Circuit

SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT: Britney Jean IS a good album

Of course everyone of Britney's albums have one or two bad songs. Body Ache and CWU are the bad songs on Britney Jean.

The only thing that confuses everyone about it being a "bad" album are the Myah tracks.

Thank you. :howiroll:

• Downvote 2

Its an ok album. I just can't listen to it as much as i listen to Glory for exemple. (I can count in my hand's finger how many times i listened to BJ)

Could you please stop with this, the album is bad, dont try to make it sound good cuz it cant, its generic, its basic, the production is low and minimal, the songs are messed up and half of them is not even Britney. It's a bad album and always will be.:nydisgust:

For anyone else, not even close to Britneys brand, you are not fooling anyone sweety.

tumblr_o0ew01TjYm1rlafseo1_400.gif

yall how else am i gonna get a hit thread i gotta come up with good titles

Just now, Circuit said:

yall how else am i gonna get a hit thread i gotta come up with good titles

tumblr_nquiwmd0nY1tf1jalo1_500.gif

:forkit:

even if some of the songs are good, the fact that shes not singing some parts (but still trying to pass it off like it is her singing) completely and utterly ruins the album imo but w/e

Brocolli Juice is not a good album compared to other Brit's album period :byebitch:

Still jamming to God Bitch tho :cinderellaney:

Look, if you like BJ that's fine. But don't call it "not a bad album" because it truly is. Production, lyrics, vocals. It sounds like a album a socialite would put out tbh. Hold On Tight and Work Bitch however are good songs, I'll give it that. 

it's a bad album with some good songs tbh 

It's a sh!t stain on Britney's otherwise flawless discography. I can't believe she would release something like it.

Does anyone else feel paranoid while listening to that album? I always wondering if it's Myah or Britney singing lead vocals.

18 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

It's a sh!t stain on Britney's otherwise flawless discography. I can't believe she would release something like it.

Does anyone else feel paranoid while listening to that album? I always wondering if it's Myah or Britney singing lead vocals.

Everything from 2012-2015 in Britney's career needs to be erased :meltdown:

Vegas 2.0, Work Bitch, Tom's Diner and possibly Perfume would probably be my only exceptions.

EDIT: Hold On Tight too :meltdown: 

8 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Everything from 2012-2015 in Britney's career needs to be erased :meltdown:

Vegas 2.0, Work Bitch, Tom's Diner and possibly Perfume would probably be my only exceptions.

Honestly everything starting from the FFT could be erased and I think her career would be in a much better state. 

Id give up the title of making Vegas cool for younger artists. 

Just now, Spearsfan said:

Honestly everything starting from the FFT could be erased and I think her career would be in a much better state. 

Id give up the title of making Vegas cool for younger artists. 

But then we wouldn't have the Criminal video and I lowkey love it :meltdown: 

Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

But then we wouldn't have the Criminal video and I lowkey love it :meltdown: 

Did that come after? I mean the single can stay just don't do that terrible tour. 

I like that video too but Jason :sassybrit:

Til It's Gone is one of the strongest dance tracks Britney has recorded, with hard hitting production and lyrics to match. I also find Chillin With You to be a super cute song. Alien, Passenger and Now That I Found You make me euphoric because they remind me of being in pure love. Don't Cry, Brightest Morning Star and Hold On Tight are beautiful. Tik Tik Boom is a BOP.

I never listen to Perfume, It Should Be Easy or Body Ache. I have Work Bitch on my gym playlist.

It's a cute collection of songs; there is just no cohesiveness in production, so it makes a horrid album, definitely on the bottom of Britney's discography.

I also literally never think of or hear Myah Marie. Even William Orbit said it was BS, and the Alien vocals were the only thing anything remotely mainstream reported on. Confuses me when people keep making those tired jokes, like I can't tell if y'all are being serious. Britney loves working with will.i.am; she explained the songs to Ryan Seacrest; I think y'all just make yourselves hear what you wanna hear.

• Downvote 2

I like the album...Is it a masterpiece? No. Does it have a lot of solid tracks? Yes. 

Alien: Masterfully produced by William Orbit. The line "Had to get used to the world I was on/
While yet still unsure if I knew where I belong" & second verse beautifully written by Britney.

Work Bitch: MOTIVATIONAL BANGER. If you don't feel like going to work, this song will help you pay your bills. Also, one of the only songs in her catalogue that could amp up a Super Bowl crowd. (Jus' sayin') 

It Should Be Easy: Mindless lyrics with a simple, (dare I say) deeper message. Love should be easy, but sometimes it's stupid, confusing and hard to get through. (Like the song, to some.) 

Tik Tik Boom: If anyone else had recorded this song it would've been a huge hit on urban radio. Because it's Britney there's a note of disingenuousness; which isn't unearned but still it's a great track even if she doesn't "own" the genre it presents. 

Till It's Gone: "Cuz you came/And you gave/Me a place/ Place to lay/All my pain/Why'd you take/It away?" um...SAD FACE. Also, I love songs that have bouncy, dancey production with the juxtaposition of depressing, slit your wrist lyrics.  (Listen to Lucky by Lucky Twice (Hot Stuff Remix)) 

Chillin' With You: It's probably just me, but I actually really love this song. I see why people wouldn't like it but i really like their vocals together (especially during the breakdown starting at 2:33)

Don't Cry: The whistle. The way she sings "Adios, I'm out the door." I love how the chorus opens with her trying to tell herself to "hide my tears and dry my eyes" but once she says 'adios' she has to advise him to "hide your tears and dry your eyes" It's a subtle switch but very powerful. This song reminds me of something from a musical. 

Now That I Found You: What's not to love? Yet another amazing track demoted to the 'bonus' section.