Sign in to follow this  
openwatersurfer

Something I don't understand about Myah Jean

Guys I know this is old news :nervousney:

But I've been listening to BJ a lot and still can't get over how Til it's gone , chilling with you etc.... sound nothing like Britney for the most part.

My theory is this: do you think it was an accident?

I mean do you think the album was so rushed that they ended up confusing Britney's vocals with Myahs recording when they were editing?

I don't get how will.i.am the executive producer would let it happen intentionally :dontlike:

• Downvote 3

Britney Jean is so iconic. getting threads even though her new album is coming #Slay :orly:

• Downvote 1

who cares, the album sucks either way. I wished people would never ever mention it. it doesn't exist to me.

I think the best back vocal of Britney was the one from Blackout. 

5 minutes ago, I am Max. said:

i dont give a single f**k. we have an amazing album coming up. 

This.

Let go of the past.  That sh!t was three years ago, and it's irrelevant now.

It was intentional. But I just don't get how Britney could be that absent. We know she records fast. And without doing  backgrounds she could literally record every song in under an hour. It doesn't require THAT much time.

What I guess is that she is very insecure with her voice and didn't want to record with the producers. I have a feeling she recorded a lot of this album at home or did he vocals by herself and then sent them off.

18 minutes ago, openwatersurfer said:

I don't get how will.i.am the executive producer would let it happen intentionally :dontlike:

You don't? I think he has a major part in destroying that album. 

• Downvote 1

I think CWY and most of TIG sound like her, but her voice has been heavily altered! I think that's why fans think Myah sings more than she does on that album because between her backing vocals and fill ins and Britney's obliterated vocals it's so hard to tell its her on a lot of the tracks 

I thought we got over that mixtape. Can we just stop mentioning it here please? :Arianabye:

17 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I think CWY and most of TIG sound like her, but her voice has been heavily altered! I think that's why fans think Myah sings more than she does on that album because between her backing vocals and fill ins and Britney's obliterated vocals it's so hard to tell its her on a lot of the tracks 

I'm also thinking that same thing. With will.i.sh!t fascination with autotune and vocoder - no wonder vocals are meant to sound synthetic 

14 minutes ago, marioh said:

You don't? I think he has a major part in destroying that album. 

He had a major part in destroying pop music for a few years.

can't stand him or his stupid ass music he is the worst

I think I have a defect cause apart from that 2nd verse of Body Ache I hear Britney in every single track:thetea:

23 minutes ago, openwatersurfer said:

Guys I know this is old news :nervousney:

But I've been listening to BJ a lot and still can't get over how Til it's gone , chilling with you etc.... sound nothing like Britney for the most part.

My theory is this: do you think it was an accident?

I mean do you think the album was so rushed that they ended up confusing Britney's vocals with Myahs recording when they were editing?

I do think they believed that their voices were so similar that no one would notice, especially if they spun it as ''she's never sounded this good!'', it meant Myah could fill in the blanks and it could Britney's new sound....

...but they didn't consider the fact that Myah's accent and tone of voice gave it all away....

• Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, ALLEYESONUS! said:

Wasn't Britney's latest album Femme fatale? I don't recall another album being released after that :madonna: 

THIS!!  forget about the original video petition, the only petition we should be signing is the removal of barf jean from Itunes and all existence.  :whitneyshade:

on a positive note, I'm so excited for Glory, it's shaping up to be an amazing album. :hype:

They thought they could fool us once again.

No matter how hard Myah can try to sound like Britney, the difference it's still obvious.

Now let Myah Jean rest in piece.

7 minutes ago, HoneyBee said:

THIS!!  forget about the original video petition, the only petition we should be signing is the removal of barf jean from Itunes and all existence.  :whitneyshade:

on a positive note, I'm so excited for Glory, it's shaping up to be an amazing album. :hype:

f**k off! WB, DC, HOT, TTB, TIG, Alien are perfect.. not to mention her flawless vocals in Perfume.:thetea:

U people bitch about this album because it didnt debut at no.1 and Perfume flopped. Everybody was loving the song and album but once the official sales were announced you were start hating it.:truthtea:

Same happens now with MM where people starting to slowly hate the track cause it's not a hit :truthtea: and probably same will happen with Glory:truthtea:

Predictable!:grimace:

BAI! :overitkbye:

53 minutes ago, I am Max. said:

i dont give a single f**k. we have an amazing album coming up. 

This :shake:

Till It's Gone is so Britney it hurts.

Yall have really let this Myah sh!t cloud your judgement. She's just a backup vocalist. Every artist has backup singers. This is outrageous. :NYheadache:

• Downvote 1