Sign in to follow this  
TommyExhale

Justin Timberlake's "Can't Stop the Feeling": BH Review

The sunny bopper is a serious contender for song of the summer.

JTFeelingReview

He can't stop the feeling and neither can we.

It's been a while since we've heard something new from Justin Timberlake, and although his most recent musical hiatus pales in comparison to the infamous seven-year break he once took between albums, the drought could not have ended soon enough. "Can't Stop the Feeling" is the summer earworm we've been waiting for.

No stranger to retro dance influences, Justin slides into a disco groove, singing, "I got that sunshine in my pocket, got that good soul in my feet." The breezy upbeat tune is sure to blow up radio airwaves and draw people onto the floor to "just dance, dance, dance." It's unabashedly simple and cheerful, and although far more radio- and family-friendly than his most recent efforts, "Can't Stop the Feeling" sits comfortably in his catalog, which is nearly free of anomalies or misses.

Unsurprisingly, pop geniuses Max Martin and Shellback produced the shimmery song, which serves as the lead single off the soundtrack for Dreamworks' Trolls. Timberlake joins the likes of Rihanna, Shakira, and Britney Spears as the latest pop star to lend his musical talents to an animated film. No word on whether or not Trolls itself will be any good, but "Can't Stop the Feeling" is most certainly a certified jam. Check out the music video, packed with cameos from the film's celebrity cast, and make your verdict.

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.

It's way better than most animated film soundtracks! His Ooh la la era

I'm so in love with this song :makeitrain: #KING 

I cannot stand him or the way he laughs/pretends to laugh, so fucking annoying. 

The song is very boring and basic.

Kinda like him.

:bsass:

The song is a typical summer bop where you'll dance a little but get tired of it after a few listens.  For a soundtrack song, it's pretty good.  But I don't think it'll give the Trolls movie any drastic sales improvements.

I do like still him though, but he seems super annoying in this video... he's forcing trying to be cool too hard.

JT you used to have a natural coolness. Please don't have the country album be basic. 

The hatred here is pathetic. If Britney put this smash out you'd all be creaming yourselves. 

I feel like the only person that thinks this song is generic af and is one of JT's worst :awks:

14 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

I feel like the only person that thinks this song is generic af and is one of JT's worst :awks:

You're not alone.

It is just an average song, I was seriously expecting so much more from Justin hopefully his CD has better stuff on it than this.

It a consequence of working with Max Martin. What happens when the person who's producing everyone's music does your song? It sounds generic as f**k. 

Also agree that he was kinda weird in this video. It was like a white dad trying to be cool at a BBQ or something.

Anna Kendrick slayed this video harder than anyone else. 

And check my reaction out too :moorangu:

Lol at Breatheheavy calling this a contender for song of the summer :weusay: