Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Christina Aguilera Enlists Mark Ronson For New Music(!!!)

1 minute ago, GrotesqueDiva said:

I rolled my eyes when he said "Pretty Girls" :shadelaugh:
I'm trying to get him into Britney but he just doesn't care. 
I told him: Britney co-wrote Selena's Whiplash, did you know?
And he said: I love it, she's a great song writter  :slayney:

Oh so he likes the dance pop Selena more? He'd probably love Femme Fatale and Circus.

2 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Xtina's honestly an exception to everyone else. Britney and others can recover from a flop easier because they release quicker (unless those flops pile up).

Someone like Xtina who releases every 4 decades though isn't that lucky. The more she waits with an underperforming album, the more her star burns out. Xtina's only had two flops (like Britney) but it feels like she's had 20 because there's now an 11 year gap from her last big era where she was relevant in the pop industry.

Yeah I know, it seems like she’s releasing like 5 flop albums since then. Was that Burlesque movie successful? Maybe she hasn’t been a flop all of these 11 years.

2 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

Yeah I know, it seems like she’s releasing like 5 flop albums since then. Was that Burlesque movie successful? Maybe she hasn’t been a flop all of these 11 years.

I think it did well. I think the soundtrack hit #1. But let's be honest, did it have any impact? :nicki2:

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I think it did well. I think the soundtrack hit #1. But let's be honest, did it have any impact? :nicki2:

:ricackle: but I really am hoping she’s successful with this next album, maybe she’s taking a long time to make sure everything goes right :yeahhh:

4 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

A shame they don’t know some of those songs. Genie in a Bottle was a huge hit

I really don’t know how they don’t know that song, everyone should know it :tifftear:

lol I'm 15 and last year my teacher played a whole bunch of 90s songs including BOMT, GIAB, Waterfalls, etc.

every single person in my class knew these songs :snapney:

If someone is born 20 years from now and doesn't know BOMT and Toxic, I will judge them so fucking hard. Those songs are staples. That's like someone not knowing Thriller or Billie Jean. WTF?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mario said:

If someone is born 20 years from now and doesn't know BOMT and Toxic, I will judge them so fucking hard. Those songs are staples. That's like someone not knowing Thriller or Billie Jean. WTF?

I agree that BOMT and Toxic are classics but they're not on the same level as Thriller or Billie Jean. :mattafact:

1 minute ago, Pedro Dantas said:

I agree that BOMT and Toxic are classics but they're not on the same level as Thriller or Billie Jean. :mattafact:

I disagree with you, sis. 

:nobitch:

• Upvote 1

Nnn I'm cackling at this video :orangu:  can't believe that guy thought OIDIA was by The Cheetah Girls 

• Upvote 2

what :o I'm still a teen and I've been actively listening to britney (christina not as much) and all these other artists from around that time since like the baby/oops era. i practically grew up with them :o

but then i realize now that they're probably like 14-16 and I'm like 19...:britdrown:

16 hours ago, MM said:

britney wins again:urite:

When did she win tho? I love Britney, but Christina is more respected and doesn't look 50. She has more relevant awards and has evolved as an artist. Britney still is the same after 20 years. I hope she will be a real artist and singer some day.

• Downvote 2

17 hours ago, GrotesqueDiva said:

I know Britney is not really relevant for millenials

I've said this before, but I see too many people do this, so, off topic but also not off topic--

Yes, she is, because Millennials = ends at mid-thirties, includes Britney herself as being the cusp of a Millennial and a Gen X'er. This likely includes you, too.

Y'all keep confusing your own generation for Generation Z, which is anyone 20 and under at this point.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, brintyjoan said:

When did she win tho? I love Britney, but Christina is more respected and doesn't look 50. She has more relevant awards and has evolved as an artist. Britney still is the same after 20 years. I hope she will be a real artist and singer some day.

In what planet, hunty? :whitney:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

I've said this before, but I see too many people do this, so, off topic but also not off topic--

Yes, she is, because Millennials = ends at mid-thirties, includes Britney herself as being the cusp of a Millennial and a Gen X'er. This likely includes you, too.

Y'all keep confusing your own generation for Generation Z, which is anyone 20 and under at this point.

Exactly. The word "millennial" is always thrown around to describe "young" people. And, no, she's not relevant to Gen. Z. Millenialls? Yes. They're the ones visiting her show for nostalgia.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Exactly. The word "millennial" is always thrown around to describe "young" people. And, no, she's not relevant to Gen. Z. Millenialls? Yes. They're the ones visiting her show for nostalgia.

:mhm: It's so funny to me when fellow Millennials use it as an insulting term for young(er) people, because obviously they have no clue what generation they're apart of. (I find generations fascinating; I have no idea why.) And yep, Millennials are huge on the nostalgia wave. It's why a lot of stuff from the nineties is getting reunited and the like.