Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

Icons! Britney’s Python And Madonna’s “Like A Virgin” Wedding Dress Star In MTV’s New VMA Advert

5 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

That's not MTV's fault tho :NYsassy:

Britney shouldn't have had a mediocre performance, period :bigkiss:

It started off really cool, but Make Me isn't a good performance song (unless you're doing acrobatics like P!nk) :tiffanynod:

It should've been DYWCO- would've been much more fun

tbh they should make up an award for her. it's the least they could do considering they constantly slept on her until 2008.

:lemmetellu:

Of course they would show the snake, it's one of the most iconic performances in that flop award :lemmetellu:

VMAs are so irrelevant that nobody cares about their commercials or actual show anymore, so they can use it :whitney:

2 minutes ago, Jacod2017 said:

It started off really cool, but Make Me isn't a good performance song (unless you're doing acrobatics like P!nk) :tiffanynod:

It should've been DYWCO- would've been much more fun

That choreo is also tragic tho :tiffanynod:

5 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

I know that leotard was tragic and practically destroyed the whole thing (yes I blame the leotard) but putting Beyonce's 14 minute performance RIGHT AFTER HER was not cool...it wouldn't matter if she danced like primeney again in those 3 minutes because all the attention was for Beyonce. and it's a shame that she demanded to win video of the year to perform there. there are receipts :lemmetellu:

The leotard wasn't to blame tho :whitney: also britney's 3 mins could've outshone beyonce's 14 mins the length of the performance isn't an excuse. Britney's 00/01 vma's were better than the 14 mins beyonce did imo :whitney:

20 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

thats somewhat true but they were still the ones who decided to put britney after beyonces 30 minute long mini concert KNOWING britneys performance is mediocre as f**k and wont be able to follow :ipass: 

3 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

britney's 3 mins could've outshone beyonce's 14 mins the length of the performance isn't an excuse. Britney's 00/01 vma's were better than the 14 mins beyonce did imo :whitney:

I still can't get over last years vma performance.

I mean what are they thinking, she's basically the queen of the VMAs and they give us THAT performance. Plus we had been waiting for almost 10 years. And they give us THAT! 

I just can't :flawlessbye:

The commercial was more exciting and Iconic than her performance and that's just sad :flawlessbye: I was so hyped

Didn't they hear? She thinks that performance is stupid now.

:staysalty:

Anyway, this is just baiting for ratings. I pass.

If she or BTS is not perfoming i'm not wasting my time in watching that mess, VMA's became SO boring to me. :outwithit:

1 hour ago, Siwon said:

omg new single at the vma's confirmed :triggered:

Hide contents

baby make me ooohgiphy.gif 

That gif still kills me Everytime I (try to fly) see it :moorangu:

Britneya nd Madonna reunietd for Britney's 20th year in the industry of course:Lshark:

lol I love how Britney and Madonna's performances are still referenced in media and used by MTV to keep ratings, but Beyonce who is supposed to be the best performer out there does not even have one single iconic moment. Everything that woman does is good PR 

I can't with the VMAs, she gave them 3 iconic performances, an infamous performance and was part of the MJ 'artist of the millennium' moment. That's 5 years of iconic moments or at least moments that got everyone talking the next day, plus being the TRL queen and they paid her dust in terms of awards. DUST. Till she bought the 3 POM awards in 08.

They can f**k off with their budget looking stage and venue. RIP VMA :staysalty:

almost 15 years later and still I C O N I C!!! :queenflopga:

Your faves could NEVAH!!!! :trash:

Cool promo. The wedding dress was obviously meant to represent Madonna tho. Kinda funny that Madonna and Britney are the only ones who really had iconic performances though.

1 hour ago, brintyjoan said:

That gif still kills me Everytime I (try to fly) see it :moorangu:

Whoever did it is genius imo. it is so funny and weird at the same time :tiffcackle:

Brit hasn't produced any iconic moments since 2007 almost ten years ago and thats fine, but they do this every year and its pointless.

3 minutes ago, GrotesqueDiva said:

fucking lopve this photo, so young and fresh
BTW Britney is not going, this is just a compilation of iconic VMA moments.

Besides the dress and the snake, what other moments were shown? I couldn't find any others lol. 

3 minutes ago, GrotesqueDiva said:

fucking lopve this photo, so young and fresh
BTW Britney is not going, this is just a compilation of iconic VMA moments.

I feel like life was much better and simpler when this photo was taken, only legends and icons ruling the pop scene and not a bunch of nameless wannabees :nydisgust: