Sign in to follow this  
britneysslumberparty

Britney dropped from RCA

Okay, I know getting dropped from your label is really bad press, but I feel that it would only do good for Britney at this point. I know it sounds bad, but honestly, they don't do any good for her anyway, it wouldn't honestly matter if she did get dropped. Her sales aren't the best (bc of their marketing :gloss:...and Team B) but if she did get dropped and picked up by Interscope, Island Def Jam, etc. I bet they would give her so much more freedom and they would promote the sh!t outta her. They know if they were to give her promo, she would sell. Idk, i think it wouldn't be a bad thing tbh...look at Mariah 15 years ago :verycool:

• Downvote 1

Ok lets not pretend that Britney being dropped would be a good thing. The media would have a field day if she was dropped, for whatever reason. If she choose to leave would be preferable.

UGH I got all excited that she actually got dropped from that shitty label or moved to another label! Don't do that to us sis :tiffanycries:

It's not just the label that needs help. It's also Britney and her team. 

Even if she changed labels she could still be in the same boat. 

Why would they fork up huge money to counteract them not wanting to good a good job. 

Don't act like it is all the label it's fault, maybe Britney is the one who doesn't want to do all the promo, I mean her and her team are very close so I'm pretty sure she has some input.

I would be like: YASSSSSS WOOOO GO TO ANOTHER LABEL BITCH :omgreallyney:

It's pretty obvious at this point  that i's Britney and her team who are to blame for her declining career.  It would make more sense for her to switch teams but her dad is stuck in the past with Larry.

1 minute ago, Adri said:

It's pretty obvious at this point  that i's Britney and her team who are to blame for her declining career.  It would make more sense for her to switch teams but her dad is stuck in the past with Larry.

Her career is doing fine

Her last single peaked at #17 on the hot 100 chart and the album debut at #3

That's not declining

7 minutes ago, Losio said:

Don't act like it is all the label it's fault, maybe Britney is the one who doesn't want to do all the promo, I mean her and her team are very close so I'm pretty sure she has some input.

She's already done promo

Where the hell you been?

4 minutes ago, Adri said:

8 minutes ago, Losio said:

8 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

It's not just the label that needs help. It's also Britney and her team. 

Even if she changed labels she could still be in the same boat. 

Why would they fork up huge money to counteract them not wanting to good a good job. 

Yes, her team needs help too, but if she switched labels and the label HEAVILY promoted her new material like labels do with Sia, Selena, etc., her team could still focus on promoting Vegas. The difference between Ariana, Selena, Sia, Beyonce, etc, is that their label promotes and markets for them. RCA doesnt do that for Britney, her team has to set it up for her. RCA has only been good with giving her musical freedom and hardly at that. So while the label is doing all of that, her team could do what they do best and promote Vegas in the meantime.

12 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Ok lets not pretend that Britney being dropped would be a good thing. The media would have a field day if she was dropped, for whatever reason. If she choose to leave would be preferable.

Would it be the best thing ever? No, but she's been through much worse. Bad media for being dropped wouldnt be the worst shes experienced. And if she had a great, succssful follow up album after, its a FU response to the media

I was hoping she would leave them, but i'm guessing she's under a new contract, because her original one ended with BJ. I wonder how many albums does she have to do to end this new contract. :orangu: 

And also, being dropped from her label = massive humilliation from the media & GP, i don't want that for her and her career, is better if she chooses to leave... :forkit:

I dont think her label is at fault. I believe the current state of her career is a combination of what Britney wants to do and how she wants to do it and her team being incompetent, out of touch with the current state of the industry and cheap af and having no idea of how to really capitalize on what Britney's willing to do.

7 minutes ago, britneysslumberparty said:

Yes, her team needs help too, but if she switched labels and the label HEAVILY promoted her new material like labels do with Sia, Selena, etc., her team could still focus on promoting Vegas. The difference between Ariana, Selena, Sia, Beyonce, etc, is that their label promotes and markets for them. RCA doesnt do that for Britney, her team has to set it up for her. RCA has only been good with giving her musical freedom and hardly at that. So while the label is doing all of that, her team could do what they do best and promote Vegas in the meantime.

Would it be the best thing ever? No, but she's been through much worse. Bad media for being dropped wouldnt be the worst shes experienced. And if she had a great, succssful follow up album after, its a FU response to the media

Britney needs exposure which involves Britney a major chunk. 

Sure if this was 2008 she could do Beyoncé promo but Britney isn't that big anymore she needs to promote and sell her own music.

RCA does suck but maybe they don't also put effort towards her music because she won't either. 

They are never going to drop one of their most high profile artists in order to let them go to another label and make the competition money instead...

3 minutes ago, Get Toxic said:

I was hoping she would leave them, but i'm guessing she's under a new contract, because her original one ended with BJ. I wonder how many albums does she have to do to end this new contract. :orangu: 

No, her new contract started with BJ

3 minutes ago, ohoney said:

And also, being dropped from her label = massive humilliation from the media & GP, i don't want that for her and her career, is better if she chooses to leave... :forkit:

I dont think shell leave tho :meltdown:

1 minute ago, Spearsfan said:

Britney needs exposure which involves Britney a major chunk. 

Sure if this was 2008 she could do Beyoncé promo but Britney isn't that big anymore she needs to promote and sell her own music.

RCA does suck but maybe they don't also put effort towards her music because she won't either. 

I never thought about that, but I agree :ponderney: