Sign in to follow this  
breatheheavy

#tbt Amy Winehouse's "back To Black"

#TBT Amy Winehouse's "Back In Black"

The legendary Amy Winehouse lived a painfully short life.

Four years ago today, July 23, 2011, a brilliant but troubled 27-year-old Amy Winehouse passed away. Her demons, which ultimately assisted in her untimely demise, forced the singer away from music and into a downward spiral of self-inflicted abuse. However, during the acute time she spent on Earth, Miss Winehouse blessed music thanks to her soulful, one-of-a-kind voice with songs like "What Is It About Men," "Me & Mr. Jones" and "Rehab."

As a teenager, Winehouse used music to help cope with daily struggles a teenager may face. For instance, the separation of her parents or body image issues, but she never thought it'd guide her to superstardom passed over-saturation. Did she have any idea swarms of paparazzi, a toxic romantic relationship and a blitz of drugs & alcohol would contribute toward her unfortunate premature death? Maybe, but one thing's for sure is Amy Winehouse knew she could absolutely fucking sing.

Today, BreatheHeavy is honoring Winehouse by highlighting her massive five-time Grammy award winning "Back To Black" record by sharing the album's title track (above) and a playlist of 70 iconic songs from the late singer (below).

Ladies and gentlemen, Amy Winehouse:

RIP

http://www.breatheheavy.com/tbt-amy-winehouses-back-to-black/'>

Her sense of style during her back to black era was so fucking dope. all her fred perry shirts, ive been meaning to buy some. but i shaved my head the other day so im going to look like a sick skinhead if i wear fred perry lol

Tears Dry On Their Own always hits me hard, the lyrics are just on point. I remember the first guy I ever hooked up with was my straight best friend in high school, I was like 15, and we hooked up all of summer 2007 and then school started and he just dropped me flat out and got with some girl. I not only felt fucked from getting fucked but id also lost a close friend. it was a really hard year for me, but I used to blast Tears Dry and I fucking felt it. I relate to a lot of her lyrics and her whole vibe. She was like garage punk looking with a lowrider oldies soul.

Tears Dry On Their Own always hits me hard, the lyrics are just on point. I remember the first guy I ever hooked up with was my straight best friend in high school, I was like 15, and we hooked up all of summer 2007 and then school started and he just dropped me flat out and got with some girl. I not only felt f**** from getting f**** but id also lost a close friend. it was a really hard year for me, but I used to blast Tears Dry and I fucking felt it. I relate to a lot of her lyrics and her whole vibe.

Smh, what a bastard, and not him still pretending to be straight after all you've been through together :orangu:

Smh, what a bastard, and not him still pretending to be straight after all you've been through together :orangu:

Well he essentially came to the conclusion that he didn't believe in labels. So basically hes bisexual or neutral I guess you could say. But still, he fucked me over. It was tough, I sunk into a serious depression for a long time after that. And he just kept on going doing his thing and had literally no regard for my feelings. Literally none. 

Well he essentially came to the conclusion that he didn't believe in labels. So basically hes bisexual or neutral I guess you could say. But still, he fucked me over. It was tough, I sunk into a serious depression for a long time after that. And he just kept on going doing his thing and had literally no regard for my feelings. Literally none. 

Oh my god... I can't believe someone would actually do that. Maybe he was hiding his feelings, maybe he was sad too, who knows. Either way, I'm just glad it all ended for you and you're in a better place now :)

Iconic nobody will come for ha

tumblr_nrg6r2qGmt1u6n38po1_250.gif 

Oh my god... I can't believe someone would actually do that. Maybe he was hiding his feelings, maybe he was sad too, who knows. Either way, I'm just glad it all ended for you and you're in a better place now :)

He definitely bottled up everything he was feeling, but in doing so he still had no problem dropping me as a friend. Its something I still think about from time to time.

But yeah, I transferred schools after that year for my senior year and met a whole bunch of people and "blossomed" I guess you could say. So things definitely looked up lol

He definitely bottled up everything he was feeling, but in doing so he still had no problem dropping me as a friend. Its something I still think about from time to time.

But yeah, I transferred schools after that year for my senior year and met a whole bunch of people and "blossomed" I guess you could say. So things definitely looked up lol

I had issues with old friends too, lost most of them when I went to high school and all, but your situation seems to be much worse. I prefer to believe that everything happens for a reason, and when I lose someone I just tell myself "maybe it wasn't meant to be, maybe someone better is heading your way"

I had issues with old friends too, lost most of them when I went to high school and all, but your situation seems to be much worse. I prefer to believe that everything happens for a reason, and when I lose someone I just tell myself "maybe it wasn't meant to be, maybe someone better is heading your way"

Definitely. Its such a cliche to say but everything you go through in life is truly educating. Its crazy to think about how much you grow as each year passes.

Definitely. Its such a cliche to say but everything you go through in life is truly educating. Its crazy to think about how much you grow as each year passes.

I know right? I was just thinking the other day how much I grew compared to last year and how many things have changed  :nailbiter: everything happens so fast, it's crazy 

I know right? I was just thinking the other day how much I grew compared to last year and how many things have changed  :nailbiter: everything happens so fast, it's crazy 

Check out this uplifting conversation weve had that Amy Winehouse has indirectly inspired  :flawfree:

sorry guys, i've deleted my previous post. it was done in distaste.

i gave the pic to pim tbh

Check out this uplifting conversation weve had that Amy Winehouse has indirectly inspired  :flawfree:

I missed having such conversations here on exhale  :wahlykeomg:

Such a brilliant artist who unfortunately never got the full respect she deserved until she died. :(

I love this clip.

giphy.gif