danny1994

Glory has been removed from shelves at Target. UPDATE: FALSE ALARM It's been moved to the front of the aisle!

I regret buying Dangerously in Love 13 years ago :wannadie:

48 minutes ago, ViciousVixen said:

ok, you work at target right, then simply put it back.  :tiffdrink:

It's more complicated than that.

We have a vender come every week that puts new music up and takes old music down. He came and took all the copies of Glory with him! :tiffanycries:

RIP Glory: August 2016 - October 2016. ru4sbo.jpg

23wqkhv.jpg

2 hours ago, LionHeart said:

As a product itself glory is not selling cause the album is so ugly and not very atractive to people to get it on cd, it's sad. i have my Us deluxe copy and the printing, image quality, colours and everything is not atractive! even britney jean has better colours than glory it's sad. cause the album is amazing!

+1

It is so ugly on shelves that it may be one of the reasons it is removed. 2mxljr7.jpg

2 hours ago, BritneyCroatia.com said:

I guess the thick layer of dust on them was annoying for the employees. 

2qk6mgi.jpg

1 hour ago, SomeoneYouDontKnow said:

well its still on itunes 

tumblr_nhf7qcHEm21t0xmzoo1_400.gif

This gif! :gloria:

Well, I hid all the Lemonade copies in the school supplies section at my Target. I also put Glory all the way at the front and walked around advertising with my bought copy :saycheese: It's a shame they took it away though :verycool:

45 minutes ago, I'mSoCurious said:

Well, I hid all the Lemonade copies in the school supplies section at my Target. I also put Glory all the way at the front and walked around advertising with my bought copy :saycheese: It's a shame they took it away though :verycool:

tumblr_o82h17HhZp1svi3flo1_400.gif

11 hours ago, button said:

Not sure where you're getting the ratios from but where's the logic in keeping and promoting an album that's not on the BB200 chart right now and taking off the one that is still charting? The charts, an actual indicator, show that DIL is not selling better than Glory for this to happen. :donewithit:

It's not about the album, it's about the name. Beyonce is far more popular than Britney at this point, and that's why they're promoting her instead. It's her name and the selling-power attached to it. Britney just doesn't sell anymore. These are facts.

Hmm, that's a bummer. I just saw the CD on the shelf at my local target this weekend. There were only 3 left, though.

12 hours ago, iZacaree said:

It's not about the album, it's about the name. Beyonce is far more popular than Britney at this point, and that's why they're promoting her instead. It's her name and the selling-power attached to it. Britney just doesn't sell anymore. These are facts.

Of course Target is doing this based on the names of the artists, but that user said they're right in doing this because the album isn't selling, to which I replied by saying DIL wasn't on the BB200 while Glory was which made the situation unfair.

Target is using the logic you're talking about I don't doubt that, but when you consider the albums they have at hand, it doesn't make sense, from my point of view.

Sucks for Britney. :(

On 10/16/2016 at 0:44 PM, danny1994 said:

Meanwhile, they have a 13 year old Beyoncé album in the "top hits" section. I feel like boycotting :donewithit:

In The Zone better be in that section not even playing:donewithit:

UPDATE: GOOD NEWS, they moved it to the end of the aisle! This means more people will see it and it should lead to more sales! This is great news!

On 16. Oktober 2016 at 11:39 PM, PlayingItSafe said:

Free copies for every POM attendee :quirkney:

i really don't understand why they don't do that... her team is so cheap :kidcries:

• Downvote 1

On 10/16/2016 at 11:44 AM, danny1994 said:

I'm an employee at Target, and Glory was removed from the shelves this week! I'm furious! :donewithit:

UPDATE: GOOD NEWS, they moved it to the end of the aisle! This means more people will see it and it should lead to more sales! This is great news!

I work at Best Buy, I put the album on all my music fixtures, and it doesn't sell. :crying2: I've even kept up old Glory signage. 

2 minutes ago, Oh My Stars said:

I work at Best Buy, I put the album on all my music fixtures, and it doesn't sell. :crying2: I've even kept up old Glory signage. 

Well, hopefully moving it from the inside to the front of the aisle at Target will increase sales, even if it's by a slight amount.

Honestly, I think it would've sold more with a better cover. While it's a closeup like her other albums, it doesn't look like a "Britney" cover.

23 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Slay! :queenflopga: 

Well its non existent at Wal-Mart where im at. And the walgreens i work at judt displayed lady Gaga joanne album and beyonce and barbra...

No britney though