Jump to content
Shadow.

Glory is a really good album but...

Recommended Posts

Love the album but there is a slight disappointment that a couple songs fit in with trends a little too much, but only a couple and I still love the songs anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I listen to it all the time, but the upbeat tracks more. And I think that DYWCO would be a great hit for her, come on this is classic Britney - slutty and dancy 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a great pop albuk but:

-lacks smash classic Britney uptempo tracks. 

- most of its songs are so monotonous. 

- 80% of the albums goes in the same direction following the current music trend. It feels like Britney is trying to fit in the current sound when, before Glory, she was already IN the current sound or coming up with her own sound. This is her MDNA, when Madonna tried so hard to be "IN" with the EDM music. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think musically Glory was an escape from everything that FF and BJ was - overproduced vocals, highly EDM trakcs and robotic production. Glory is more natural, we have definitely more classic side of Britney on it. So I hope her next album would go into this direction with her comfident vocals and production. Although I thought Glory would make her a little more relevant, so it would became her starting point for another commercial success, but well. At least I hope with another album she will go a little more steps ahead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, cheri said:

sweetie i'm not talking about my opinion. the OP (shadow) said the album is a good pop album, but has issues with it. somebody else made it seem like he said the album was complete sh!t. this is not about my opinion. hopefully u understand now

Im a she but thanks :giggleney:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MM and Better are my top favorites from the album. And I listen to them a lot and still don't get tired of them, especially MM.

Wish this masterpiece was treated fairly. I feel like it was robbed or something. It deserves more recognition. Wish would have taken the time to redo the MV instead of the one we got right now thought...

Better should have been a single by now. It's a perfect summer bop tbh. 

I think PS and WYN shouldn't be on the album because they just feel out of place.

Overall, it's a really good album! Even though commercially it hasn't done well like her previous works, it's definitely as step up from her last album. 

Can't wait to hear how B10 sounds like! :unbelievableney:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Froot said:

I think musically Glory was an escape from everything that FF and BJ was - overproduced vocals, highly EDM trakcs and robotic production. Glory is more natural, we have definitely more classic side of Britney on it. So I hope her next album would go into this direction with her comfident vocals and production. Although I thought Glory would make her a little more relevant, so it would became her starting point for another commercial success, but well. At least I hope with another album she will go a little more steps ahead

Yeah it was a big step away from the EDM and heavily produced style that was FF & BJ. It was a nice change tbh.

I wish Marina would write for Britney! She's such a great songwriter! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only listen to the upbeat tracks as of late: Clumsy, Love Me Down, Do You Wanna Come Over and I get my life to Better and Hard to Forget Ya occasionally. 

The rest of the album bores me to death. Like you said, it's very trendchasey and sounds like past due Selena and Bieber/Weeknd wannabe demos and not Britney Spears. There's no energy, which is what I want in a Britney album. I really hope she returns to the dance floor for B10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

That's good for Britney but I think she's untalented hence my comment. 

but that was not the reason behind your comment in the first place sweetie. by saying "shitlena and her fans wish" you're saying that they wish glory was britney's impersonation of shitlena as stated in the op. it was though. britney herself said that shitlena was the inspiration. many of glory's producers & songwriters worked on revival too. you are welcome sweetie!

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the album is great and the only thing it is missing was good promo. 

I think the problem is why we never are satisfied because they don't do anything. We literally just get music and that's it. It's not satisfying because we aren't intrigued by it because Britney and her team don't care anymore. 

You mentioned albums from Circus and before because we were satisfied and given good exciting eras. Visually pleasing and Britney was involved 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we had ONE single from Glory that's why this albums seems like unfinished work… if we would have 3-4 singles being played on the radio with video clips we would say it's amazing albums with even more potential… I will never get over how her team made Glory such BIG FLOP 

Better

Change Your Mind 

Just Luv Me

how could they… 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah, I do love the album, regardless of whether its following a trend or not. :soyeah: (I'm not getting into promo for it, here. This is just about Glory itself.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I think the album is great and the only thing it is missing was good promo. 

I think the problem is why we never are satisfied because they don't do anything. We literally just get music and that's it. It's not satisfying because we aren't intrigued by it because Britney and her team don't care anymore. 

You mentioned albums from Circus and before because we were satisfied and given good exciting eras. Visually pleasing and Britney was involved 

Agreed. The only way I can see things improving at all is if Britney gets a creative director who ignites her passion again like Karen did with her recording. They know they don't have to do anything interesting anymore so they do nothing. Quick cash grabs matter more. 

  • Downvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also think fans aren't used to Britney doing her take on trendy music compared to her setting the trends in pop. I think she can easily go back to doing that but she has to change her way of thinking about herself and her music. If she think of herself as this past her prime act then it makes sense where she's going. She needs to just focus on releasing strong material with strong visuals. She was never a radio darling so why waste time catering to trends? Do your own thing. 

  • Downvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sh!t is fire.

I was being negative and stopped listening since Flop Party flopped. :shameless:

But i will not let you hoes drag this album, when I listen to Just Luv Me i realize EXACTLY why I loved the album in the first place. I refuse to accept that you guys feel as if Britney didn't put any of herself into this album because it's not true.:staysalty:

Then I listened to Love Me Down and I remember how wet all of you were, so I swear you can kiss my ass if you say you hate it now :madonna:

And then of course I played Better 10 times because that's my bae, and to this day it's still not tired or washed up. :bigkiss:

 

If I'm slaying, No Seas Cortes, MOTM,  Make Me, DYWCO all remain unbothered and iconic. :makeitrain:

 

My first rating of the album was in August 2016 was 10/10.

My new rating of the album today is 9.7/10 simply because Tinasha doesn't belong on the new version of the album.

 

Rant/ :arianabye:

  • Downvote 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I listened to dywco for the first time in months this morning and it slayed me. I was in the shower getting my lifeee uh huhhhh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

Agreed. The only way I can see things improving at all is if Britney gets a creative director who ignites her passion again like Karen did with her recording. They know they don't have to do anything interesting anymore so they do nothing. Quick cash grabs matter more. 

Hopefully Karen is involved on B10. The problem was Britney and her team sat on the album so long that the elements of the album that was 'in' came out way later than the rest. 

It is sad that her best work is when ppl push her. Maybe she needs a good push though. Andre and Karen pushed her and the Circus music video choreo is amazing and So is glory 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, BreatheOnMoi said:

This sh!t is fire.

I was being negative and stopped listening since Flop Party flopped. :shameless:

But i will not let you hoes drag this album, when I listen to Just Luv Me i realize EXACTLY why I loved the album in the first place. I refuse to accept that you guys feel as if Britney didn't put any of herself into this album because it's not true.:staysalty:

Then I listened to Love Me Down and I remember how wet all of you were, so I swear you can kiss my ass if you say you hate it now :madonna:

And then of course I played Better 10 times because that's my bae, and to this day it's still not tired or washed up. :bigkiss:

 

If I'm slaying, No Seas Cortes, MOTM,  Make Me, DYWCO all remain unbothered and iconic. :makeitrain:

 

My first rating of the album was in August 2016 was 10/10.

My new rating of the album today is 9.7/10 simply because Tinasha doesn't belong on the new version of the album.

 

Rant/ :arianabye:

lmfaooo the fact that Glory flopped fast and hard is a wake up call for Britney AND her delusional fans :shameless:

yawnn we remember your obsession over trash songs like Better. Not that you could do anything better with that trash taste of yours :madonna:
Your cute try-hard 'rant' for votes didn't really succeed. Oops :shameless:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the mystery Glory left behind; the MM video, the lack of singles

I further think it's an amazing album, however imo the trinity is Blackout, ITZ and Britney, her 3 best albums. Glory is however an AMAZING album, but upon first listening I felt that the tracks were missing something and were so short. I don't like how MM is the lead single, I don't think it's Britney at all :staysalty:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the biggest problem with this album is that because Britney always has known what kind of sound she wanted(she has always looked up to people like Janet Jackson, Whitney Houston, Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Lauryn Hill, etc.) she was disappointed that in the beginning of her career, she was put in this pop direction but anytime she had any control, she went for a more urban, melodic sound. With this album though, instead of finding her own identity within today's music landscape, she heard what was on the radio, listened to too much of Selena Gomez, and just said "this sound is me; this is what I want to do." Now, I think people are being a little hard when they said it completely Selena's sound. It still has edge to what I think Britney wanted it to sound like, separating it from Selena but she is not the wild party girl that she was in her 20s. She has nothing really to say anymore about how she feels sexually because now, she is just a mom and she was making the album when she was single, confused, and awkward. She is like a mother with teen kids(Selena and Justin being her kids LOL), trying to recapture her youth again by saying "I used to make music like this all the time; why can't I make it now" However, when the final result comes, it ends up being awkward, distant, and a deliberate copy. This is still better than her lame attempts on Britney Jean and Pretty Girls but Britney is still under conservatorship and has kind of lost who she is, so she needs to take time to figure herself out again. She is a child inside but she feels old. She needs to be a regular 35 year old woman. She is an adult who still has a voice. She just needs to find it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion it's still fresh and experimental. Her voice sounds great on the tracks. I feel it was evolving her sound. Where as Femme Fatale was going by the trends at the time. Blackout and In the Zone are classic POP Britney albums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×