Sign in to follow this  
Innocentney

Would glory have gone number #1 if....

She released it 2 weeks after the original release date and had a promo schedule like kpop artists? (They seem to perform the lead single everywhere until it does well for 1/2 months) :hipney:

Make Me... would have gone #1 had she actually properly promoted the song with great performances and released the original video.

But, I just sound like a broken record here.

The number 1 album after glory's debut sold like 75k copies, so :byebitch: they're stupid.

1 minute ago, Camilo said:

The number 1 album after glory's debut sold like 75k copies, so :byebitch: they're stupid.

It all depends on timing! Wasn't Gwen or Meghan trainior that went #1 selling less than 70k copies? Britney had competition with frank ocean who the general public were craving music for :meltdown:

3 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Make Me... would have gone #1 had she actually properly promoted the song with great performances and released the original video.

But, I just sound like a broken record here.

I still can't believe she did the vmas :weirdmeout:

• Billboard performance + make me debut
  • Make me original video, then released after the video, it could of stood a chance.

They pretty much killed it for her from the beginning.

3 minutes ago, Innocentney said:

It all depends on timing! Wasn't Gwen or Meghan trainior that went #1 selling less than 70k copies? Britney had competition with frank ocean who the general public were craving music for :meltdown:

No, she had competition from Barbra and FGL 

9 minutes ago, Camilo said:

No, she had competition from Barbra and FGL 

I'm surprised and happy Barbra got a #1 album! Britney could get another album to go number #1 when she's 74,:cutesybrit:

2 minutes ago, Innocentney said:

I'm surprised and happy Barbra got a #1 album! Britney could get another album to go number #1 when she's 74,:cutesybrit:

FGL #1

Barbra #2

Britney #3

56 minutes ago, Innocentney said:

I was actually shocked that she did the VMA's too.  I never thought she would perform there ever again after 2007, like it was impossible. But apparently she was very upset that they had her go after Beyoncé, and who knows what she'll do in the future. Maybe she'll do it this year?  :awkblink:

5 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I was actually shocked that she did the VMA's too.  I never thought she would perform there ever again after 2007, like it was impossible. But apparently she was very upset that they had her go after Beyoncé, and who knows what she'll do in the future. Maybe she'll do it this year?  :awkblink:

She said she didn't care but she knows she was disappointed af because Beyoncé gave us a show lol :carpoolney:

11 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I have this delusional theory: she did an average performance on the BBMA'S 2015 and then the next year she slayed the show, maybe that could happen with the VMA'S, maybe she was very nervous that she just wanted to do something simple that doesn't require that much because of her shyness and nervousness, maybe this year, now she's been there after 10 years, she can feel comfortable enough to slay the the stage with a killer choreo. I KNOW, IM BEING DELUSIONAL AF! but I'm just trying to give myself some hope...  :crying1:

Glory would have went #1 if...

1. Britney surprised everyone with the debut of "Make Me..." during her Billboard Music Awards Performance, with the song becoming available on iTunes immediately after the performance was over. Imagine all the rumors swirling at that time, and then to hear the announcer say, "And now... here she is, the Princess of Pop, Britney Spears with the worldwide debut of her new single, 'Make Me...'". It would have been a hit, especially with how amazing that whole performance was!

2. The ORIGINAL "Make Me..." music video would've been released in June -  still riding the wave of the BBMA excitement - and the video would've had a worldwide, heavily-advertised debut on a major television network (probably MTV).

3. Glory would've been announced (including the album cover which should've been the same pic as the original MM single cover and MM single cover could've been something different but equally iconic) soon after the "Make Me..." video was released, but no release date confirmed yet.

4. Britney would've surprise-released Glory (or at least given 12 or 24 hour notice) sometime in early August or late July after maybe teasing fans through Twitter or by posting cryptic Instagram pics or something along those lines.

5. During the release of MM, it's video, Glory announcement, and Glory release, Brit goes on a press tour with radio stations, gives interviews about the up-coming music (maybe a sit-down interview that is televised -Barbara Walters style). And maybe she performs "Make Me..." on a late-night show with several other performances here and there.

6. Britney would've opened the VMA's with an ICONIC, FIERCE performance of "Make Me..." (no Me, Myself, and I cover)... with something controversial and amazing during the performance.

7. Britney released the second single soon after the VMA's, with video soon after.

The whole era could've been a SUCCESS. It sucks that it was messed up from the beginning by poor management.

Just let me manage her career.... :foh:

8 minutes ago, iZacaree said:

Glory would have went #1 if...

1. Britney surprised everyone with the debut of "Make Me..." during her Billboard Music Awards Performance, with the song becoming available on iTunes immediately after the performance was over. Imagine all the rumors swirling at that time, and then to hear the announcer say, "And now... here she is, the Princess of Pop, Britney Spears with the worldwide debut of her new single, 'Make Me...'". It would have been a hit, especially with how amazing that whole performance was!

2. The ORIGINAL "Make Me..." music video would've been released in June -  still riding the wave of the BBMA excitement - and the video would've had a worldwide, heavily-advertised debut on a major television network (probably MTV).

3. Glory would've been announced (including the album cover which should've been the same pic as the original MM single cover and MM single cover could've been something different but equally iconic) soon after the "Make Me..." video was released, but no release date confirmed yet.

4. Britney would've surprise-released Glory (or at least given 12 or 24 hour notice) sometime in early August or late July after maybe teasing fans through Twitter or by posting cryptic Instagram pics or something along those lines.

5. During the release of MM, it's video, Glory announcement, and Glory release, Brit goes on a press tour with radio stations, gives interviews about the up-coming music (maybe a sit-down interview that is televised -Barbara Walters style). And maybe she performs "Make Me..." on a late-night show with several other performances here and there.

6. Britney would've opened the VMA's with an ICONIC, FIERCE performance of "Make Me..." (no Me, Myself, and I cover)... with something controversial and amazing during the performance.

7. Britney released the second single soon after the VMA's, with video soon after.

The whole era could've been a SUCCESS. It sucks that it was messed up from the beginning by poor management.

Just let me manage her career.... :foh:

YEP!! Saved me the trouble of writing another essay.