Jump to content


MissSpearsSaysSo

Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame

Recommended Posts

Do you think that Britney will ever, or should be inducted into the rock & roll hall of fame? Amazing and legendary artists like Michael Jackson, Elvis, The Beatles, Madonna, and The Rolling Stones just to name a few have been inducted. 

As a rule, an artist or band must have a career of at least 25 years, so if we're counting from 1998 she would be eligible in 2023. That's kind of a long time from now, but I'd like to think that she'd still be doing something singing career-wise at that time. I don't ever think she'll stop making music. 

It would be big for her to make it into the hall of fame, she really has revolutionized the world of pop music and gets very little credit. There are tons of artists and bands who are passed up every year (there's a big panel and selection process kind of like being nominated for an award) and Madonna made it in at her first possibly. 

Id love it if Britney went down in history as one of the recognized greats next to MJ and Madonna. She definitely deserves it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't see it ever happening. I love Britney but she's not exactly an artist.

  • Downvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish she would be included but I see very few popstars on the list and the fact Madonna made it was shocking and I'm sure she did some influencing to get in. They have been under fire for being bias and rigging votes and people accuse the founder (whos also the founder of rolling stone magazine) to pick favorites. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I just don't see it ever happening. I love Britney but she's not exactly an artist.

Wow. You basically threw 15 years of her career out the window. If she wasnt then she would have just played it safe and just make innocent bubblegum pop but she pushed the boundaries. Many songwriters even back to her first album have given her props for her input on the songs and her amazing ear for music. Her music videos are almost entirely her ideas.  If she didn't do any of this, then she would have been like Jessica Simpson and Mandy Moore who simply just played the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

Wow. You basically threw 15 years of her career out the window. If she wasnt then she would have just played it safe and just make innocent bubblegum pop but she pushed the boundaries. Many songwriters even back to her first album have given her props for her input on the songs and her amazing ear for music. Her music videos are almost entirely her ideas.  If she didn't do any of this, then she would have been like Jessica Simpson and Mandy Moore who simply just played the game. 

And she has written songs... how does this not make her an artist?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't Blackout already in the Hall of Fame? :queenflopga: Maybe Britney will join that iconic album, too! :snapney:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, puppylo16 said:

I wish she would be included but I see very few popstars on the list and the fact Madonna made it was shocking and I'm sure she did some influencing to get in. They have been under fire for being bias and rigging votes and people accuse the founder (whos also the founder of rolling stone magazine) to pick favorites. 

Madonna was obviously inducted because of her influence on the music landscape, which is obviously why Janet Jackson should be in given that she's influenced more artists than Madonna (she easily dwarfs Madonna in influencing male artists).

It would just be too controversial to include Britney, unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, puppylo16 said:

Wow. You basically threw 15 years of her career out the window. If she wasnt then she would have just played it safe and just make innocent bubblegum pop but she pushed the boundaries. Many songwriters even back to her first album have given her props for her input on the songs and her amazing ear for music. Her music videos are almost entirely her ideas.  If she didn't do any of this, then she would have been like Jessica Simpson and Mandy Moore who simply just played the game. 

Look at the people that have been inducted into the R&RHOF. She's not on the same level of artistry as they are. We're not talking about people like Jessica Simpson and Mandy Moore - we're talking about people like The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Madonna, U2, Prince, Queen. So, no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Justney said:

And she has written songs... how does this not make her an artist?

I love Britney but I also acknowledge the truth. She's co-written 5 singles out of 38 singles in the US over an 18+ year career. And of those 5, none were even top 10. She's barely sung live over 18+ years. She didn't dance for like 10 of those years. She played an instrument onstage once and she stopped halfway through the song lol. You guys bitch all the time about how she's not in control of her career - how she couldn't get Original Doll out, how FF was supposed to be a different album, how she's under a c-ship, how her team makes all of her decisions, ect ect. It's no secret she's kind of a puppet. She's famous for taking songs other people write and lip syncing to them.

Check out the artists that are inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame. Look at their writing credits, watch them perform live playing instruments and singing live. It's two different levels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I love Britney but I also acknowledge the truth. She's co-written 5 singles out of 38 singles in the US over an 18+ year career. And of those 5, none were even top 10. She's barely sung live over 18+ years. She didn't dance for like 10 of those years. She played an instrument onstage once and she stopped halfway through the song lol. You guys bitch all the time about how she's not in control of her career - how she couldn't get Original Doll out, how FF was supposed to be a different album, how she's under a c-ship, how her team makes all of her decisions, ect ect. It's no secret she's kind of a puppet. She's famous for taking songs other people write and lip syncing to them.

All of this is true and you bring up good points but that seemingly short time she had in her early career, her peak and prime, is what is going to be remembered forever. She wrote songs, she co-wrote songs, she had artistic direction, and she danced better than anybody pretty much. You're right though, it doesn't really look good now.. her reputation and career is pretty much trashed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I love Britney but I also acknowledge the truth. She's co-written 5 singles out of 38 singles in the US over an 18+ year career. And of those 5, none were even top 10. She's barely sung live over 18+ years. She didn't dance for like 10 of those years. She played an instrument onstage once and she stopped halfway through the song lol. You guys bitch all the time about how she's not in control of her career - how she couldn't get Original Doll out, how FF was supposed to be a different album, how she's under a c-ship, how her team makes all of her decisions, ect ect. It's no secret she's kind of a puppet. She's famous for taking songs other people write and lip syncing to them.

Check out the artists that are inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame. Look at their writing credits, watch them perform live playing instruments and singing live. It's two different levels.

That Original Doll album would have been the game-changer.  She definitely evolved as an artist.  Her unreleased music proves that she was/is a talented songwriter.  Where she didn't evolve is having control of her music, and her unreleased material is also proof of that.  There are probably various reasons for this but she simply did not have control over her music.  

The Original Doll album not being released is by far the biggest missed opportunity in her career.  She would have been a completely respected artist with the release.  I don't believe her contemporaries like P!nk, Avril Lavigne or Beyonce are in any more talented song-writers based on hearing Britney's unreleased material but, again, its basically a moot point because of Original Doll not being released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

I just don't see it ever happening. I love Britney but she's not exactly an artist.

Blackout is the only album she executively produced yet the only album from her that has been inducted in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame :arianabye: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, radar89 said:

Blackout is the only album she executively produced yet the only album from her that has been inducted in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame :arianabye: 

Everyone knows she didn't actually EP it though. Someone at the label did and she left right before it was released so they labeled Britney as the EP but she wasn't lol. Blackout is an amazing album but she co-wrote 2 songs on it and they are not the two hits from that album.

  • Downvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

Everyone knows she didn't actually EP it though. Someone at the label did and she left right before it was released so they labeled Britney as the EP but she wasn't lol. Blackout is an amazing album but she co-wrote 2 songs on it and they are not the two hits from that album.

Everyone? Actual receipt or it never happened :arianabye: Somebody's a hater when it starts pulling sh!t without any actual proof :arianabye:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, radar89 said:

Everyone? Actual receipt or it never happened :arianabye: Somebody's a hater when it starts pulling sh!t without any actual proof :arianabye:

That's legit the story. Everyone on Exhale knows that. Not hating I just know my facts lol. Weird you didn't know that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She hasn't left her mark as an artist. She's not praised for her artistry

Not even Janet fucking Jackson got to be inducted

Let's not be delusional and think she has the chance to be inducted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, button said:

She hasn't left her mark as an artist. She's not praised for her artistry

Not even Janet fucking Jackson got to be inducted

Let's not be delusional and think she has the chance to be inducted

Except Janet to get inducted though.  She's sure as hell going to get in well before Beyonce (Lemonade doesn't happen without Rhythm Nation and neither do many Britney videos or Britney/Pink/Christina performances).  Yeah she lip-synched most of her performances but so did Madonna (especially in the 90s) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

As a rule, an artist or band must have a career of at least 25 years, so if we're counting from 1998 she would be eligible in 2023.

25 years since their first studio album, so it'll be 2024. I don't think she'll make it, but let's see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

Everyone knows she didn't actually EP it though. Someone at the label did and she left right before it was released so they labeled Britney as the EP but she wasn't lol. Blackout is an amazing album but she co-wrote 2 songs on it and they are not the two hits from that album.

Theresa White was the A&R on that record and she helped find and secure the songs that were on the album but dont say that Britney didnt do sh!t. Britney was there at the recording studio and not Theresa, she changed lyrics and gave input to the producers and they said she was focused and dedicated and after every session she would pay them out of her pocket. That was the only album where Larry wasnt an influence and it happens to be her best work so that speaks a lot of how much she is capable of. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×