mmm Papi

7th album I skip trouble for me, how i roll

8th album I skip It should be easy, chillin wit chu

9th album I skip Coupure Électrique

Wow, the beat goes on, how i roll and coupure electrique are all very unique songs i am proud she recorded. 

anigif_original-grid-image-18957-1403798

Classic, living meme legend 

But I enjoy watching Circus Tour even if it's not perfect, I can see Blackoutney here
giphy.gif

the album is amazing and it had hits. videos were solid too but could have been better like britney spears level better. the tour--i only saw the dvd one and couldn't watch it all. too boring. I just wish How I Roll was a single!

12 hours ago, IconicShow said:

There's always a song or two I don't care for and skip on each album.

1st album I skip The beat goes on

2nd album I skip Dear Diary

3rd album I skip Let me be

4th album I skip Brave new girl

5th album I skip Heaven on earth

6th album I skip Mmm Papi

7th album I skip trouble for me, how i roll

8th album I skip It should be easy, chillin wit chu

9th album I skip Coupure Électrique

Taste is subjective, so I honestly never harp on people for what they like/don't like (much less downvote them for their personal opinions--I think that's incredibly juvenile). But I have to say, I was pretty taken aback at seeing "Heaven on Earth" here, since I genuinely think it's one of her best songs ever. I think even Britney herself said it was her favorite track off of Blackout.

I guess I'm just curious as to what you dislike about the song? You're obviously not obligated to provide me with any kind of explanation, but I guess seeing it listed alongside utterly unredeemable tracks such as "Mmm Papi" and "Chillin' With You" made me emotional. :crying1:

4 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

giphy.gif

probably because this was literally the only time we saw actual energy from Britney on the FF tour.

18 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Funny, because that was me with Britney Jean. Femme Fatale I took as her party child, just fun and sassy. With Britney Jean, it really didn't feel like a Britney Spears album to me. I was literally like :calculating: the first listen through.

I don’t really feel any connection to FF or BJ... I feel it with Glory but that’s mixed with all of the letdowns 

but what have been changed since? nothing tho...still stiff, ugly cosutmes and basic routines :meltdown: somethings never change :meltdown:

• Upvote 2