Trance

The Official Björk Thread: Björk Is Working On New Album

Not really a good trailer, imho, but... :)

Looks like a good movie regardless of the trailer lol. 

I remember this so well, because this was a couple of months after I became a stan. I didn't know then, but I've read about it later that there was a technical error. She was supposed to be lifted as the song went on, and her dress would have gotten more effect.

:crying3:

Looks like a good movie regardless of the trailer lol. 

It really is. But maybe not family entertainment.  :pieceofwhat:

Sorry to go off topic, but have you seen other von Trier movies? Other than Dancer in the Dark I've only seen Melancholica, but I loved that as well.

I remember this so well, because this was a couple of months after I became a stan. I didn't know then, but I've read about it later that there was a technical error. She was supposed to be lifted as the song went on, and her dress would have gotten more effect.

:crying3:

Really? Man that would have been so cool to see. 

It really is. But maybe not family entertainment.  :pieceofwhat:

Sorry to go off topic, but have you seen other von Trier movies? Other than Dancer in the Dark I've only seen Melancholica, but I loved that as well.

When has family entertainment really mattered though lol. No worries, I think the only other movie I have seen of his is Melancholia and I loved that one too. It is my favorite performance by Kirsten Dunst. 

Really? Man that would have been so cool to see. 

I didn't find much googeling it just now, but this is what a guy wrote on some forum shortly after the Olympics.

It was such a pity that the performance was not presented on the night the way it was meant to. You see, the platform on which Bjork stood should have risen slowly and her dress should have unfolded vertically as well (not only horizontally, which is what we saw in the form of the globe cloth). This is how it was presented to us during the dress rehearsal a few days before the opening ceremony - and it was pure magic. But it seems that the lifting mechanism did not work due to some technical failure! Anyway, it was great just having Bjork in Greece!

When has family entertainment really mattered though lol. No worries, I think the only other movie I have seen of his is Melancholia and I loved that one too. It is my favorite performance by Kirsten Dunst. 

I love Kirsten Dunst as well. Another of my favorite actresses. And her role in Melancholia is my favorite. Wow. :crying1:

I didn't find much googeling it just now, but this is what a guy wrote on some forum shortly after the Olympics.

Wow I can picture how stunning that would have looked. 

I love Kirsten Dunst as well. Another of my favorite actresses. And her role in Melancholia is my favorite. Wow. :crying1:

The way she got into the role and portrayed the disease was so good. I heard that she didn't get an Oscar nomination because of the comments Von Trier made at Cannes I believe. 

The way she got into the role and portrayed the disease was so good. I heard that she didn't get an Oscar nomination because of the comments Von Trier made at Cannes I believe. 

Wow, if that is true that's really sad. I guess the Oscars just hate von Trier.  :aww1:

Wow, if that is true that's really sad. I guess the Oscars just hate von Trier.  :aww1:

It is sad if it's true but I think it didn't get a nomination because those kinds of performances don't normally get nominated. 

Björk covering Nico:

And I'm gonna throw in the original as well, from Nico's album Desertshore. It is sung by Nico's son, Ari. ;)

Björk covering Nico:

And I'm gonna throw in the original as well, from Nico's album Desertshore. It is sung by Nico's son, Ari. ;)

Nice. Ari's voice on his version reminds me of  Björk's voice on the album she released when she was a kid. 

Nice. Ari's voice on his version reminds me of  Björk's voice on the album she released when she was a kid. 

That is the "only" version of the song. She wrote the song about her son, and he sang it on her record. He was maybe 6 or 7 years old at the time. :)

I like this Melanie cover:

That is the "only" version of the song. She wrote the song about her son, and he sang it on her record. He was maybe 6 or 7 years old at the time. :)

I like this Melanie cover:

My bad then. Yeah that's a nice cover. I like this one too.

Sissy is one of my favourites too and I enjoyed her in 'Night, Mother, but I thought her performance in Coal Miner's Daughter was better. I re-watched that recently.

Oh, I love Coal Miner's Daughter as well. And have you seen 3 Women? And Crimes of the Heart? 

Looks like I forgot one of her singles, it seems like this video is fan made but it perfectly matches the style and animation of the Mutual Core video. Ok so the video is made by the same person who directed the Mutual Core video but someone just added the audio for Virus, either way it works together beautifully. 

I like 3 Women a lot! I haven't seen Crimes of the Heart yet, though. I'll add it to my watchlist.

Shelley Duvall is so cute in 3 Women.

I liked how Shelley's character in 3 Women changed, from being irritating and embarrassing to rather sad and, yes even cute. I laugh every time that guy in her apartment complex coughs as she walks in or out.

Yes, check out Crimes of the Heart. Oh, and have you seen Missing?

We should make an official Sissy Spacek thread.  :fallonlol:

Another one of her interviews which I like. It is also on her Spotify account. 

Yes. :)

Good. I find it to be a very interesting story told through music and an interesting connection between her first three albums. 

Good. I find it to be a very interesting story told through music and an interesting connection between her first three albums. 

Don't forget about the music videos. :)