Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Innocentney

Would glory have gone number #1 if....

Recommended Posts

She released it 2 weeks after the original release date and had a promo schedule like kpop artists? (They seem to perform the lead single everywhere until it does well for 1/2 months) :hipney:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make Me... would have gone #1 had she actually properly promoted the song with great performances and released the original video.

But, I just sound like a broken record here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The number 1 album after glory's debut sold like 75k copies, so :byebitch: they're stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Camilo said:

The number 1 album after glory's debut sold like 75k copies, so :byebitch: they're stupid.

It all depends on timing! Wasn't Gwen or Meghan trainior that went #1 selling less than 70k copies? Britney had competition with frank ocean who the general public were craving music for :meltdown:

3 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Make Me... would have gone #1 had she actually properly promoted the song with great performances and released the original video.

But, I just sound like a broken record here.

I still can't believe she did the vmas :weirdmeout:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Billboard performance + make me debut
  • Make me original video, then released after the video, it could of stood a chance.

They pretty much killed it for her from the beginning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Innocentney said:

It all depends on timing! Wasn't Gwen or Meghan trainior that went #1 selling less than 70k copies? Britney had competition with frank ocean who the general public were craving music for :meltdown:

I still can't believe she did the vmas :weirdmeout:

No, she had competition from Barbra and FGL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Camilo said:

No, she had competition from Barbra and FGL 

I'm surprised and happy Barbra got a #1 album! Britney could get another album to go number #1 when she's 74,:cutesybrit:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Innocentney said:

I'm surprised and happy Barbra got a #1 album! Britney could get another album to go number #1 when she's 74,:cutesybrit:

FGL #1

Barbra #2

Britney #3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Innocentney said:

It all depends on timing! Wasn't Gwen or Meghan trainior that went #1 selling less than 70k copies? Britney had competition with frank ocean who the general public were craving music for :meltdown:

I still can't believe she did the vmas :weirdmeout:

I was actually shocked that she did the VMA's too.  I never thought she would perform there ever again after 2007, like it was impossible. But apparently she was very upset that they had her go after Beyoncé, and who knows what she'll do in the future. Maybe she'll do it this year?  :awkblink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I was actually shocked that she did the VMA's too.  I never thought she would perform there ever again after 2007, like it was impossible. But apparently she was very upset that they had her go after Beyoncé, and who knows what she'll do in the future. Maybe she'll do it this year?  :awkblink:

She said she didn't care but she knows she was disappointed af because Beyoncé gave us a show lol :carpoolney:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I was actually shocked that she did the VMA's too.  I never thought she would perform there ever again after 2007, like it was impossible. But apparently she was very upset that they had her go after Beyoncé, and who knows what she'll do in the future. Maybe she'll do it this year?  :awkblink:

I have this delusional theory: she did an average performance on the BBMA'S 2015 and then the next year she slayed the show, maybe that could happen with the VMA'S, maybe she was very nervous that she just wanted to do something simple that doesn't require that much because of her shyness and nervousness, maybe this year, now she's been there after 10 years, she can feel comfortable enough to slay the the stage with a killer choreo. I KNOW, IM BEING DELUSIONAL AF! but I'm just trying to give myself some hope...  :crying1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glory would have went #1 if...

1. Britney surprised everyone with the debut of "Make Me..." during her Billboard Music Awards Performance, with the song becoming available on iTunes immediately after the performance was over. Imagine all the rumors swirling at that time, and then to hear the announcer say, "And now... here she is, the Princess of Pop, Britney Spears with the worldwide debut of her new single, 'Make Me...'". It would have been a hit, especially with how amazing that whole performance was!

2. The ORIGINAL "Make Me..." music video would've been released in June -  still riding the wave of the BBMA excitement - and the video would've had a worldwide, heavily-advertised debut on a major television network (probably MTV).

3. Glory would've been announced (including the album cover which should've been the same pic as the original MM single cover and MM single cover could've been something different but equally iconic) soon after the "Make Me..." video was released, but no release date confirmed yet.

4. Britney would've surprise-released Glory (or at least given 12 or 24 hour notice) sometime in early August or late July after maybe teasing fans through Twitter or by posting cryptic Instagram pics or something along those lines.

5. During the release of MM, it's video, Glory announcement, and Glory release, Brit goes on a press tour with radio stations, gives interviews about the up-coming music (maybe a sit-down interview that is televised -Barbara Walters style). And maybe she performs "Make Me..." on a late-night show with several other performances here and there.

6. Britney would've opened the VMA's with an ICONIC, FIERCE performance of "Make Me..." (no Me, Myself, and I cover)... with something controversial and amazing during the performance.

7. Britney released the second single soon after the VMA's, with video soon after.

The whole era could've been a SUCCESS. It sucks that it was messed up from the beginning by poor management.

Just let me manage her career.... :foh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, iZacaree said:

Glory would have went #1 if...

1. Britney surprised everyone with the debut of "Make Me..." during her Billboard Music Awards Performance, with the song becoming available on iTunes immediately after the performance was over. Imagine all the rumors swirling at that time, and then to hear the announcer say, "And now... here she is, the Princess of Pop, Britney Spears with the worldwide debut of her new single, 'Make Me...'". It would have been a hit, especially with how amazing that whole performance was!

2. The ORIGINAL "Make Me..." music video would've been released in June -  still riding the wave of the BBMA excitement - and the video would've had a worldwide, heavily-advertised debut on a major television network (probably MTV).

3. Glory would've been announced (including the album cover which should've been the same pic as the original MM single cover and MM single cover could've been something different but equally iconic) soon after the "Make Me..." video was released, but no release date confirmed yet.

4. Britney would've surprise-released Glory (or at least given 12 or 24 hour notice) sometime in early August or late July after maybe teasing fans through Twitter or by posting cryptic Instagram pics or something along those lines.

5. During the release of MM, it's video, Glory announcement, and Glory release, Brit goes on a press tour with radio stations, gives interviews about the up-coming music (maybe a sit-down interview that is televised -Barbara Walters style). And maybe she performs "Make Me..." on a late-night show with several other performances here and there.

6. Britney would've opened the VMA's with an ICONIC, FIERCE performance of "Make Me..." (no Me, Myself, and I cover)... with something controversial and amazing during the performance.

7. Britney released the second single soon after the VMA's, with video soon after.

The whole era could've been a SUCCESS. It sucks that it was messed up from the beginning by poor management.

Just let me manage her career.... :foh:

YEP!! Saved me the trouble of writing another essay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×